Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gooleboy

Jordan Abdull

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

After recent performances, for me Jordan Abdull is currently the best player in the SL.

Meant to say influential as opposed to best. Very impressed with him. 

Been interesting the last few weeks as we have seen three players with throwback performances to one might say RL from 20 or 30 years ago. Scott Murrell for fax, Abdul last night and Jake O'Connor last week. I forgot how enjoyable it was watching those break the mould type performances.

• Like 2

There's always room for genius. 

• Like 1

I hope he makes the GB squad if his current form continues, he deserved man of the match but that 40/20 kick was next level and was what sealed the win for London. 

He certainly has to be in contention for GB honours now as he is doing it for a team who do not have a monster pack to play off. His kicking game is very good, the spiralling bombs he kicks are never easy to cope with for opposition defences and he can run the ball too. 

42 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

a team who do not have a monster pack to play off.

That is the key thing for me. He is doing what he's doing in a team that is actually on the back foot a lot of the time, which even the best in the world often can't do.

I'm not sure he is in the GB conversation yet, but let's see how the next few months pan out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RS said:

Been interesting the last few weeks as we have seen three players with throwback performances to one might say RL from 20 or 30 years ago. Scott Murrell for fax, Abdul last night and Jake O'Connor last week. I forgot how enjoyable it was watching those break the mould type performances.

Murrell is a different sort of player, but there are definate similarities between Abdull and Connor when they play at 6. They are both a bit maverick, they play with their heads up and always back themselves to execute however difficult a skill it is. The assist that Abdull got against Catalans where he flicked it one handed over the defenders head was straight out of the Jake Connor play book.

It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Hull. He always clearly had talent, but his attitude perhaps wasn't what it should have been and he was competing for a spot with some quality players. It's great to see him come of age at London and show everyone what he can do.

• Like 2

I think people need to calm down a little with the praise and calls for GB selection, he’s not a top half (yet). He had a shocker against Leeds? the other week as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

I hope he makes the GB squad if his current form continues, he deserved man of the match but that 40/20 kick was next level and was what sealed the win for London. 

It was a 50-20 kick

He'll find it a lot harder to do up the slope at Batley next year

7 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I think people need to calm down a little with the praise and calls for GB selection, he’s not a top half (yet). He had a shocker against Leeds? the other week as well

Potentially needs to get fitter and lose weight too... Last night aside I've seen him tire quickly in games

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It was a 50-20 kick

He'll find it a lot harder to do up the slope at Batley next year

I think you meant 30/20 🙂 ... 50 is (supposed to be) halfway.

Edited by TBone
  • Like 1

International honours may be a step too far but Jordan Abdull has been London's player of the year, because the ground is so initimate you can actually hear the players from the touchline and Jordan has been organising the London side on field. I will say he has been a better player for the club than Jarrod Sammut, Not that Jarrod gave less than 100% but he also tended to freelance on the field rather than be the fulcrum of the game plan that Jordan is.

He will be moving to Hull KR next season but for what he had done for the club down here good luck for the future Jordan.

• Like 2

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019