Alex Walker

54 minutes ago, rlno1 said:

Always a consistent performer for London Broncos, very underrated player. Also portrays a great image of the game in London.

What are people's thoughts on him.

He's far too good for wigan, Saints, Leeds, Cas and the Wolves.

So if he can't play for SRD and isn't staying at the Broncos I wish he was going to the Dragons or TWP!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

He’s shown incremental improvements over the past 2 years and is now a quality SL full back. Very elusive in attack, similar to Ratchford with his rangy running style. He seems excellent positionally, with good communication skills as he seems adept at organising the defensive line.

He still has some work to do, particularly on his kicking game if he wants to become a world class full back but if he carries on his rate of improvement, he could definitely reach international standard. I’d expect him to bulk up a little over time too

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

He’s shown incremental improvements over the past 2 years and is now a quality SL full back. Very elusive in attack, similar to Ratchford with his rangy running style. He seems excellent positionally, with good communication skills as he seems adept at organising the defensive line.

He still has some work to do, particularly on his kicking game if he wants to become a world class full back but if he carries on his rate of improvement, he could definitely reach international standard. I’d expect him to bulk up a little over time too

I don’t think Billy Slater or RTS are/were particularly noted for their kicking game. It would be a good thing to have but not a necessity for that position IMO.

rldfsignature.jpg

Still needs plenty of work in my opinion, and a bit more size, but he has some ability for sure. If he does leave London i hope he goes somewhere that will work at developing him properly.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

I don’t think Billy Slater or RTS are/were particularly noted for their kicking game. It would be a good thing to have but not a necessity for that position IMO.

Billy certainly developed it in his later years and very effectively for the Storm.

RTS has freakish ability! 

Would rate him above his namesake at Leeds that the sky clowns rave about, definitely needs to bulk up a fair bit but as I have said previously if you look at the NRL every club seems to have a least one exciting young fullback on their roster that are light years in front of either of those two.

I would say the nearest to a NRL type fullback in our game at present is Evalds at SRD and he has a few errors in his game he needs to tidy up.

He has a good step, decent hands and his timing and leaping for attacking high balls I have not seen bettered. His tackling one on one has a lot to be desired, but he is young and gets better match by match. For someone so thin, he is fearless and played on in the £1M game with a dislocated hand and throwing up after an injection.  

Archived