Travel Advice Toronto Wanted

The subway is good and cheap for getting around, it even goes out to the airport with a connecting shuttle bus. 

Costs are similar to visiting London. For 5 days I’d want to have £1000 available but expect to come home with plenty of change.

Obviously you could spend significantly more or significantly less than that.

1 hour ago, bentleyman said:

Looking fwd to my visit to Toronto 1st Week in July going on a Thurs coming  back on Monday Any advice as to getting around & roughly amount of $ needed would be appreciated

You might be better off asking this on the TWP forum mate.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, bentleyman said:

Looking fwd to my visit to Toronto 1st Week in July going on a Thurs coming  back on Monday Any advice as to getting around & roughly amount of $ needed would be appreciated

Really easy to use the streetcars (I'd say trams to you and me Mick, but you probably remember trolly buses ?) for getting around. Taxis were pretty reasonable as well and pretty quick from the airport to downtown.

To give you a ballpark figure, we were there for 7 nights at the same time of year last year for the Leigh game and spent about £750 and that included a few beers every day (some more than others...!), eating every meal in a restaurant (again, some more expensive than others), a couple of Blue Jays games, a TFC game and a day at Niagara Falls.

Beer prices seemed to vary from anything between $6 and $14 but with the ridiculous level of humidity we tended to drink vodka and Sprite which was generally $7 to $9 wherever we went so a bargain in comparison. Beers at the game were $10 a can and you don't even need to move from your seat as there are staff walking round selling cold cans. 

An experience I'd recommend to anyone, have a good 'un pal.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Fair enough but the Canucks will know where to go, public transport etc.

Non-Canuck but see above ?

Shame your trip doesn't (quite) coincide with Canada Day, we had a great night following the crowds down to Woodbine Park

6 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Give David Argyle a call. He knows the area well and has unexpectedly found himself at a loose end most weekends during the season.

Oh Ye of little faith.

There is an event calendar on official Toronto website:

https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/festivals-events/festivals-events-calendar/?start=2019-07-01T04%3A00%3A00.000Z&end=2019-07-02T03%3A59%3A59.999Z&search=&categories=&themes=&free=false&accessible=false&ongoing=false&view=fecList&id=&oindex=

Couple good ones:

image.png.63532a4f93252402b01c00727cfbac65.png

image.png.638832b2e8687858382a692f91111122.png

image.png.96a20666ad2f0321605d2a0ac97e0e93.png

image.png.b61b69d3ae6cdfcdb75159fc075a3514.png

image.png.45bd2979cc8895415ba44ad03c886244.png

image.png.b7c66cb5a593d0968ff30dcb7441fca5.png

Loads more on the website.

Enjoy your stay and see you at the Lamport!

Archived