Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Leeds are my bet to go down

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

14 team super league

It certainly wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

It certainly wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

If toronto can pay their own way just let them in.  No need to relegate anyone.

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans
  • Like 1

I really think there is a chance it is going to happen...especially if Toulouse and Toronto are in the final.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I spent most of last year trying to express to you that very point....no one is getting demoted or forced out by anybody....a rising tide lifts all kayaks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I really think there is a chance it is going to happen...especially if Toulouse and Toronto are in the final.

Hopefully, it would be a great outcome for the game.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

After tonight's relegation battle between London and KR I would be very worried if I was a Leeds fan 

We could well go down, but unbelievably I think there are 7 clubs that could still be relegated this year, even Salford in 6th place aren’t safe yet. 

I’m expecting Leeds to sign a half back in the next week, who needs to come in and be our saviour. Failing that Kevin Sinfield has better lace up the boots and get back out on the field.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We could well go down, but unbelievably I think there are 7 clubs that could still be relegated this year, even Salford in 6th place aren’t safe yet. 

I’m expecting Leeds to sign a half back in the next week, who needs to come in and be our saviour. Failing that Kevin Sinfield has better lace up the boots and get back out on the field.

It wont be Hastings..

I don't think it'll be leeds IF relegation is still a thing, at the moment I think it's between Wakey and HKR, my only real sad point for me is that it's not Wigan.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

NO!  They need to be there on merit alone . Same as anyone else. The league will look like a joke if P & R is not done correctly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

NO!  They need to be there on merit alone . Same as anyone else. The league will look like a joke if P & R is not done correctly

What are you arguing? Toronto winning the league won't be 'on merit'?

• Confused 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If Leeds finish 12th, they will go down in my view.

I wouldn't then rule out an expansion to 14 for 2021. That would ringfence Toronto and London for a year and as close as you can, guarantees an immediate Leeds return.

• Like 3

I want a fair up and down , Not an expansion of the top league to benefit teams who have not warranted a position in SL. If it is not the wolfpack to go up as they failed in the play offs so be it. Let the team who wins go up but there needs to be relegation for the integrity of the sport 

• Like 4

London are looking good to stay up I think and Toronto are pretty much nailed on for promotion so just think, this little niche Northern sport will have teams in London, Perpignan and Toronto in the top division. Last time I checked those places weren't in the North of England. 

(yay! 1,000 posts, 1 year and 1 day after I signed up!) 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

London are looking good to stay up I think and Toronto are pretty much nailed on for promotion so just think, this little niche Northern sport will have teams in London, Perpignan and Toronto in the top division. Last time I checked those places weren't in the North of England. 

(yay! 1,000 posts, 1 year and 1 day after I signed up!) 

Based on what? They failed at the business end last season. Is one already counting his chickens.

26 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

RL has a long history of changing the rules to suit the situation they require 😎

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clogiron said:

RL has a long history of changing the rules to suit the situation they require 😎

So we all agree, the rules will change if Leeds are relegated, as for any other club tuff sxxx.

• Like 1

I think it'll come down to whoever can hold their nerve the most. London have momentum at the moment but it can turn quickly. Hull KR looked nervous in that second half when they were being put under pressure and forced to work the ball out off their own line (excellent game management from the Broncos btw). I still think the Tony Smith factor might be enough to keep them safe.

Leeds will probably just be looking for a decent performance from tomorrow night without expecting a result. They still have some decent players but are rudderless. If they take a real beating then their next fixtures against Catalans, Cas, Hull KR and Hull FC are looking quite nasty.

Two fixtures at the end of the season stand out... 1st September - London v Leeds and 8th September - Hull KR v London. Could be a brutal end to the season.

• Thanks 1

KR are bottom currently and look favourites to slip out of SL, shame as I have a season pass there!

teams need to be there on merit. 1500 at London was poor tonight but they are up there and not bottom on merit 

Well if the top 2 Championship teams are promoted into the new 14 team SL ...is that not being promoted due to merit?....of course it is.

1 hour ago, Canis Lupus said:

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

If Leeds finish 12th, they will go down in my view.

I wouldn't then rule out an expansion to 14 for 2021. That would ringfence Toronto and London for a year and as close as you can, guarantees an immediate Leeds return.

Sounds like a sensible option.