Jordan Abdull

Been interesting the last few weeks as we have seen three players with throwback performances to one might say RL from 20 or 30 years ago. Scott Murrell for fax, Abdul last night and Jake O'Connor last week. I forgot how enjoyable it was watching those break the mould type performances.

He certainly has to be in contention for GB honours now as he is doing it for a team who do not have a monster pack to play off. His kicking game is very good, the spiralling bombs he kicks are never easy to cope with for opposition defences and he can run the ball too. 

42 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

a team who do not have a monster pack to play off.

That is the key thing for me. He is doing what he's doing in a team that is actually on the back foot a lot of the time, which even the best in the world often can't do.

I'm not sure he is in the GB conversation yet, but let's see how the next few months pan out.

2 hours ago, RS said:

Been interesting the last few weeks as we have seen three players with throwback performances to one might say RL from 20 or 30 years ago. Scott Murrell for fax, Abdul last night and Jake O'Connor last week. I forgot how enjoyable it was watching those break the mould type performances.

Murrell is a different sort of player, but there are definate similarities between Abdull and Connor when they play at 6. They are both a bit maverick, they play with their heads up and always back themselves to execute however difficult a skill it is. The assist that Abdull got against Catalans where he flicked it one handed over the defenders head was straight out of the Jake Connor play book.

It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Hull. He always clearly had talent, but his attitude perhaps wasn't what it should have been and he was competing for a spot with some quality players. It's great to see him come of age at London and show everyone what he can do.

7 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I think people need to calm down a little with the praise and calls for GB selection, he’s not a top half (yet). He had a shocker against Leeds? the other week as well

Potentially needs to get fitter and lose weight too... Last night aside I've seen him tire quickly in games

International honours may be a step too far but Jordan Abdull has been London's player of the year, because the ground is so initimate you can actually hear the players from the touchline and Jordan has been organising the London side on field. I will say he has been a better player for the club than Jarrod Sammut, Not that Jarrod gave less than 100% but he also tended to freelance on the field rather than be the fulcrum of the game plan that Jordan is.

He will be moving to Hull KR next season but for what he had done for the club down here good luck for the future Jordan.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived