Who needs enemies when we have Paul Kent!

Just watched the rerun of last nights NRL 360 on Foxtel hosted by Ben Ikin and Paul Kent.

The middle segment had James Graham and Robbie Farah as guests and the topic turned to this weeks Rep weekend.

Ben Ikin commented to Paul Kent ‘This is the weekend when you don’t give a hoot isn’t it’.  Kent smugly said ‘Two hoots’. The camera panned to Robbie Farah, wearing his Lebanon RL jersey, who looking embarrassed said  to Kent ‘Two years ago you said you would not be watching the Pacific Test.  Will you be watching this week?’.  Kent replied ‘No’.

Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  But Kent, a RL journalist, would have known in advance that Farah would be on the show to speak passionately about the internal politics that has engulfed RL in Lebanon and how Farah feels it is important to play - even though on tonight’s news there are some that feel the game should be boycotted - to show Lebanese youngsters in Lebanon and Australia about the pride in playing the game and playing for your country.  

Farah explained that there had been no active league in Lebanon since 2018 and if the game died there because of the political wrangling then Lebanon would forfeit their place at the next World Cup.

Kent a bloke that earns his living from the game just sat looking smug.

I would like to think that after the show finished Farah slapped that smug look off Kent’s face.

Some people just like being a big fish in a small pond.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Just watched the rerun of last nights NRL 360 on Foxtel hosted by Ben Ikin and Paul Kent.

The middle segment had James Graham and Robbie Farah as guests and the topic turned to this weeks Rep weekend.

Ben Ikin commented to Paul Kent ‘This is the weekend when you don’t give a hoot isn’t it’.  Kent smugly said ‘Two hoots’. The camera panned to Robbie Farah, wearing his Lebanon RL jersey, who looking embarrassed said  to Kent ‘Two years ago you said you would not be watching the Pacific Test.  Will you be watching this week?’.  Kent replied ‘No’.

Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  But Kent, a RL journalist, would have known in advance that Farah would be on the show to speak passionately about the internal politics that has engulfed RL in Lebanon and how Farah feels it is important to play - even though on tonight’s news there are some that feel the game should be boycotted - to show Lebanese youngsters in Lebanon and Australia about the pride in playing the game and playing for your country.  

Farah explained that there had been no active league in Lebanon since 2018 and if the game died there because of the political wrangling then Lebanon would forfeit their place at the next World Cup.

I would like to think that after the show finished Farah slapped that smug look off Kent’s face.

I watched it also..Kent is a ****!

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

40 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

He's not known as Paul Kent in Australia. They have coined a new name for him. I'll let you work it out.

Is it Poor and a crude name for female sexual reproductive organs?

Geez is it hard to have a bit of filter on your negative potentially damaging opinions to international game. 

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

He's not known as Paul Kent in Australia. They have coined a new name for him. I'll let you work it out.

Is it Jeremy Hunt?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Some people in Australia think he's a AFL plant, which would explain a lot. 

Being against international competition for starters.

4 hours ago, leaguefan13 said:

I watch the majority of NRL 360 episodes and Kent is up there with the most negative people involved in RL. Hardly ever talks the game up and talks down any RL that isn’t NRL at every opportunity 

A proper Kent then.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived