Leigh (H)

Wakefield Ram

Leigh look like they are starting to pick up some form. We might pull off a famous win or get well beaten. Barrow are unlikely to win at Featherstone but Swinton could easily beat York, which pretty much would make it a straight scrap between us and Barrow for relegation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Leigh look like they are starting to pick up some form. We might pull off a famous win or get well beaten. Barrow are unlikely to win at Featherstone but Swinton could easily beat York, which pretty much would make it a straight scrap between us and Barrow for relegation.

just hope we play the Dewsbury lads and not any more loanees...

5 hours ago, NickD said:

just hope we play the Dewsbury lads and not any more loanees...

When you say "Dewsbury lads", do you mean lads from Dewsbury or lads of Dewsbury RLFC?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

When you say "Dewsbury lads", do you mean lads from Dewsbury or lads of Dewsbury RLFC?

You choose BSJ..I don't mind either way...

On 20/06/2019 at 03:25, Blind side johnny said:

Does Chris Annakin count as either of the above?

I reckon all the players apart from Dale Morton (personal reasons) will be back,so with Cameron Leeming leaving the club this week I think Owen Trout will be in the centres.

I saw other day that York have signed Cameron Scott on loan from Hull,I liked the look of that lad when he played the odd game for us.

Seems Leigh have managed to hit a rich seam of form, whereas we are not even able to execute a handling set successfully. Yet another defeat is on the cards. 

Dewsbury 12-42 Leigh

FTS: Trout

MoM: Day

Att: 1296

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Here’s today’s Squad taken from the Club’s Twitter feed:

ANNAKIN DAY FINN GABRIEL GARRATT HOOLEY IGBINEDION KNOWLES MARTIN MORRIS RICHARDSON RYDER SHERIFFE SYKES O TROUT K TROUT WALSHAW WARD WORRINCY

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Leigh looked very good but it looks like they are spending a bit again. At least they turned up with more than 13 players unlike last season. Probably the best team after Toronto. We need to be better on 6th tackle, more accurate with the passing and we need a proper centre. No criticism of Owen Trout but he looks more second rower than a natural centre. Unfortunately, looks like Barrow are hitting form making us favourites for relegation. Apart from Rochdale away, hard to see where another win will come from. Let's hope the rumoured re structure happens and we stay up.

50 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Leigh looked very good but it looks like they are spending a bit again. At least they turned up with more than 13 players unlike last season. Probably the best team after Toronto. We need to be better on 6th tackle, more accurate with the passing and we need a proper centre. No criticism of Owen Trout but he looks more second rower than a natural centre. Unfortunately, looks like Barrow are hitting form making us favourites for relegation. Apart from Rochdale away, hard to see where another win will come from. Let's hope the rumoured re structure happens and we stay up.

Owen Trout isnt a center in a million years, cant believe you's are playing him there, his best position is left edge second row. 

58 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Leigh looked very good but it looks like they are spending a bit again.   Probably the best team after Toronto. 

Disagree.  Leigh looked ordinary at times and that was what was disappointing about today..  Halifax in the cup and Toulouse in the league looked much sharper to me..

54 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Leigh are good but I don't think they got into top gear today and still blew us away. Just a solid performance doing the basics right. We need to be better on every tackle not just the 6th. Nearly every area of our game needs drastic improvement. We don't try to play the ball quick. No forwards running onto a ball. Probably the only team I know where our dummy runners are unseen. Pass the ball without looking. Run towards the touch line on first tackles. I could go on. We never look like scoring a decent try. Our only chance seems to be burrowing over from 2 feet. Sorry to be so negative but that's just the way it is

20 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Owen Trout isnt a center in a million years, cant believe you's are playing him there, his best position is left edge second row. 

You betcha, but we let our centre go to oldham so we are down to just 12 second rowers to fill the spot.  Absolutely shocking that we are playing a loanee  second rower there and have let Leeming go...  

Fancy diskin?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, youngun said:

Leigh are good but I don't think they got into top gear today and still blew us away. Just a solid performance doing the basics right. We need to be better on every tackle not just the 6th. Nearly every area of our game needs drastic improvement. We don't try to play the ball quick. No forwards running onto a ball. Probably the only team I know where our dummy runners are unseen. Pass the ball without looking. Run towards the touch line on first tackles. I could go on. We never look like scoring a decent try. Our only chance seems to be burrowing over from 2 feet. Sorry to be so negative but that's just the way it is

Neil Kelly on commentary for GMR  gave the same analysis.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Archived