Players signed for 2020.

spanishknight

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/06/2019 at 17:09, spanishknight said:

Player signed on for 2020 season are, Jack Teanby,  Jason Bass,   Connor Robinson, Mat Chilton, Sam Scott,  Joe Porter,  Kriss Brining, Danny Washbrook  Chris Clarkson, James Green, Matty Marsh, Perry Whiteley, Ben Johnson and Ash Robson who has signed for the 2021 season.

Good signing but we need someone to partner Conner who has come on leaps and bounds under Fordy , the loss of Benny took some sting out of our attack and Harris did not come up to the plate , his kicking and all round ability was not up to scratch for where we want to go , rumour of a half back from another champ side I hope is just gossip , hence my 'joke' post about Myler. We came up and most champ sides thought we would be easy pickings , Conner's kicks in quite a few games made the difference , next season we will not be taken so lightly and need to sign a good half back to get us round the park.

All the bits are in place IMO , apart from half back.

2 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Good signing but we need someone to partner Conner who has come on leaps and bounds under Fordy , the loss of Benny took some sting out of our attack and Harris did not come up to the plate , his kicking and all round ability was not up to scratch for where we want to go , rumour of a half back from another champ side I hope is just gossip , hence my 'joke' post about Myler. We came up and most champ sides thought we would be easy pickings , Conner's kicks in quite a few games made the difference , next season we will not be taken so lightly and need to sign a good half back to get us round the park.

Its early days yet, this season is not even over just because the club have not announced players does not mean they havent signed them, last year the club dripped fed us players.

44 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Liam Harris is still very young , but I agree he,s  got a lot to learn very quickly if He's to realize his potential.

I see where you are coming from sk and we know budget is tight but the rumoured signing for half back does not fill me with optimism. We have stunned the pundits and opposition over the last 2 seasons but the champ is now wary of us and we have to step up again to remain top end , a class half back would do us well.

18 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

I see where you are coming from sk and we know budget is tight but the rumoured signing for half back does not fill me with optimism. We have stunned the pundits and opposition over the last 2 seasons but the champ is now wary of us and we have to step up again to remain top end , a class half back would do us well.

In fordy we trust

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Matty Marsh is an halfback, Fordy prefers to play him at F.B.

At the Harrogate Knights event he also said he prefers fullback.

Id like to see us sign an experienced half, a Scott Murrel type player but like others have said not easy to find.

Archived