• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I have seen all the fuss about the date for the AGM, didn't seem the best idea to have it the day after Wembley.

Does anyone know if there are any people standing against Sue Taylor as Chair?

I think any opposition was culled a while back.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

2 hours ago, GB120 said:

New date has been set for 18th August, my understanding is several people are seeking positions. Could be interesting.

1/The PRO needs to be 100% more active,  2/ Communication need to improve big time between clubs, Leagues and Districts..

On 19 June 2019 at 14:24, GB120 said:

New date has been set for 18th August, my understanding is several people are seeking positions. Could be interesting.

Will they be able to gain entrance to the bunker though ?

• 2 weeks later...

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

On 08/07/2019 at 13:46, Nintendo64 said:

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

Roger Fagge did an excellent job IMO at bridging the gaps between districts, league's and team's, I always found him very helpful and he would attend most amateur cup finals.

On 10/07/2019 at 21:13, Marauder said:

Roger Fagge did an excellent job IMO at bridging the gaps between districts, league's and team's, I always found him very helpful and he would attend most amateur cup finals.

Totally agree, I had the pleasure of meeting him at club level. Still speak to him when he’s not busy driving his trucks. From what I heard he was very good as Barla Secretary. Just a pity that the powers that be wanted him out. Clearly saw him as a threat

11 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

Is this the same guy who was did some time in one Her Majesty's 'hotels' a few years ago?

Not sure but if he's done his time and now a free man I haven't a problem with him or anyone else.

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

Not sure but if he's done his time and now a free man I haven't a problem with him or anyone else.

I believe he did. Over 10 years ago. I for one are a believer in “everyone deserves a second chance” From what I hear he has some good ideas and a lot of District leagues like him. Anything is better than what Barla has now and nobody else is putting their hands up to do anything.

On 20/07/2019 at 11:31, Nintendo64 said:

I believe he did. Over 10 years ago. I for one are a believer in “everyone deserves a second chance” From what I hear he has some good ideas and a lot of District leagues like him. Anything is better than what Barla has now and nobody else is putting their hands up to do anything.

Sadly BARLA got rid of a few playing leagues including Doncaster & district.

11 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

BARLA will always get rid of people or district leagues that don’t support them. It’s the way they work. It’s a dictatorship and they will never prosper

Open and transparent is the only, it's a must to think out of the box to bring something new to the table that's attractive to the mass.

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

Open and transparent is the only, it's a must to think out of the box to bring something new to the table that's attractive to the mass.

That’s the only way. But the problem you have is getting everyone else to see the same vision. Barla is so behind that it doesn’t know how to move forward. Trust me when I say, there is something going on at Barla that will shock all the members. There has to be change to see what is really going on. That’s why they don’t want change because then someone will see what’s really been going on.

7 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

That’s the only way. But the problem you have is getting everyone else to see the same vision. Barla is so behind that it doesn’t know how to move forward. Trust me when I say, there is something going on at Barla that will shock all the members. There has to be change to see what is really going on. That’s why they don’t want change because then someone will see what’s really been going on.

My understanding is that the RFL have mandated one of the BARLA leagues to vote in favour of the current Chair instead of supporting Carl Morton, as the said league had voted to do.

If true, then the RFL are interfering in the sovereignty of BARLA.

2 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

If he has and done his time no problem with that, why would he want to hide it ?

I would want to hide it if it was attempted kidnap and possession of a firearm and sentenced to 8 years.

He is claiming that it's his uncle, which is possible.

However, the fact they were both born in the same year and have the same name may prove hard to substantiate.

Anyway, you know all this and you are a bit mischievious to start the topic, answer your own question and then throw some more fuel on the fire. I've seen these Machiavellian - style antics from BARLA pub team types on these forums a few times.......

He's toast.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

4 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

Not sure things are open and transparent, in Phil Hodgson's column it implies that Carl Morton is saying he hasn't been to jail.

If he has and done his time no problem with that, why would he want to hide it ?

I only had a quick look but didn't Phil say he would give him the chance to reply.

2 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

I would want to hide it if it was attempted kidnap and possession of a firearm and sentenced to 8 years.

He is claiming that it's his uncle, which is possible.

However, the fact they were both born in the same year and have the same name may prove hard to substantiate.

Anyway, you know all this and you are a bit mischievious to start the topic, answer your own question and then throw some more fuel on the fire. I've seen these Machiavellian - style antics from BARLA pub team types on these forums a few times.......

He's toast.

If so what are the full facts, you can collar the local burglar, bungle him the boot of your car and be charged with kidnap and be a local hero.

Archived