Man of Steel

Can anyone advise how the points system works for this award?

I know that 3, 2, and 1 points are awarded each week for each match, but I'm struggling to understand how Jake Connor didn't get any for his performance - who was choosing this?

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Can anyone advise how the points system works for this award?

I know that 3, 2, and 1 points are awarded each week for each match, but I'm struggling to understand how Jake Connor didn't get any for his performance - who was choosing this?

He probably didn't get any points because he's a little £h!thouse.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

He probably didn't get any points because a little £h!thouse.

Well that's probably true, but that's not the point.

He along with Kelly were the stand out players in that match and it appears that personal agendas are obscuring the more objective view of someone's playing ability

14 minutes ago, Padge said:

A sensible reply.

Connor is a wind up merchant who has alot to say for himself. He tries to get under people's skin, and he often gets involved in a bit of handbags because of it. Sometimes he takes it a bit too far, especially when he has spoken out if turn to referees. 

But this thing about him being a s**thouse I just don't get. I have never seen him do anything to deliberately harm a player. No cannonballs, no late hits, no twisting of arms. He just enjoys trying to wind people up.

You're a Wigan fan aren't you? You should look a bit closer to home for a few "little s***houses."

3 hours ago, Padge said:

You're losing it on here mate, that's a bit pathetic.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I said to Aaron Bower on twitter it was the best individual 40 minute performance I’ve seen for a very long time. Deserved 20 points.

special player. Ironic the ones mouthing had the Tomkins tools paying for their club.

Coote scored a try, got four assists and kicked five goals. Got zero points.

Lomax was man of the match. Got zero points.

Fages didn't do a huge amount. Got two points.

This scoring system might have a chance of working if the 'experts' actually watched the games with their eyes open.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I honestly couldn’t give a flying fox about Jake Connor being a bighead or whatever. He is QUALITY.

Many of the best players over the years had a bit of grub, wind-up or arrogance about them. Fine as long as they have the talent to back it up. Also fine to rejoice if/when they eventually get snotted as a result ?

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

Many of the best players over the years had a bit of grub, wind-up or arrogance about them. Fine as long as they have the talent to back it up. Also fine to rejoice if/when they eventually get snotted as a result ?

Very few haven’t had a side to them we didn’t like at times and I think we can mistake arrogance for supreme confidence.  

There are a few this year who’ve shown great skills but I think a montage of what Connors done would be great to see.  

I think the measure of great players is that you walk away from the game talking about the that player, what he did, how he did it.  Mind you, thinking about it I bet a few were talking about Clubb and Ferres sprint race in the last minute last week.?

54 minutes ago, redjonn said:

as a matter of interest which players got the points....

Kelly, Naulago and Sneyd. 

I would have probably gone Connor, Kelly and Houghton.

Naulago played well. Scored two tries and did brilliantly for Kelly's third, but he struggled to make inroads when he was bringing it out of defence. I thought Cas did a real good job on him. So would have just missed the points for me.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You're losing it on here mate, that's a bit pathetic.

And a little light hearted, I know you lot think his piles shine like the sun but ffs what's the big deal here.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well we'll take the opinion of someone who's probably seen more £h!thouses than most on here as he's a pie.

Are we going to start lists, I never had FC fans down as sensitive souls, aww bless.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sensative, really the famous Wigan Walk when defeat is looming is most probably the ultimate in sensativity.

Wiganers walk when they are winning but that's a story for another time.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

And a little light hearted, I know you lot think his piles shine like the sun but ffs what's the big deal here.

Tbf, light heartedness doesn't always show when it's written on a forum. If it was a bit tongue in cheek then fair enough, it just came across as bitter the way it was written.

As I've said though, I think this s***house tag is unfair. He's a mouthy player, not a dirty one.

19 hours ago, Moove said:

Coote scored a try, got four assists and kicked five goals. Got zero points.

Lomax was man of the match. Got zero points.

Fages didn't do a huge amount. Got two points.

This scoring system might have a chance of working if the 'experts' actually watched the games with their eyes open.

I've not really been following the MOS points - Is that right that both Coote & Lomax got zero points last Friday - Unbelievable ?

Coote had a hand in almost every try Saints scored and his link play was excellent. Lomax was a constant threat and cause panic in the Huddersfield defensive line all night. Walmsley utterly dominated in the middle and was the best forward out there by a county mile.

Anyone watching that game could see these 3 were head & shoulders above everyone else out there. Who was scoring that game for MOS ???

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I've not really been following the MOS points - Is that right that both Coote & Lomax got zero points last Friday - Unbelievable ?

Yep. Walmsley (3), Fages (2) and Thompson (1) got the points.

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

It always has been. Not sure what you are trying to say here?

In the early years it got it's name from the sponsor Truman's Steel. If you look back it wasn't always won by a player. Allan Agar won it when he was Coach of Featherstone.

25 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

In the early years it got it's name from the sponsor Truman's Steel. If you look back it wasn't always won by a player. Allan Agar won it when he was Coach of Featherstone.

Fair enough, now you mention Agar I do remember hearing that before.

But it has been purely a player of the year award for a pretty long time now.

Archived