Vikings v Bulldogs

Batley Bob

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well slap my hide...words to be eaten. Are Widnes so much a worse side than Eagles, I think not, so clearly the look in the mirror registered somewhere! Well done.

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Change needed before it’s too late... 

its been too late for a long time tom fella, when we lost 10 on trot it were far too late, dry rubbed,cricket scores, bet we keep him as it would take a new coach a long time to get us back on track to what we were like seasons ago. too many fans had enough and aint been around for years now, a club should be protected for everyone involved not pulled to bits like it dont  even matter.

Couldn't  make last night due to work commitments, but it sounds like we showed some bite and pace against a good Widnes side on their own patch. There is a glimmer of hope coming through a very frustrating season, as some of the youngsters have developed this season, including Yates, Brearley, Tomlinson, Dickinson, and Downes. An added bonus is the rehabilitation of Niall Walker, who clearly is gifted with a turn of pace. We need to make a couple of shrewd signings in the close season, to bring good game management onto the pitch, and gel the youth and experienced squad members into a strong on field unit,  The question is then which coach can bring the best out of a decent squad? Is Matt Diskin the man to take us forward for the next 3 years, or should we look to pastures new?

I was not disappointed with both Batley,s defence and attacking ability, perhaps if Brown and Leak were available maybe we would of edged it. Niall Walker was the fastest player in the last few seasons to wear a Batley shirt out pacing the Widnes players to score two wonderful well worked tries, on last night's performance we will have no worries regarding the bottom of the league. 

A number of decisions could of been kinder to us, disallowed Campbell try + another occasion alledgedly running behind a player when there was no Widnes player within tackling distance of the play to obstruct (debatable area in RL)

Conceded a try which was nearly as bad as Ainscoughs against fev, Widnes put a grubber kick in to the corner Campbell gets his boot to the ball but kicks the ball across the full width of the field straight to the center,s  hands who offloads to let the second rower have a walk in try.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

5 hours ago, ernieone said:

I was not disappointed with both Batley,s defence and attacking ability, perhaps if Brown and Leak were available maybe we would of edged it. Niall Walker was the fastest player in the last few seasons to wear a Batley shirt out pacing the Widnes players to score two wonderful well worked tries, on last night's performance we will have no worries regarding the bottom of the league. 

A number of decisions could of been kinder to us, disallowed Campbell try + another occasion alledgedly running behind a player when there was no Widnes player within tackling distance of the play to obstruct (debatable area in RL)

Conceded a try which was nearly as bad as Ainscoughs against fev, Widnes put a grubber kick in to the corner Campbell gets his boot to the ball but kicks the ball across the full width of the field straight to the center,s  hands who offloads to let the second rower have a walk in try.

Good Performance’s don’t win points 

TBF even from the brief highlights you tell we looked far more potent in attack than we have for weeks, if not months. We were standing deeper and running onto the ball for a start. The halfbacks had options with more than one man available to pass to.

I would have bitten your hand off before the kickoff if someone had offered me that score line. Can’t wait for the dvd.

6 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Good Performance’s don’t win points 

But good performances win respect, it felt really good traveling over to Widnes on Friday night and watching a inspìring  display. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Archived