21-23 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

FRIDAY 21st JUNE
Sheffield Eagles v Rochdale Hornets KO 7.45pm
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs KO 8pm

SATURDAY 22nd JUNE
Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 6pm (UK Time) (TV)

SUNDAY 23rd JUNE 2019
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO 3pm (OurLeague App)
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v York City Knights KO 3pm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, John Drake said:

FRIDAY 21st JUNE
Sheffield Eagles 58 v 8 Rochdale Hornets KO 7.45pm
Widnes Vikings 24 v 14 Batley Bulldogs KO 8pm

SATURDAY 22nd JUNE
Toronto Wolfpack 42 v 16 Toulouse Olympique KO 6pm (UK Time) (TV)

SUNDAY 23rd JUNE 2019
Bradford Bulls 30 v 33 Halifax KO 3pm (OurLeague App)
Dewsbury Rams 12 v 46 Leigh Centurions KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers 38 v 6 Barrow Raiders KO 3pm
Swinton Lions 17 v 24 York City Knights KO 3pm

Sheffield Eagles v Rochdale Hornets by 16
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs  by 12
Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique by 8 expecting a fantastic game! gave my tickets away cuz I'm camping at Santa' village this weekend. Getting some new blood exposed to the game though.
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO by 8
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions by 12
Featherstone Rovers v Barrow Raiders by 30
Swinton Lions v York City Knights by 2 because why not, they are playing some great stuff

As limited as Bradford are I expect them to win as Fax will have one big eye on the C.C semi-final and Bradford will be looking for revenge and have the greater motivation. Toronto could win easily again if Toulouse don't have a few players back this week.

Having seen both teams in the flesh so to speak in the last two weeks, Bradford have much the weaker defence but they made some telling breaks that they could not turn into points, Halifax looked to be the better all round team especially when Murrell was on the field, he really does guide and influence them very well, on the other hand I was quite dissapointed with Lilley's performance, if Murrell play's I think Fax will win more comfortably than without him irrespective I will go for a Fax win. 

7 hours ago, rleaguer said:

As limited as Bradford are I expect them to win as Fax will have one big eye on the C.C semi-final and Bradford will be looking for revenge and have the greater motivation. Toronto could win easily again if Toulouse don't have a few players back this week.

TO are missing Kheirallah, Ford, Margeurite, Curran, Peuch, and a couple others. Joe Bretherton is back

On 19/06/2019 at 09:58, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

FRIDAY 21st JUNE
Sheffield Eagles v Rochdale Hornets KO 7.45pm
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs KO 8pm

SATURDAY 22nd JUNE
Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 6pm (UK Time) (TV)

SUNDAY 23rd JUNE 2019
Bradford Bulls v Halifax KO 3pm (OurLeague App)
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v York City Knights KO 3pm

Sheffield

Widnes

Toronto

Halifax

Leigh

Featherstone

York

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Can see Fax getting another loss. We was awful again against Barrow. We have a very inexperienced coaching team at this level and keep trying to play Fullbacks like Grix or QLT in the halves with Murrell. Our error rate and discipline has been awful all season. I just cant see us getting a win in the next couple of games neither with Fev and Toronto coming up....

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Can see Fax getting another loss. We was awful again against Barrow. We have a very inexperienced coaching team at this level and keep trying to play Fullbacks like Grix or QLT in the halves with Murrell. Our error rate and discipline has been awful all season. I just cant see us getting a win in the next couple of games neither with Fev and Toronto coming up....

I haven't seen your match, however, going to Barrow is always a tough place to go no matter where they are in the league.They've had some good results recently.

You've just beaten Bradford twice, so nothing stopping you make it a 3rd time. Will be a great game.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

13 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Great effort from the Bulls this week.

image.thumb.png.9b59e2f2f5509a730b0342b38ec0e179.png

Have the Bulls been forced to have a rethink on their outrageous Championship pricing structure?

15 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Great effort from the Bulls this week.

image.thumb.png.9b59e2f2f5509a730b0342b38ec0e179.png

1455, attempt at the worlds longest "Drop" kick

1505, Management at Bradford arrested for a Terrorist attempt at blowing the main stand up, when the organisers forgot to tell the Army the stand isn't being demolished, it just looks like that.

On 20/06/2019 at 15:29, Chris Taylor said:

I haven't seen your match, however, going to Barrow is always a tough place to go no matter where they are in the league.They've had some good results recently.

You've just beaten Bradford twice, so nothing stopping you make it a 3rd time. Will be a great game.

It's an interesting one, that's for sure. Fax have beaten the bulls twice but there is just 4 points between the sides over three games (so I was informed..) so it 's basically between two fairly even sides both looking to find some form. Could go either way.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Archived