Super League USA tv coverage

I've been told by tech support that there will be no non-soccer related content on Fox Soccer Match Pass for the foreseeable future and Steve Mascord has tweeted something similar.

I've emailed Fox Soccer Match Pass to express my disappointment at coverage disappearing in the middle of a season with no warning and asking for a refund on the remainder of my annual subscription.

I can switch to WatchNRL but I'm more interested in Super League than the NRL.

Yep, really disappointed with the complete lack of warning for this change and there's no explanation why.

Just as a comparison in the US

The Premier League - free to air matches nationwide on NBC and a $50 per season pass that gets you access to every match live and after the event
English Premiership Rugby Union - free to air matches nationwide on NBC and a $50 per season pass that gets you access to matches live and after the event

We're missing a trick by not having Super League on TV in the States.

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, eal said:

Anyone know if SL will have a USA tv provider this season?

live. rugby-league.com

Official SL stream outside the UK. 

18 pound a month 

100 pound for the season. 

Cast it to your TV. 

BUT my subscription has not been upgraded for this season. 

Is this streaming service to be continued or has it been scrapped? 

Anyone know??? 

10 hours ago, yanto said:

live. rugby-league.com

Official SL stream outside the UK. 

18 pound a month 

100 pound for the season. 

Cast it to your TV. 

BUT my subscription has not been upgraded for this season. 

Is this streaming service to be continued or has it been scrapped? 

Anyone know??? 

I click on subscribe and get the following message: "Sorry , there are currently no subscription packages available within your country."

I guess I have to hope that Fox Soccer Plus comes through?!

Might have something to do with twp. Sky might be (rightfully) trying to capitalise on NA TV revenue   I think someone will pick it up, soccer plus hopefully comes through (fox is technically a sister company to sky anyways!)

As I see it the only legal option for watching live Super League in the US is Fox Soccer Plus. The problem is that this is a channel that has to be bundled with cable or a cable replacement (e.g. YouTube TV).

For a cord cutter like me that means a minimum of $61 per month vs $149 per year for WatchNRL.

There were some standalone methods to watch Fox Soccer Plus but I think the last of them, PlayStation Vue ends on Jan 30th. Would love someone to correct me.

Guess I'll be watching Live NRL and YouTubing Super League highlights.

8 hours ago, eal said:

I click on subscribe and get the following message: "Sorry , there are currently no subscription packages available within your country."

I anticipate you are in a country like Australia that has a broadcast partnership

16 hours ago, eal said:

My subscription has still not been updated.  ?

It seems maybe that NA IS getting coverage of SL, then Watch RL would be Geo blocked. 

What's going on with me in Europe is anyone's guess. 

Email reply says  "some one will get in touch shortly." I hope it's before Thursday ?

11 minutes ago, yanto said:

My subscription has still not been updated.  ?

It seems maybe that NA IS getting coverage of SL, then Watch RL would be Geo blocked. 

What's going on with me in Europe is anyone's guess. 

Email reply says  "some one will get in touch shortly." I hope it's before Thursday ?

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/348522-sl-international-streaming-platform/

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, eal said:

I am wondering if anyone has any broadcast info for Super League in the USA? I fear there is still nobody carrying the games.

Fox Soccer Plus is listed as the rights holder on wiki. I've just done a very brief check of their schedule and rugby league is listed this weekend. Not sure of any details beyond that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/fox-soccer-plus/7538/2020-08-01 

That page mentions a match involving Toronto, so either their fixture list is out of date or something else is wrong.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/fox-soccer-plus/7538/2020-08-01 

That page mentions a match involving Toronto, so either their fixture list is out of date or something else is wrong.

Those were fixtures from the opening round back at the beginning of February. Cas v Toronto and Leeds v Hull was the double header at Headingley. That schedule is out of date.

Archived