Leigh (H)

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were just awful. There’s absolutely no flair; no player runs on to the ball and too many passes are thrown to the ground. We like to run to where there is a bunch of defenders, not to an open space and when defending, on too many occasions, we cannot cover the ball.

It was cruel for us at times, Joe Martin collected a high ball and promptly lost it in the tackle; they scored. What looked like a clout from one Leigh player with another pulling the ball free also resulted in a touchdown. Two Dewsbury teammates banged heads diving for a loose ball; Leigh player Forsyth picked up the ball and touched down by reaching over the two injured players  

We weren’t good enough, but I must ask what you made of the referee and some of his decisions. A Dewsbury player trying to get to his feet after a tackle slipped to the ground after being knocked by a defender and the referee gave a knock-on; there was none. Another incident, straight across from me on the half way line saw Worrincy clipped around the head and tackled and in front of the touch judge who saw nothing.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

7 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

We were just awful. There’s absolutely no flair; no player runs on to the ball and too many passes are thrown to the ground. We like to run to where there is a bunch of defenders, not to an open space and when defending, on too many occasions, we cannot cover the ball.

It was cruel for us at times, Joe Martin collected a high ball and promptly lost it in the tackle; they scored. What looked like a clout from one Leigh player with another pulling the ball free also resulted in a touchdown. Worrincy and a teammate banged heads diving for a loose ball; Leigh player picked up the ball and touched down by reaching over the two injured players  

We weren’t good enough, but I must ask what you made of the referee and some of his decisions. 

Any stand out players?

43 minutes ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Neil Kelly on commentary for GMR  gave the same analysis.

Its really easy to sort the problems when its not your job!!  Kelly should shut his mouth .. he is partly responsible for the mess we are in!!!!  ......

I also worry about the motivation of our squad ... I really think we have a stronger team than last season .. but for some reason they are inconsistent and are fragile in confidence! ..... who's job is that!! 

However my point is emotionally motivated and also from a wider perspective .. I have supported my team since 1964 ....... we have had bad times .. OK times and the odd great time!!  .. the problem is now we are having a bad time when the game is also having a bad time!!  .. this is not good for sustainability ... Swintons directors have a strategy .... this year their plan is to  ensure no relegation... they have recruited smartly recently ... and then to build a plan for the future from a Championship base in readiness for what might happen when  Sky ditch the Championship!! .... We have to be in the Championship next year!! .... I see absolutely  no strategy from our board  ( incidentally who are our board? )  ..From my perspective I have never been so dispondant and disillusioned with my club and rugby league in general.... its a ticking bomb!! ... what's the plan when Sky ditch the championship?? 

I really want there to be a Dewsbury but am very concerned with the complete lack of a strategic plan we are just aimlessly drifting to extinction!!  ...... might Wakefield trinity ultimately be a trinity of Wakey us and the dogs??  

What we are seeing at the minute is clueless, impotent,amateurish DROSS !!! ......... Today's squad is just about as good as we've got and should be producing so much better than what we saw today.......... I'm not saying we could or should have won, but for a team with so many experienced players I find it incredible that we continue to tick every box on the stupid list.......... I was buying in to the Greenwood philosophy, but as we go a step further back with every game I am a long way now from being convinced that we have  the right coaching set up in place .......  

18 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Its really easy to sort the problems when its not your job!!  Kelly should shut his mouth .. he is partly responsible for the mess we are in!!!!  ......

I also worry about the motivation of our squad ... I really think we have a stronger team than last season .. but for some reason they are inconsistent and are fragile in confidence! ..... who's job is that!! 

However my point is emotionally motivated and also from a wider perspective .. I have supported my team since 1964 ....... we have had bad times .. OK times and the odd great time!!  .. the problem is now we are having a bad time when the game is also having a bad time!!  .. this is not good for sustainability ... Swintons directors have a strategy .... this year their plan is to  ensure no relegation... they have recruited smartly recently ... and then to build a plan for the future from a Championship base in readiness for what might happen when  Sky ditch the Championship!! .... We have to be in the Championship next year!! .... I see absolutely  no strategy from our board  ( incidentally who are our board? )  ..From my perspective I have never been so dispondant and disillusioned with my club and rugby league in general.... its a ticking bomb!! ... what's the plan when Sky ditch the championship?? 

I really want there to be a Dewsbury but am very concerned with the complete lack of a strategic plan we are just aimlessly drifting to extinction!!  ...... might Wakefield trinity ultimately be a trinity of Wakey us and the dogs??  

I don't know what our strategy is, but I would suggest that we are better placed than most to be around for some time yet..... We, at least, own our own ground (along with just Batley, Barrow & Fev in the Championship), have facilities that provide an income stream (plastic pitches, function suite etc) AND a chairman who won't spend beyond means chasing a dream that, more often than not, puts a club in greater strife (e.g. Leigh, Bradford).......... At some point the likes of Sheffield, who 'find' money from God knows where, will find the going really tough..... I don't understand the funding criteria but I remain baffled how, such as, our South Yorkshire opponents can find monies to attract players of a good calibre, where we struggle to put a competitive team on the park, and they challenge more often for the upper echelons where we live season to season with the aim of avoiding relegation........  The game is on its backside and the clock is undoubtedly ticking for a lot of clubs........let's hope we're one of the survivors.   

Is Ryder signed on for 2020?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, muddyfunster said:

Ryder was my MoM on Sunday. I doubt very much that we will retain him especially if we drop down, I'd like to be wrong.

Can’t  see him leaving.  He’s having such fun ??

Anyway he should be in line for some winning pay next year.  Surely even we can beat Crusaders at home!

On 23/06/2019 at 17:47, the old nine ole said:

Good summary TONO, even though I was absent.

NK offering his opinion is frankly insulting - he did absolutely nothing for the club other than to leave us in a worse position than when he came. In 2001 he ripped the heart out of us simply to pursue his own inflated ambitions, which fell completely flat when his skills were put to the test. Let's not build him up to have Benn something that he wasn't - I could have got success from that team after GM was given the boot.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Good summary TONO, even though I was absent.

NK offering his opinion is frankly insulting - he did absolutely nothing for the club other than to leave us in a worse position than when he came. In 2001 he ripped the heart out of us simply to pursue his own inflated ambitions, which fell completely flat when his skills were put to the test. Let's not build him up to have Benn something that he wasn't - I could have got success from that team after GM was given the boot.

As I understand BSJ, NK was on GM radio as part of the commentary team. Also as far I understand his analysis was spot on and honest. Just because a coach leaves a club and we don't particularly like it doesn't stop him from giving his opinion of a match as he sees it.  On the other point surely his skills were put to the test when he reached two grand finals in a row, one of which we won and on the verge of SL. If you refer to stripping the club of players when he went to Widnes, which coach doesn't?  

On 26/06/2019 at 09:02, youngun said:

As I understand BSJ, NK was on GM radio as part of the commentary team. Also as far I understand his analysis was spot on and honest. Just because a coach leaves a club and we don't particularly like it doesn't stop him from giving his opinion of a match as he sees it.  On the other point surely his skills were put to the test when he reached two grand finals in a row, one of which we won and on the verge of SL. If you refer to stripping the club of players when he went to Widnes, which coach doesn't?  

If you regard bankrupting a club in order to achieve success on the field as successful then we clearly have fundamentally different philosophies.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 28/06/2019 at 18:32, Blind side johnny said:

If you regard bankrupting a club in order to achieve success on the field as successful then we clearly have fundamentally different philosophies.

I didn't realise it was NK spending the money. I thought he was the coach. So when we get relegated this season it's all down to LG then? 

2 hours ago, youngun said:

I didn't realise it was NK spending the money. I thought he was the coach. So when we get relegated this season it's all down to LG then? 

It will be down to Lee Greenwood & the coaching staff & the players...the supporters are blameless if we go down

But as a collective we'll all hurt

4 hours ago, youngun said:

Your lack of knowledge of what went on is dismaying, particularly if it is shared by everyone else.

Archived