21 Jun: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/06/19 at 18:45

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least there was no shortage of effort from Leeds tonight, but in a way that is even more worrying for them. This is just the standard they are at, and they never for one moment looked like they could win despite Saints being off the pace themselves.

Has LMB been on a media training course? No expletives and I understood every word he said.

Could be classed as a plus for Leeds, they scrambled well, were expsected to lose but didn't concede too many to do too much damage to their points difference ?

Scratchy performance from Saints but still a very comfortable win against a very, very poor Leeds side who on this showing will be very lucky if they avoid relegation. Their fans also seem to have deserted them when they need them the most. 

Saints off the boil, but while Leeds put in plenty of effort, they lost the ball too often.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

45 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Fewer ?

Oh I’m terribly sorry, you are quite right.   But you are also wrong as you corrected me in English, not Gaelg.

Ta ny sloo sleih ayns shoh shiaghtin.

Failt Erriu, Oie vie!   (Back to Bunscoil Gaelgagh for you)....

?

PS my family originates from Ellan Vannin ??

Well, that was disappointing in terms of quality and after a second half fightback from Leeds, a bit of relief from this Saints fan that we did actually win!  I think losing two players to injury on top of Roby and Knowles already missing was a bit too much for us but even without that excuse we weren't at our best and the coach knew it.  He wasn't his usual bubbly self.  Still, a win is a win but hopefully next week we will perform much better.

bit scappy at times but saints play some great rugby for mine. some real quality ball skills and at pace too, were leeds go from here i dont know as they look to be trying too hard and nothing seems to work. got to be hard for a coach to have sinfield sat on your shoulder. he needs to step back and let em get on with it or take over himself:kolobok_popcorm1:

Archived