SCORE PREDICTIONS V OLDHAM

BlueVintheblood

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was shocking, so many underperformed today, fieldhouse, Doran, hopkins, Wellington, maudling, all bloody awful. Who keeps picking doran as man of the match????? Just don’t get it 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 minute ago, wonky said:

Well that was shocking, so many underperformed today, fieldhouse, Doran, hopkins, Wellington, maudling, all bloody awful. Who keeps picking doran as man of the match????? Just don’t get it 

It baffles me also, also why put Marwood on when the games virtually over?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Forber and Tickle a huge miss but we played brainless rugby, why we didn't we get penky back to hooker is beyond me. Very disappointing, our season could be over unless we win at Newcastle next week and N Wales the week after. A big ask. 

Hugely disappointing is an understatement. In front of a healthy crowd to. So many poor performances today. Oldham were better in every department and fully deserved the win even considering the shocking officiating. They cut us to pieces around the ruck in the 1st half especially.

Was that Sam Hopkins or a scarecrow playing today. So lazy its unbelievable! Shows how much we miss forber and tickle for their experience and organisation. Penky looked sharp for the 1st 10 minutes then had probably his worst game in a town shirt. Doran missed a few costly tackles through lazy defending. He really does need to shift some timber!

Why didn't we take 2 points to square the game up at 12-12 on 3 occasions. In front of the sticks!?

Only ones I thought could hold their head high were Tyler and pez. 

I think we can expect fui to be banned after that at the final whistle to.

Yeah that was terrible today, very in disciplined performance, yes the ref was very poor but we gave him that opportunity, poor first tackle plays and wrong options taken all the time. Shows how much we missed Forber and Tickle today, Penky is not a half back.

Well , sorry but I thought that was bloody rubbish . We started off like St Helens and I thought we were really on , and then it was just a catalogue of total self destruction. We signed all this experience to manage games yet watching that you’d think we didn’t have a collective functioning brain cell . I’d say I can’t believe it but unfortunately you can . What were we doing ? We attack like we’re 18 down with 5 minutes left . Total panic , hundred mile an hour , plays which aren’t on , zero composure , zero patience . Endless stupid mistakes . Our passing is rubbish .And to cap it all Fieldhouse gets THE chance off six more and flings it five metres forward ... to no one there anyway . 

They weren’t that great but we’re still vastly superior . Played cleaner , good basics and very smart . Keep us pinned knowing we’ve got nothing but grunt to get out . It was so ponderous in comparison to them . They split us over n over with real pace and zest . They knew Langtree is the man but the bloke had spiders on him we couldn’t lay a glove on him . They bombed about 20 points to . Very very disappointing and very very poor . We look way off on that effort. Our basics just kill us far too often . Coaches come n go but we churn out the same fundamental errors 

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

Oldham simply did the basics. Our completion was shocking theres was  very good. Why O why did fieldhouse throw that crazy pass on 1st play when we were in their 20 and only trailing by 4pts?

Worse for me was Hopkins dicking about on there line instead of just playing the ball, then dropping it. That's unbelievable. 

Oldham were smarter, we needed to play simple, grind them down, and not force it.

Thought Mellor and Singleton were our best, moi moi done OK n all, at the end he seemed to land a few punches but the Oldham lad did start it, no DR available or thorman not keen? 

Very poor display from Town today,Young Mellor was outstanding and showed the forwards how to tackle.I wouldn't have chosen Doran has MOM,but maybe it was his family picking him,Our experienced players just showed their level today and i am afraid Hopkins needs to be replaced,absolute rubbish form Sam.I do not expect us to win at Newcastle, or, beat NSWales either,for me our season is over and we need to start now on building a squad for next year with a new coach....

We get some absolutely pathetic officials at this level as well . That guy just blew over n over with total inconsistency half the time , and the touchies are just as clueless . Perry smashes a guy dislodging the ball and the burk gives them a scrum. Still rubbish but boy the officials are the pits 

Frustrating..........against Coventry we fielded our strongest Team for a while bar Cain Barnes and Elliott . Roll on another week when we need the win Forber , Tickle , and Olstrum out and Effectively a 2 man bench as the Coach wasn`t prepared to give Walsh and Marwood any game time .First 30 mins was a penalty fest , mostly to Oldhams benefit , although we scored 2 excellent tries in that time too . Next 50 mins we proved we could be every bit as bad as the ref was in the first 30 . No composure , poor distribution , a complete refusal to play a set of six out , yet again a refusal to take 5 pens infront of the sticks and playing panic rugby . Too many players today unfortunately picked today to have their worst games of the season .When Oldham broke the line Fieldhouse didn`t manage to tackle the player in possession once and right at the end made a great break then threw a wild pass out .He was just one player who didn`t function today , but why Hopkins was allowed to stay on the field for so long was baffling , he was out on his feet shortly after half time . I felt sorry for the 2 lads on the bench who were just thrown on for 5 mins each at the end , i know we only had 2 forwards on the bench but i feel we should have managed the subs better .

22 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Never seen so many wrong options taken in attacking positions. Clueless

Fieldhouse had a shocker in attack and defence

Thorman too isnt blameless - 10 down with 20 to go and nothing working was surely the time to try Marwood.?

We were flat without forber he said that himself so why not had a bit of spark with Marwood totally baffling ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived