SCORE PREDICTIONS V OLDHAM

BlueVintheblood

Moimoi had a dig today. Probably his best game for a while. Especially in his 1st stint (of probably 4 or 5). The defence around the ruck needs addressed pretty quick. Its obvious to see we dont have alot of pace and have old legs across the park. Coventry exposed this to a degree last week. Oldham just done it better today.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was always going to be hard with 2 props on the bench but some displays today weren’t far from shocking. The coach has improved the defence out wide but they ripped us apart around the ruck. In fairness defending about 7 sets on our own line from poor referee decisions does take it out of you. We didn’t seem the same team after that onslaught of attack. But as always UTT. We go onto next week.

Because of the plethora of pens awarded to Oldham first half , and our total dis-respect for playing our sets out , we probably had a completion rate of 20-30% in the first 40mins , which meant we spent at least 70% of the time tackling , thats why we were dead on our feet late on , but i still ask the question , no matter who is Coach , we still turn down penalties at goal , let`s face it we had 5 pens in front of the posts in their 20metre area , and ran them all .

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Because of the plethora of pens awarded to Oldham first half , and our total dis-respect for playing our sets out , we probably had a completion rate of 20-30% in the first 40mins , which meant we spent at least 70% of the time tackling , thats why we were dead on our feet late on , but i still ask the question , no matter who is Coach , we still turn down penalties at goal , let`s face it we had 5 pens in front of the posts in their 20metre area , and ran them all .

Exactly. In what we thought was going to be a very tight game. Youd think we would take the points on offer everytime. All from very kickable places

22 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

I was saying exactly the same thing  about taking the easy 2pts on offer and especially as every time we got good field position and ran it we turned the ball over on 2nd or 3rd play.

9 minutes ago, town4me said:

I was saying exaxtly the same thing  about taking the easy 2pts on offer and especially as every time we got good field position amd ran it we turned the ball over on 2nd or 3rd play.

Exactly . You just knew we’d drop it which we invariably did . Two kicks is a try . Again it’s game management . I thought Fui was strong today , and when you’re so close to the action geez it looks brutal standing in his way !

Thought mom was moi moi today.

We got let our in discipline in defence eventually get into our offence and it was awful to see.

Hopkins is surly not the same guy who we got for that one game from Wigan a few years ago he just seems disinterested.

Penky isn't a half back anymore and it showed.

As for young marwood I think thorman protected him today  against an aggressive team 

11 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Thought mom was moi moi today.

We got let our in discipline in defence eventually get into our offence and it was awful to see.

Hopkins is surly not the same guy who we got for that one game from Wigan a few years ago he just seems disinterested.

Penky isn't a half back anymore and it showed.

As for young marwood I think thorman protected him today  against an aggressive team 

You only find out if he needs protected when you put him on the park though! Turns out he'll tackle anything and looks very sharp with the ball. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

One of the poorest performances I've seen for a long time. The ref and the two wise monkeys on the touch line were abysmal but they didn't cost us the game. That was entirely down to our own feckless display. The criticism doesn't end with the players however - with Buffer and Tickle missing it should have been the opportunity to give Blain Marwood his chance to shine but Thorman chose to throw him on at the death when the game was gone.  Maybe now those doubters who think that Buffer is just a place kicker par excellence will acknowledge his value in guiding us round the park and for his defensive strength. Sadly I believe that if that was the benchmark of our quality then promotion is an improbable ambition.  

3 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

One of the poorest performances I've seen for a long time. The ref and the two wise monkeys on the touch line were abysmal but they didn't cost us the game. That was entirely down to our own feckless display. The criticism doesn't end with the players however - with Buffer and Tickle missing it should have been the opportunity to give Blain Marwood his chance to shine but Thorman chose to throw him on at the death when the game was gone.  Maybe now those doubters who think that Buffer is just a place kicker par excellence will acknowledge his value in guiding us round the park and for his defensive strength. Sadly I believe that if that was the benchmark of our quality then promotion is an improbable ambition.  

If forber isn't playing next week their is more chance of me winning the lottery than us beating Newcastle!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Thought town would have won today but team had no real spark, fieldhouse still carrying is shoulder did not want to tackle,mellor passing the ball on is own try line,but the real problem is no pace and no backing up or push around the play the ball.forwards take an age to play the ball so team can't get on the front foot,coach could have changed the team also after 30mins penky back into hooker and marwood could have gone to half at least he would back up,also would have put Perry in forwards and let him get into Oldham,but coach kept bringing MOI moi off when he was running hard? Oldham played a bit quicker then town with better basics.

2 hours ago, Town utd said:

Thought town would have won today but team had no real spark, fieldhouse still carrying is shoulder did not want to tackle,mellor passing the ball on is own try line,but the real problem is no pace and no backing up or push around the play the ball.forwards take an age to play the ball so team can't get on the front foot,coach could have changed the team also after 30mins penky back into hooker and marwood could have gone to half at least he would back up,also would have put Perry in forwards and let him get into Oldham,but coach kept bringing MOI moi off when he was running hard? Oldham played a bit quicker then town with better basics.

Can't argue with that . A good summary from somebody who actually knows what he's talking about.  

4 hours ago, anok4u said:

You only find out if he needs protected when you put him on the park though! Turns out he'll tackle anything and looks very sharp with the ball. 

And at Barrow Island he'll have been targeted as the go-to man by other sides so can shrug off the need to be wrapped in cotton wool. I hear that Buffer could be missing again next week so if our Geordie coach has the Newky broon ale bottle he should give Blain Marwood the starting shirt at Thunder. 

46 minutes ago, town4me said:

I heard the wath brow coach was in the crowd yesterday too.  

I got told from someone at wath brow he's defo the town coach next year. Thorman was always a short term thing hence why he's got a longer contract  as a rugby union coach  

11 minutes ago, anok4u said:

I got told from someone at wath brow he's defo the town coach next year. Thorman was always a short term thing hence why he's got a longer contract  as a rugby union coach  

I hope so. A local based coach with access to up and coming local talent is the way forward I.M.O

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Standard of refereeing is shocking. Clear obstruction then started laughing

Disgraceful 

Poorest reffing display I've seen in a long time but not the reason for our defeat, we were just awful in all departments. 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I hope so. A local based coach with access to up and coming local talent is the way forward 

yeah agree, quite a few at the brow would never turn pro maybe Rooney could change that..

Archived