Total Rugby League Fans Forum

8 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I have seen all the fuss about the date for the AGM, didn't seem the best idea to have it the day after Wembley.

Does anyone know if there are any people standing against Sue Taylor as Chair?

I think any opposition was culled a while back.

• Sad 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

New date has been set for 18th August, my understanding is several people are seeking positions. Could be interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB120 said:

New date has been set for 18th August, my understanding is several people are seeking positions. Could be interesting.

1/The PRO needs to be 100% more active,  2/ Communication need to improve big time between clubs, Leagues and Districts..

On 19 June 2019 at 14:24, GB120 said:

Will they be able to gain entrance to the bunker though ?

• Haha 1

Sadly BARLA is a old and outdated body now.

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

On 08/07/2019 at 13:46, Nintendo64 said:

Barla isn’t what it used to be. It’s definitely time for a change. Anything must be better than what’s there now. Someone who can bridge gaps & bring new ideas. Everything is kept in house & the District leagues don’t get no information from Barla. It’s a sad state of affairs 

Roger Fagge did an excellent job IMO at bridging the gaps between districts, league's and team's, I always found him very helpful and he would attend most amateur cup finals.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2019 at 21:13, Marauder said:

Roger Fagge did an excellent job IMO at bridging the gaps between districts, league's and team's, I always found him very helpful and he would attend most amateur cup finals.

Totally agree, I had the pleasure of meeting him at club level. Still speak to him when he’s not busy driving his trucks. From what I heard he was very good as Barla Secretary. Just a pity that the powers that be wanted him out. Clearly saw him as a threat

11 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

Is this the same guy who was did some time in one Her Majesty's 'hotels' a few years ago?

Not sure but if he's done his time and now a free man I haven't a problem with him or anyone else.

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

Not sure but if he's done his time and now a free man I haven't a problem with him or anyone else.

I believe he did. Over 10 years ago. I for one are a believer in “everyone deserves a second chance” From what I hear he has some good ideas and a lot of District leagues like him. Anything is better than what Barla has now and nobody else is putting their hands up to do anything.

On 20/07/2019 at 11:31, Nintendo64 said:

I believe he did. Over 10 years ago. I for one are a believer in “everyone deserves a second chance” From what I hear he has some good ideas and a lot of District leagues like him. Anything is better than what Barla has now and nobody else is putting their hands up to do anything.

Sadly BARLA got rid of a few playing leagues including Doncaster & district.