50 minutes ago, Marauder said:

If so what are the full facts, you can collar the local burglar, bungle him the boot of your car and be charged with kidnap and be a local hero.

Yeah, similar ?... He claims it's a relative don't forget.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest/judge-cages-armed-carjack-terror-pair-1-2107606

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

Dessie you actually sound like your from Barla. Are you saying that it’s impossible for them to have the same name???? Or be related???? I don’t know him personally, but we have shaken hand on a couple of occasions. What you haven’t commented on is Sue Taylor or the current barla board. They are useless. They don’t have a clue what’s going on in the amateur game. Their so far backwards their actually facing the wrong way. Now I don’t expect a comment on that because I feel you could be a Barla member of some kind. Like I’ve said before if you’ve done your time then everyone deserves a second chance. He without sin, cast the 1st stone. Something I believe we should all live by

2 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

Dessie you actually sound like your from Barla. Are you saying that it’s impossible for them to have the same name???? Or be related???? I don’t know him personally, but we have shaken hand on a couple of occasions. What you haven’t commented on is Sue Taylor or the current barla board. They are useless. They don’t have a clue what’s going on in the amateur game. Their so far backwards their actually facing the wrong way. Now I don’t expect a comment on that because I feel you could be a Barla member of some kind. Like I’ve said before if you’ve done your time then everyone deserves a second chance. He without sin, cast the 1st stone. Something I believe we should all live by

My ex wife is called Pauline, her brother Paul and cousin Paula,  their mothers are twins born in Wigan, I'm not sure if that's the reason why their names are similar.

I'm not bothered if he's been to jail for murder, if he's done his time and has the knowledge and vision for the job in hand then allow him to rule if voted democratically into office (I don't think the RFL should be voting for any BARLA district or body)  

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

20 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

So why after 12 years is this being brought up or should I say is it being brought up because he's become a threat to the present leadership.

I don't know the guy and I don't think I've met him, but I'd listen to what he has to say like I'd listen to anyone else, I go all over watching amateur rugby league and many call BARLA and prefer summer but as many and probably a bit call the RFL and the summer season.

I honestly believe with the right approach many clubs like the six (Six clubs have moved back to winter this season) would move back into the traditional season.

38 minutes ago, Marauder said:

So why after 12 years is this being brought up or should I say is it being brought up because he's become a threat to the present leadership.

I don't know the guy and I don't think I've met him, but I'd listen to what he has to say like I'd listen to anyone else, I go all over watching amateur rugby league and many call BARLA and prefer summer but as many and probably a bit call the RFL and the summer season.

I honestly believe with the right approach many clubs like the six (Six clubs have moved back to winter this season) would move back into the traditional season.

That’s why I said Dessie must be a Barla board Member. I’m sure many of people have done bad things. Come on Boris talked about Asian women looking like a letter box which was clearly out of order and now he’s the leader of the Conservative party. Let’s just say it is him, it’s 12 years ago. He’s done his time but now he’s become a threat to this imaginary BARLA who may I add have done nothing for ANY amateur club. BARLA is known as Cup competition. How bad is that?

43 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Totally agree. He doesn’t even know me but has acknowledged me. From what I’ve seen and heard, he’s a good bloke with good ideas. He’s not sat on his ###### complaining about rugby. He’s put himself forward. So why shouldn’t he be heard

6 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

That’s why I said Dessie must be a Barla board Member. I’m sure many of people have done bad things. Come on Boris talked about Asian women looking like a letter box which was clearly out of order and now he’s the leader of the Conservative party. Let’s just say it is him, it’s 12 years ago. He’s done his time but now he’s become a threat to this imaginary BARLA who may I add have done nothing for ANY amateur club. BARLA is known as Cup competition. How bad is that?

I can't believe that the RFL have been allowed to overturn a youth leagues vote, If I was on the BARLA committee I would be looking at the long term consequences of this.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I can't believe that the RFL have been allowed to overturn a youth leagues vote, If I was on the BARLA committee I would be looking at the long term consequences of this.

They will because they are voting in favour of Taylor. Which then makes you think has BARLA made a deal with the RFL. How can Barla represent the amateur game but in the same breathe let RFL interfere? Something just doesn't add up but what do I know? I’m but a lonely supporter of a sport which is dying but no ones want to do anything about it. Yet you have a person who has put his hand up and now is being persecuted. More fool them is what I say 

3 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

They will because they are voting in favour of Taylor. Which then makes you think has BARLA made a deal with the RFL. How can Barla represent the amateur game but in the same breathe let RFL interfere? Something just doesn't add up but what do I know? I’m but a lonely supporter of a sport which is dying but no ones want to do anything about it. Yet you a person who has put his hand up and now is being persecuted. More fool them is what I say 

He seems to have a lot of backing from the old CMS Yorkshire league area, 

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

He seems to have a lot of backing from the old CMS Yorkshire league area, 

I actually don’t know any of them. Maybe he’s been supported because he has good ideas, BARLA need a change or they want rid of Taylor. In this day and age people seem more interested in personal achievements than doing something for the community. I’ve only seen him at Yorkshire County trials and he’s seems a good bloke to me.

On 08/07/2019 at 13:46, Nintendo64 said:

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

Absolutely BARLA isn't operating as it should be. Nowadays the once proud association is just a competition organiser and an organisation for individuals to hang their hat on for their own little power base.

Not much more than five years ago BARLA were within a whisker of walking away from the grip of the professional arm of rugby league and go its own way. Many things were in place for this to happen and leagues and clubs were looking to the association for guidance which sadly was not forthcoming as the then chair was more bothered about protecting his own position.

Again BARLA had the chance to regain its' more dynamic self when active board member Stuart Prior made a bid for chairmanship. However as Stuart was "different" someone who aspired to move the association forward, this made him unpopular with some static board members who drew their long knives and threw theirs - and their individual member leagues - support behind the present chair. 

Sadly if you'll excuse the pun, this was a "Taylor Maid" recipe for disaster. What is BARLA  left with now? The association is gripped by RFL rule and although it's reported by the RFL that BARLA is always part of any decision making prossess, the association is never allowed to hold an objective view. I'm afraid that most board members seem to remain for just for their own personal egoistic interests with freebies (RFL Event tickets) thrown to them. Under the present chair's stewardship, BARLA has just spiralled into freefall with the RFL seemingly holding the association's destiny. The lack of positivity from BARLA is glaringly obvious with board members illfitting roles that they uncomfortably hold. It's obvious that there is no BARLA Youth policy, no development, no communication, the International programme is a sad, pale shadow of its former self and there is not much evidence of sponsors wanting to wear the BARLA badge. Sadly all this non-action is given a regular self gratifying pat on the back by a media manager who couldn't manage a ###### during a heavy bout of diarrhoea.

Yes BARLA is in a sad state of affair with a change at the top offering strong, bold, dynamic leadership, the only cure.

You never fail until you stop trying

5 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

Absolutely BARLA isn't operating as it should be. Nowadays the once proud association is just a competition organiser and an organisation for individuals to hang their hat on for their own little power base.

Not much more than five years ago BARLA were within a whisker of walking away from the grip of the professional arm of rugby league and go its own way. Many things were in place for this to happen and leagues and clubs were looking to the association for guidance which sadly was not forthcoming as the then chair was more bothered about protecting his own position.

Again BARLA had the chance to regain its' more dynamic self when active board member Stuart Prior made a bid for chairmanship. However as Stuart was "different" someone who aspired to move the association forward, this made him unpopular with some static board members who drew their long knives and threw theirs - and their individual member leagues - support behind the present chair. 

Sadly if you'll excuse the pun, this was a "Taylor Maid" recipe for disaster. What is BARLA  left with now? The association is gripped by RFL rule and although it's reported by the RFL that BARLA is always part of any decision making prossess, the association is never allowed to hold an objective view. I'm afraid that most board members seem to remain for just for their own personal egoistic interests with freebies (RFL Event tickets) thrown to them. Under the present chair's stewardship, BARLA has just spiralled into freefall with the RFL seemingly holding the association's destiny. The lack of positivity from BARLA is glaringly obvious with board members illfitting roles that they uncomfortably hold. It's obvious that there is no BARLA Youth policy, no development, no communication, the International programme is a sad, pale shadow of its former self and there is not much evidence of sponsors wanting to wear the BARLA badge. Sadly all this non-action is given a regular self gratifying pat on the back by a media manager who couldn't manage a ###### during a heavy bout of diarrhoea.

Yes BARLA is in a sad state of affair with a change at the top offering strong, bold, dynamic leadership, the only cure.

Wow Nev, you seem like you know a lot & have been around a long time to know that much history. I no way near that knowledgeable about barla, just what I’ve heard over time. What I can’t believe & maybe you could share is how come Barla have been able to get away with it for so long? Surely, if my understanding is correct the District Leagues are the ones that put people in position on Barla? If so, then why haven’t they got rid of this Taylor woman before now & why has nobody stood against her? I hear everyone complaining about barla & the amateur game but nobody does anything about it. Do you know why Nev? Sorry for all my questions but I do like to know these things in case I’m asked myself. Just all seems a little tad weird to me that no one challenges her. It seems from what you have said they are doing the same thing to this Carl person as what they did to Stuart.

On 08/07/2019 at 13:46, Nintendo64 said:

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

Sorry pal, I've put the wrong quote on to reply to, but an answer to cover most of your questions is that simply not many people outside the inner circles of BARLA are that bothered 

The RFL are obviously  bothered enough to start openly slagging off a challenger to their grip on BARLA.

You see for Sport England funding purposes it's important to create an image of the professional game working hand in hand with its amatuer brethren, whereas in reality there is no partnership between the two organisations whatsoever. And all Sport England funding is paid into RFL coffers which does not filter down to amatuer clubs.

As for the member leagues - District and playing leagues - stepping in to remove the chair, you have to understand that it's a case of who on the board have the support/control of these. It's a case of back scratching and jobs for boys or in one case girls. And in her time as chair, the BARLA membership has diminished significantly by ditching bona fide unfriendly member league by one way or another.

Now it seems that the BARLA chair has not blinked an eyelid as the RFL have (in their own words) claimed "legitimate ownership" of a long standing BARLA member league. It's my understanding that this action has been allowed in order to reverse a league mandate to vote against the chair in the approaching AGM. Maybe the RFL and the BARLA chair should take a quick glance at the BARLA constitution which clearly states, "BARLA and the RFL shall remain separate organisations.

18 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

Sorry pal, I've put the wrong quote on to reply to, but an answer to cover most of your questions is that simply not many people outside the inner circles of BARLA are that bothered 

The RFL are obviously  bothered enough to start openly slagging off a challenger to their grip on BARLA.

You see for Sport England funding purposes it's important to create an image of the professional game working hand in hand with its amatuer brethren, whereas in reality there is no partnership between the two organisations whatsoever. And all Sport England funding is paid into RFL coffers which does not filter down to amatuer clubs.

As for the member leagues - District and playing leagues - stepping in to remove the chair, you have to understand that it's a case of who on the board have the support/control of these. It's a case of back scratching and jobs for boys or in one case girls. And in her time as chair, the BARLA membership has diminished significantly by ditching bona fide unfriendly member league by one way or another.

Now it seems that the BARLA chair has not blinked an eyelid as the RFL have (in their own words) claimed "legitimate ownership" of a long standing BARLA member league. It's my understanding that this action has been allowed in order to reverse a league mandate to vote against the chair in the approaching AGM. Maybe the RFL and the BARLA chair should take a quick glance at the BARLA constitution which clearly states, "BARLA and the RFL shall remain separate organisations.

As you state Roger, It seems that Carl is a legitimate threat to the BARLA Chair, and in fact the rest of the board (with exception to probably one other), and would seem to have a chance of dare I say victory at the AGM, unless it could be proved that he was an unfit person, which is where things seem to have been directed. Maybe the only way to save the vote for the current chair?

The Current board has been put in place to support the chair , and anyone who may have had different views or opinions has removed from the position, just like the District leagues who no longer have votes, or their annual fees have not been paid conveniently, so they are not allowed to vote.

Carl was once one of her trusted allies, but seems to see things differently from when he became Yorkshire Chairman in 2016, a position which was orchestrated by one Sue Taylor.

2 hours ago, Greenfinch said:

As you state Roger, It seems that Carl is a legitimate threat to the BARLA Chair, and in fact the rest of the board (with exception to probably one other), and would seem to have a chance of dare I say victory at the AGM, unless it could be proved that he was an unfit person, which is where things seem to have been directed. Maybe the only way to save the vote for the current chair?

The Current board has been put in place to support the chair , and anyone who may have had different views or opinions has removed from the position, just like the District leagues who no longer have votes, or their annual fees have not been paid conveniently, so they are not allowed to vote.

Carl was once one of her trusted allies, but seems to see things differently from when he became Yorkshire Chairman in 2016, a position which was orchestrated by one Sue Taylor.

We seem to be in a minority of not many my friend, a few who can get around the BARLA board's defences and have I would say a 99% idea of how and why the association has reached its present state.

As for (with the exeption of one) regarding the board members, I am not aware of the full board courtesy of "site under development" on the BARLA website so I'm happy to accept your guidance.

So where do you go from here? Would Carl make a difference should he win the vote, would the present board work with him, would - dare I say it - the RFL accept him under its terms of governance code, many, many questions that can only be aswered if he is successful in his bid for BARLA chair.

I first met Carl head to head on the field around ten years ago and since then through various rugby avenues we frequently came into contact. I have always found him a good opponent who respects both team mates and opposition. He has lots of ideas he would like to impliment but this would be hard to achieve with the board in its current state.

Yes we do need a governing body to oversee the running of the game and rightly or wrongly following the period of the Genisis consultation, BARLA did agree unification with the RFL over a decade ago. This has given the RFL  the right to say, "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine also." How the RFL have handled the running of the amatuer game since then, is very much open to debate.

However in my mind, once again the politics of the game are taking centre stage instead of the game itself and the sooner BARLA begiins to function as it should and the RFL desist in their futile power games, we may all be able to get on with the game.

20 minutes ago, Nev V Dawn said:

We seem to be in a minority of not many my friend, a few who can get around the BARLA board's defences and have I would say a 99% idea of how and why the association has reached its present state.

As for (with the exeption of one) regarding the board members, I am not aware of the full board courtesy of "site under development" on the BARLA website so I'm happy to accept your guidance.

So where do you go from here? Would Carl make a difference should he win the vote, would the present board work with him, would - dare I say it - the RFL accept him under its terms of governance code, many, many questions that can only be aswered if he is successful in his bid for BARLA chair.

I first met Carl head to head on the field around ten years ago and since then through various rugby avenues we frequently came into contact. I have always found him a good opponent who respects both team mates and opposition. He has lots of ideas he would like to impliment but this would be hard to achieve with the board in its current state.

Yes we do need a governing body to oversee the running of the game and rightly or wrongly following the period of the Genisis consultation, BARLA did agree unification with the RFL over a decade ago. This has given the RFL  the right to say, "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine also." How the RFL have handled the running of the amatuer game since then, is very much open to debate.

However in my mind, once again the politics of the game are taking centre stage instead of the game itself and the sooner BARLA and the RFL desist in their futile power games, we may all be able to get on with the game.

Firstly, I cannot see how BARLA can question the credentials of someone who now seeks a position on the Board, they have placed him in a position of high regard ,(Yorkshire County Chair), he has been a district Chairman for several years now, Management of the Pennine League, and this has never been an issue. You would not have an employee who after several years employment looked for promotion so looked to dismiss him/her as they may be a threat. As I see it the BARLA board is somewhat depleted in numbers and has been now for several years, surely new members should be encouraged to come forward. Unfortunately as you are fully aware unless you are selected to join your acceptance is almost impossible, as obstacles will be put in and rules will be suddenly applied.

The board in my opinion would need more than Carl to change things, and would the present chair stay on if defeated? She does seem to have other capacities on the board. As you well know, majority votes have always been the order around the BARLA table, so anyone would have to persuade members to have the courage to speak their own mind and not just vote as expected, or told. I think the present board would work with most people, and most have worked with him for several years now in one way or another, but I think that there would have to be new board members with enthusiasm and commitment to change to really shake things up and make things happen.

If the fully paid up District members at the AGM vote for Carl Morton to be BARLA chair then how can the RFL question this?

On 24/07/2019 at 16:22, Nintendo64 said:

Dessie you actually sound like your from Barla

Never been a member of BARLA 

Are you saying that it’s impossible for them to have the same name???? Or be related????

I said it was possible in my post, please keep up.

What you haven’t commented on is Sue Taylor or the current barla board. They are useless. They don’t have a clue what’s going on in the amateur game. Their so far backwards their actually facing the wrong way. Now I don’t expect a comment on that because I feel you could be a Barla member of some kind.

I have no desire to wade in on BARLA politics, I would rather to try to solve the Israel - Palestininian dispute as that would be much easier

He without sin, cast the 1st stone. Something I believe we should all live by

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974  tries to address this but it does not apply to serious crime.

Since 2012, DBS checking in RL renders it futile.

The point I'm making, also made by Greenfinch, is BARLA were perfectly happy for Morton work his way through the district and county ranks until he got too uppity and applied for the Secretary post. All of a sudden his alleged previous misdemeanours now apply when they should been taken into account much earlier. But only via a whispering campaign.

BARLA in a nutshell. A conniving, manipulative, self-serving organisation that exists for it's officials.    

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

1 hour ago, Greenfinch said:

Firstly, I cannot see how BARLA can question the credentials of someone who now seeks a position on the Board, they have placed him in a position of high regard ,(Yorkshire County Chair), he has been a district Chairman for several years now, Management of the Pennine League, and this has never been an issue. You would not have an employee who after several years employment looked for promotion so looked to dismiss him/her as they may be a threat. As I see it the BARLA board is somewhat depleted in numbers and has been now for several years, surely new members should be encouraged to come forward. Unfortunately as you are fully aware unless you are selected to join your acceptance is almost impossible, as obstacles will be put in and rules will be suddenly applied.

The board in my opinion would need more than Carl to change things, and would the present chair stay on if defeated? She does seem to have other capacities on the board. As you well know, majority votes have always been the order around the BARLA table, so anyone would have to persuade members to have the courage to speak their own mind and not just vote as expected, or told. I think the present board would work with most people, and most have worked with him for several years now in one way or another, but I think that there would have to be new board members with enthusiasm and commitment to change to really shake things up and make things happen.

If the fully paid up District members at the AGM vote for Carl Morton to be BARLA chair then how can the RFL question this?

Great point that you make about the longevity Cart's term in office both as District and County chair and BARLA's wiillingness to work with him without prejudice. I'm led to believe that it's the RFL who have trawled the litigation avenues.

And you ask how the RFL can questio a legitimate BARLA voting proccess, the following transcript sent by a senior RFL employee may help to answer that question.

"Further, the conclusion of that process made it clear that any person sitting at either Community Board or Council would, like all other RFL members, have to be able to satisfy the RFL Fit and Proper Person Test. The rules to which are clearly set out in the RFL Tier 1 – 3 Operational Rules section C. This is set out in the Terms of Reference for the Community Board that are currently being amended in line with all RFL Board Terms of Reference and will be finalised at the RFL Board meeting in August.  It has been made clear to all throughout the process that the decision of who is the Chair of BARLA is one for its members but should a Chair be elected and they subsequently fail to meet the Test then BARLA’s seat within the RFL would not be able to be taken up."

In my mind that is an open and direct threat from the RFL designed to intimidate.

In that event, BARLA may have to decide would they wish to sacrifice their RFL membership to pursue its own sovreignty and governance. At this moment in time BARLA have not been preparing for this scenario so the consequence of leaving the RFL could be grave.

However, would Mrs Taylor choose to remain as a board member if she lost the chair, why? Whst has she got to offer? All well and good if under her, the association had made great strides in development, participation and the good of the amatuer game in general, tbut it would take an investigation of forensic propotion to identify any positive in her favour.

As for the rest of the board, I believe that the Pennine ARL contingent may hang around just to keep any skeletons well and truly in the closet and to be a nuisance value. I don't think that they would welcome any attempt to change.

Certainly new board members must be saught in an attempt to bring enthusiasm and fresh thinking on board and people who are there for the game not themselves.

24 minutes ago, Nev V Dawn said:

Great point that you make about the longevity Cart's term in office both as District and County chair and BARLA's wiillingness to work with him without prejudice. I'm led to believe that it's the RFL who have trawled the litigation avenues.

And you ask how the RFL can questio a legitimate BARLA voting proccess, the following transcript sent by a senior RFL employee may help to answer that question.

"Further, the conclusion of that process made it clear that any person sitting at either Community Board or Council would, like all other RFL members, have to be able to satisfy the RFL Fit and Proper Person Test. The rules to which are clearly set out in the RFL Tier 1 – 3 Operational Rules section C. This is set out in the Terms of Reference for the Community Board that are currently being amended in line with all RFL Board Terms of Reference and will be finalised at the RFL Board meeting in August.  It has been made clear to all throughout the process that the decision of who is the Chair of BARLA is one for its members but should a Chair be elected and they subsequently fail to meet the Test then BARLA’s seat within the RFL would not be able to be taken up."

In my mind that is an open and direct threat from the RFL designed to intimidate.

In that event, BARLA may have to decide would they wish to sacrifice their RFL membership to pursue its own sovreignty and governance. At this moment in time BARLA have not been preparing for this scenario so the consequence of leaving the RFL could be grave.

However, would Mrs Taylor choose to remain as a board member if she lost the chair, why? Whst has she got to offer? All well and good if under her, the association had made great strides in development, participation and the general good of the amatuer game in general, but it would take an investigation of forensic propotion to identify any positive in her favour.

As for the rest of the board, I believe that the Pennine ARL contingent may hang around just to keep any skeletons well and truly in the closet and to be a nuisance value. I don't think that they would welcome any attempt to change.

Certainly new board members must be saught in an attempt to bring enthusiasm and fresh thinking on board and people who are there for the game not themselves.

Then I would ask, what would BARLA loose by not having representation on the RFL board or council? Surely they are trying to influence and are discriminating without prejudice. Would many of our representatives that sit in government and even parliament be fit and Proper people? I think not, again we are just trying the smoke and mirror game, discrediting others to allow change not to happen. Look at the Board what skeletons do they have?

What does BARLA really have? A Three Counties Series that is nothing like it was three years ago, player pool that is ,( not to be disrespectful but) below standard for what was such a great Competition. And that will only get worse as the RFL grow their own Yorkshire/ Lancashire series. Cast your mind back to the Counties of Origin of Series that was meant to be rolled out in 2014/15 under the RFL and BARLA through David Gent, this is what the RFL had in mind back then and is not putting into place now.

A cup competition that again is a shadow of the past, again a second rate competition.

And a winter playing league which drops in numbers year on year, with more and more un for filled fixtures every year.

I still think that there are enough people out there who could make a difference to BARLA, but you would have to get rid of the dead wood first. What must Maurice Oldroyd think to this debacle?

23 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

It would seem that Carl has kicked up a storm so to speak. 

1 hour ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

Never been a member of BARLA 

I said it was possible in my post, please keep up.

I have no desire to wade in on BARLA politics, I would rather to try to solve the Israel - Palestininian dispute as that would be much easier

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974  tries to address this but it does not apply to serious crime.

Since 2012, DBS checking in RL renders it futile.

The point I'm making, also made by Greenfinch, is BARLA were perfectly happy for Morton work his way through the district and county ranks until he got too uppity and applied for the Secretary post. All of a sudden his alleged previous misdemeanours now apply when they should been taken into account much earlier. But only via a whispering campaign.

BARLA in a nutshell. A conniving, manipulative, self-serving organisation that exists for it's officials.    

He's applied for Chair

So am I right in saying that Carl was an  ally Sue Taylor? But now that it seems that he does not agree with her thoughts and actions. Now he has decided to stand up and say what others such as your self are thinking and saying. This Carl must be a threat to more than just Barla it would seem

Then I would ask, what would BARLA loose by not having representation on the RFL board or council? Surely they are trying to influence and are discriminating without prejudice. Would many of our representatives that sit in government and even parliament be fit and Proper people? I think not, again we are just trying the smoke and mirror game, discrediting others to allow change not to happen. Look at the Board what skeletons do they have?

What does BARLA really have? A Three Counties Series that is nothing like it was three years ago, player pool that is ,( not to be disrespectful but) below standard for what was such a great Competition. And that will only get worse as the RFL grow their own Yorkshire/ Lancashire series. Cast your mind back to the Counties of Origin of Series that was meant to be rolled out in 2014/15 under the RFL and BARLA through David Gent, this is what the RFL had in mind back then and is not putting into place now.

A cup competition that again is a shadow of the past, again a second rate competition.

And a winter playing league which drops in numbers year on year, with more and more un for filled fixtures every year.

I still think that there are enough people out there who could make a difference to BARLA, but you would have to get rid of the dead wood first. What must Maurice Oldroyd think to this debacle?

With a simple word - everything. All that BARLA have created, introduced, established over its 40 odd years and have now been claimed by the RFL would be used and turned against BARLA. 

Put into perspective what is BARLA now? I wouldn't go as far and to agree with Mr O'Hare, yes maybe it's the boatd members who in his words are; coniving, manipulative and self serving but the name itself cannot be hung in the same way.

For 30 odd years preceding the Genisis report and unification, BARLA always stood proud on its acheivements. From its very inception to that time, the association strove to serve the amatuer game and served it well. It was only when the RFL chose to covet the work done at West Yorkshire House when the thread began to unravel. And the reason that the RFL needed BARLA or more correctly BARLA Services, was the money that they could attract from Sport England funding.

Yes about all what BARLA consists of now in open age terms is a worn down National Cup competition, the Cumbria County Cup, Yorkshire Cup, (the Lancashire Cup han't been played for over five years, a Three Counties tournament and a clapped out International programme. I think that the Youth equivalents fare some what better suprisingly, considering the visible lack of a BARLA Youth policy. The winter playing leagues are ever decreasing but this proccess was greatly accelerated by the RFL's quest for cash with the introduction of summer rugby.

Sadly I could never see BARLA returning to former glories, but with the right plan in place, implemented with the right people, the association could begin to rebuild.

51 minutes ago, Greenfinch said:

He's applied for Chair

You are correct, I meant chair but was consumed by a fog of current and former BARLA officials tentatively posting on rugby forums without trying to give their official positions away.

On 28/07/2019 at 17:17, Dessie O'Hare said:

You are correct, I meant chair but was consumed by a fog of current and former BARLA officials tentatively posting on rugby forums without trying to give their official positions away.

So the RFL/BARLA don't want Carl to take the post because he has a criminal record and done a bit of time. what about Tony Adams ?

Archived