Cory Patterson back at Leigh

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I would think Leigh would be refused entry into S.L.next season even if they win the Championship Final if they get there.

Why would you think that?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

A cash rich club that refused to pay Contracts that the club had agreed with the players last season.Who is to say that will not happen again? after all Degsy is not to well thought of is he? I think S.L. has enough problems without looking for more.

Can't see that Leigh actually need him; their pack blew us away last week. However, given a few weeks to get fit, he could be a really powerful influence in the playoffs.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

12 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

A cash rich club that refused to pay Contracts that the club had agreed with the players last season.Who is to say that will not happen again? after all Degsy is not to well thought of is he? I think S.L. has enough problems without looking for more.

name me 1 player whose contract wasnt paid

6 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

You know what a contract should be a two way agreement in as much as:-

"I will pay you 'X' amount in return for you giving your best each and every week" and not just by signing a contract going through the motions and pocketing the money and then have every one who has not witnessed how the player performed championing their cause. I witnessed nearly all of Leigh's game that season and if a lot of those player's had just gone through the motions that would have been improvement to what they served up, some of them were disgraceful. 

So go ahead Fairfolly and pontificate on something you have no substance of whatsoever excepting for making your own mind up, I would back any player if I think they were hard done too, just the same way as I will chastise any player who would try to take the club and ME as a paying spectator on a ride.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know what a contract should be a two way agreement in as much as:-

"I will pay you 'X' amount in return for you giving your best each and every week" and not just by signing a contract going through the motions and pocketing the money and then have every one who has not witnessed how the player performed championing their cause. I witnessed nearly all of Leigh's game that season and if a lot of those player's had just gone through the motions that would have been improvement to what they served up, some of them were disgraceful. 

So go ahead Fairfolly and pontificate on something you have no substance of whatsoever excepting for making your own mind up, I would back any player if I think they were hard done too, just the same way as I will chastise any player who would try to take the club and ME as a paying spectator on a ride.

What you think a contract should be and what a contract actually is are two completely different things. If Leigh gave players cushy contracts that allowed them to play in the manner that you describe, with no repercussions, then that is entirely their fault.

14 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Can't see that Leigh actually need him; their pack blew us away last week. However, given a few weeks to get fit, he could be a really powerful influence in the playoffs.

The best two forwards for me this season and most probably the best two players for Leigh has been Luke Douglas and Toby Adamson, the latter you didn't see last weekend,  I hope that both the 'new' boys in Jordan Thompson and Cory Patterson won't just replace those two, but the strength in depth Leigh are now establishing is very good for us, and should be treated as being very wary for our opponents to come this season.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

What you think a contract should be and what a contract actually is are two completely different things. If Leigh gave players cushy contracts that allowed them to play in the manner that you describe, with no repercussions, then that is entirely their fault.

So what does a club do Damien, discuss with them before the contract us signed that they have to attain so many merit points out of ten each week to obtain their payment, that does not happen, it is not like someone working on a production line who's performance can be readily measured. 

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Dewsbury play in the same colours as us. Could be a case of deja vu.

As a Leigh fan for many more years than I care to remember, last year approaching November with no players and a very meagre budget, my season ticket already ordered I was expecting to be turning up at the LSV watching a combination of Leigh Miners and Leigh East in the Cherry and White striving to avoid relegation, what has happened is nothing short of good management, good coaching and 3000+ turning up each week to support them.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So what does a club do Damien, discuss with them before the contract us signed that they have to attain so many merit points out of ten each week to obtain their payment, that does not happen, it is not like someone working on a production line who's performance can be readily measured. 

You are the one complaining about what happened and trying to justify a club not fulfilling a contract. Maybe part of the problem was paying vastly inflated contracts in the first place to players of dubious attitude to try and get back into Super League.

55 minutes ago, Damien said:

You are the one complaining about what happened and trying to justify a club not fulfilling a contract. Maybe part of the problem was paying vastly inflated contracts in the first place to players of dubious attitude to try and get back into Super League.

I won't disagree with that one bit, and that was Mr Beaumont's biggest mistake in employing Kieron Cunningham, a man who knew the game inside out and could recognise and pinpoint a good player when he saw one also to identify the psychological and physiological aspects of putting those players together into one cohesive unit, something that Mr Cunningham completely and totally failed to do, it was he who advised and brought these player's to the club, Mr Beaumont merely provided the money for him to do so.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

As a Leigh fan for many more years than I care to remember, last year approaching November with no players and a very meagre budget, my season ticket already ordered I was expecting to be turning up at the LSV watching a combination of Leigh Miners and Leigh East in the Cherry and White striving to avoid relegation, what has happened is nothing short of good management, good coaching and 3000+ turning up each week to support them.

I REMEMBER YOUR POSTS AT THE TIME VERY WELL...I recall I almost turned you into an avid  Wolfpack fan and Pro Expansionist, all in one fell swoop.   But you resisted just a little, and then sobered up a bit before we could seal the deal.

Patterson is probably a good signing.....Leigh can field a good team now...lets see how they go when they meet the Pack.

Its almost like Leigh is getting all of their players from the Wolfpack...but we don't bear hard grudges for our B team at all.

Go Wolfpack B's!...GO!

4 hours ago, SL17 said:

I haven’t seen any complaints from players  who left at that point. 

Have you??  

You need to chill pal, as your way off course..

That's nothing to do with what I wrote or the post I replied to. Another quality contribution.

12 hours ago, fairfolly said:

I would think Leigh would be refused entry into S.L.next season even if they win the Championship Final if they get there.

On what grounds would that be.

Not been in administration, and settlements agreed with players that left. 

I don't like how players were treated at the end of last season, but there would be no official grounds to refuse entry, it would just be "we don't like your owner".

Still expect a Toronto vs Toulouse final this year anyway.

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

Maybe these fellas have grudges to bare. Brierley next up. Boy can that lad play for Leigh.

Anyhow good luck with the annual Beach Party game.

I wish all of the ex-Wolfpack players who sign with Leigh all the best in the future....Brierley is still finding his way with the new coach but it Leigh gets him on loan again, thats the way it works.  Wolfpack fans support all of our players, both past and present.

All of the hard feelings between Leigh and the Wolfpack are the fault of Leigh and their fans, certainly not the Wolfpack.  Anyways, the weather does look spectacular for the upcoming Beach Party game and we are expecting a good crowd (yet once again)..its being televised on Sky again, I know you won't want to miss it.

Just now, SL17 said:

TWP won’t be loaning Brierley to Leigh again. Big Mac now understands the possible consequences of doing so.

As for Sky, I hope your club got some discount for being on the Red Button last week.

Now you have done it!....talk like that means only one thing and you know it!...you give us no choice but to run the score up on ya during the next meeting!....remember, when it happens, that you asked for it!

47 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You stated a club not fulfilling the players contracts.

Again way off course.

School must have finished. Try reading a book then your reading and comprehension skills may improve sufficiently to join the grown ups.

Archived