On 30/07/2019 at 16:35, Marauder said:

So the RFL/BARLA don't want Carl to take the post because he has a criminal record and done a bit of time. what about Tony Adams ?

Surely you can't be accusing the RFL of operating under double standards.

Now don't get me wrong, in my mind Tony Adams has been a great servant to club and country, just because he has erred in time gone by doesn't make him a bad person. Even his little dabble with Caprice shouldn't reflect on his present role. After all, all Caprice did was, "ride the Donkey" for a short while.

But the RFL should be reminded of this when they start lobbing bricks at a potential BARLA game changer.

You never fail until you stop trying

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

Surely you can't be accusing the RFL of operating under double standards.

Now don't get me wrong, in my mind Tony Adams has been a great servant to club and country, just because he has erred in time gone by doesn't make him a bad person. Even his little dabble with Captice shouldn't reflect on his present role. After all, all Caprice did was, "ride the Donkey" for a short while.

But the RFL should be reminded of this when they start lobbing bricks at a potential BARLA game changer.

Unless he hasn't been a constant offender I'm not bothered what he's done (within reason)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 14:24, GB120 said:

New date has been set for 18th August, my understanding is several people are seeking positions. Could be interesting.

Well the waiting is nearly over untill what many may see as the most significant BARLA AGM in recent years. 

And, with the imminent challenge to the leadership, it's looking like, "squeaky bum time"  for both the RFL along with the Pennine ARL contingent of Board members, mindful that their, "Golden Gooseful" of RFL freebies, could be  about to flee the nest.

Already there has been an amount of controversy surrounding proceedings, firstly with the controvertial date set to conflict with Wembley Weekend. In my mind this showed contempt to the hard working volunteers who enjoy their annual pilgrimage to one of the game's showpiece events.

Then there have been an amount of alleged dirty tricks seemingly aimed at one of the contenders for BARLA Chairmanship, with reports saying that they would not be considered, "a fit and proper person" to hold office by the RFL with the apparrent threat of BARLA losing its RFL membership status. And then we have reports of the RFL alledgedly claiming ownership of a BARLA member league and instructing a directive on their vote.

Let's be completely honest about things as for decades the RFL had absolutely no interest in the amatuer game whatsoever. They and most professional clubs, were quite happy to sit back and reap the benefits of the hard working amatuer clubs' conveyor belt which produced players for the professional game. That was however, before the RFL discovered that the key to unlock the Sport England treasure chest, was to control the amatuer game.

The RFL have reportedly said that the current BARLA chair works well with them for the benefit of the game. But I for one have yet to see evidence of this. In the years of stewardship under the present chair, the already dwindling amatuer game has stumbled along with no apparent purpose or structure other than to keep bankrolling the RFL with Sport England funding.

Maybe a change of chair could bring with it; new leadership and guidance for the BARLA members. Could it bring a fresh invigorated approach to development which concentrates on not just the elite but is inclusive to everyone. Could a change refresh a tired, outdated looking association of clubs and leagues. Could it rescue the few competitions within the BARLA remit. Could a change see BARLA regain its own autonomy and restore respect back to the amatuer game?

1 hour ago, johnmatrix said:

Is Barla a limited company?

Is there a vote on 25 August?

BARLA has been registered as a limited company during the present chair's term of office.

The meeting is on Sunday 18th August when a vote will take place.

1 hour ago, johnmatrix said:

Has every member league paid there membership? Have the clubs of the member leagues(checked) to see if they have paid?

BARLA have alledgedly been selective over the past few years in matters concerning member's fees, with that in mind I would think it pertinent for member leagues to have checked on their eligibility to vote at the AGM

8 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

Well the waiting is nearly over untill what many may see as the most significant BARLA AGM in recent years. 

And, with the imminent challenge to the leadership, it's looking like, "squeaky bum time"  for both the RFL along with the Pennine ARL contingent of Board members, mindful that their, "Golden Gooseful" of RFL freebies, could be  about to flee the nest.

Already there has been an amount of controversy surrounding proceedings, firstly with the controvertial date set to conflict with Wembley Weekend. In my mind this showed contempt to the hard working volunteers who enjoy their annual pilgrimage to one of the game's showpiece events.

Then there have been an amount of alleged dirty tricks seemingly aimed at one of the contenders for BARLA Chairmanship, with reports saying that they would not be considered, "a fit and proper person" to hold office by the RFL with the apparrent threat of BARLA losing its RFL membership status. And then we have reports of the RFL alledgedly claiming ownership of a BARLA member league and instructing a directive on their vote.

Let's be completely honest about things as for decades the RFL had absolutely no interest in the amatuer game whatsoever. They and most professional clubs, were quite happy to sit back and reap the benefits of the hard working amatuer clubs' conveyor belt which produced players for the professional game. That was however, before the RFL discovered that the key to unlock the Sport England treasure chest, was to control the amatuer game.

The RFL have reportedly said that the current BARLA chair works well with them for the benefit of the game. But I for one have yet to see evidence of this. In the years of stewardship under the present chair, the already dwindling amatuer game has stumbled along with no apparent purpose or structure other than to keep bankrolling the RFL with Sport England funding.

Maybe a change of chair could bring with it; new leadership and guidance for the BARLA members. Could it bring a fresh invigorated approach to development which concentrates on not just the elite but is inclusive to everyone. Could a change refresh a tired, outdated looking association of clubs and leagues. Could it rescue the few competitions within the BARLA remit. Could a change see BARLA regain its own autonomy and restore respect back to the amatuer game?

I for one hope so.

13 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

Hkw much money does barla have In there accounts? Is it slower grab by the floor to take their money? 

According to Companies House , north of 900k.

That's why the ' due diligence ' test  for major officers may be of importance . The RFL seemingly think so. Should Barla ?

My own league, the NCL,  along with with most playing leagues  were disbarred from voting many years ago....and fixing an AGM for a Bank holiday when the Challenge Cup is on seems poor planning 

4 hours ago, del capo said:

According to Companies House , north of 900k.

That's why the ' due diligence ' test  for major officers may be of importance . The RFL seemingly think so. Should Barla ?

My own league, the NCL,  along with with most playing leagues  were disbarred from voting many years ago....and fixing an AGM for a Bank holiday when the Challenge Cup is on seems poor planning 

It seems to me that the RFL already do the thinking for BARLA.

When egoistic individuals within BARLA were stupidly, throwing their weight about, with the NCL amongst other member leagues being virtually, "kicked out," of the association, BARLA in its own ignorance, was allowing the beginning its own decline.

As for the first scheduled meeting date, I think that there was more than poor planning behind that decision.

Episodes such as this potray the association as more of a fish tank rarther than a think tank. However I still believe that the amatuer game should be administered by an organisation other than the RFL.

On 11/08/2019 at 17:00, johnmatrix said:

Has every member league paid there membership? Have the clubs of the member leagues(checked) to see if they have paid?

Has every member league been sent an invoice so they can pay their fee, I know the Doncaster and district never got an invoice and this resulted in them being kicked out of BARLA even when they tried to pay by cash (Not allowed) new email address given so an invoice could be sent (no invoice sent) Doncaster & District had mandated their secretary to vote for Stuart Prior.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

5 hours ago, neutralfan said:

If Barla have 900k in their account then why are so many teams dropping out of the League.Is there job not to help out these clubs financially as well?

And then they would all live happily ever after I'm sure.

The BARLA constitution reads; to foster and develop, I don't think that would include a financial rescue package.

And with the RFL being the governing body then surely they must be the entity to aid clubs in financial distress, not to write them off as, "collateral damage," as described by David Gent in the summer switch.

However, in my opinion the main factor behind a club/team folding is player shortage and the answer to that problem is...... 

Archived