22 Jun: SL: Catalans Dragons v Hull FC KO 5pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/19 at 16:00

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know what to make of Catalans just now. On paper this should be a really tough game for Hull, but if the Dragons perform the way they have recently then it will be a formality. Take nothing away from London, but they were dreadful last week.

I do think Hull are starting to knuckle down now after a very inconsistent first half of the season. We are getting towards the business end now, and this one is a very important game. Win it and we have one hand on a top 3 place, something that is very important in this playoff format.

I am confident that we will give a good account of ourselves, and I'm going to back us to win regardless, but I just don't know about Catalans. Have they hit the wall, or are they going to be able to put their recent run behind them and start playing like a playoff team again?

Hull by 4 or 22 depending on which Catalans we get.

Cats looked a disjointed, tired side last week and now they’ve Baitieri out.  Hull are playing confidently and if that continues they can win well.  

Not sure if Houghton and Taylor are certainties so Mick Jenkins could step in with Rich (The Chief) Wilson.

Hull by 40, Catalans are as much a rabble now as we were when we faced them at home, it would go some way to correct the horrible performances and heavy defeats earlier in the season including the pasting we got off them.

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Hull by 40, Catalans are as much a rabble now as we were when we faced them at home, it would go some way to correct the horrible performances and heavy defeats earlier in the season including the pasting we got off them.

Sadly I worry you are right. My 14pts was influenced by I'm a Dragons fan. 

Bird seems to be missed alot more than I thought he would and does anyone else think Albert deserves a game as Smith isn't doing it right now at this level so may as well give Albert a game. 

18 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I suppose that will at least give Catalans a boost. 

It will be interesting to see how they go without him. Gigot will be expected to pull all the strings and may well come up trumps. 

I think Les Dracs seem to look tired so it could also be a physical thing for them and as ever Mentally staying focused game after game. South of France is quite a relaxing place I would imagine. 

14 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

'It will be interesting to see how they go without him. Gigot will be expected to pull all the strings and may well come up trumps. 

I think Les Dracs seem to look tired so it could also be a physical thing for them and as ever Mentally staying focused game after game. South of France is quite a relaxing place I would imagine. 

They have a couple back, so that may help but will be up against it if Hull continue their form.

Having watched Gigot for a few weeks and he seems completely out of it.  Maybe with Tomkins out he can get more involved but I've never thought he was a FB anyway, with some of his best games I've seen coming at Centre.

Gigot is frustrating. 

He's rock and diamonds. Usually diamonds when he needs a new contract and rocks when he's settled. This year, he's settled.

He's one dimensional as a fullback. He gets a lots of meters from kick returns but his passing play is very average, his decision making is poor and he only tackles when he wants to (see last week game where he didn't bother to defend on 3 tries). 

He went from fan favorite to ####### off most of the fans in 6 months. Escaré is supposedly coming back on loan from Wigan and that may not be good news for Gigot.

5 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Gigot will be expected to pull all the strings and may well come up trumps.

5 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Gigot is frustrating. 

I've heard Gigot will be missing.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Gigot is frustrating. 

He's rock and diamonds. Usually diamonds when he needs a new contract and rocks when he's settled. This year, he's settled.

He's one dimensional as a fullback. He gets a lots of meters from kick returns but his passing play is very average, his decision making is poor and he only tackles when he wants to (see last week game where he didn't bother to defend on 3 tries). 

He went from fan favorite to ####### off most of the fans in 6 months. Escaré is supposedly coming back on loan from Wigan and that may not be good news for Gigot.

Admittedly I only watch TV games, however Les Dracs are on more than any other team and I did go to the Broncos game in London to see Catalans.

Overall I feel his season has been OK. A few weeks ago, on this board some of us myself included were saying he's Les Dracs game breaker. He may throw up a not so great prefromance here and there however he's got alot to offer and his passing is good and he can drop a goal to win a game or two. His games v Wigan and Wakey were both very strong and he clearly cares and is passionate about winning. The Maverick is a big asset to SL as a whole I feel. 

I would not say he's having a bad year. Just he can have bad games which if he did not, he would probably be seen as a NRL player. 

Escare back at Les Dracs, would be good as off the bench he offers alot of dynamism out of the halves or at FB. Would like to see him back. 

Lastly if he, Gigot doesn't play Tommmorow, ie no Gigot or Tomkins, as well as Bird still out, unfortunately I See Les Dracs getting beat by a clear 24pts or more 

Same as everyone else it's hard to know what will happen in this one, maybe neither of them will turn up!!

Hull by anything upto 50..,......................but then again??????

Archived