Tonight's Game

Gavinr

A much improved 46-24 loss and based on online data,  influenced by conceding 13 penalties and a sin binning.  We shipped 30 points second half, so staying power has to improve after a very close first half.  Four tries and hopefully the new team can at last start to gel and improve our defensive patterns.

Correction: I believe the sin binning could have been a Sheffield player early first half?

Too many headshots from Rochdale players which resulted in a braw due to weak refereeing.  No quibble with the sin-binning but Farrell should have equally been punished in the second half.   With 13 penalties why on earth there was no team warning from the referee is beyond me.

A better result,if you can call another defeat that,but at least we scored four converted tries. However,it looks like discipline is as bad as ever,13 penalties is unforgivable,usually brought about by tiredness or stupidity. Better not get carried away,or I`ll get shouted at,but hopefully better days are on the horizon when the lads start playing at home again.

6 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

A better result,if you can call another defeat that,but at least we scored four converted tries. However,it looks like discipline is as bad as ever,13 penalties is unforgivable,usually brought about by tiredness or stupidity. Better not get carried away,or I`ll get shouted at,but hopefully better days are on the horizon when the lads start playing at home again.

Yeah , I can't remember when we last played at home to be honest. Having to play the best part of 2 months on the road is tough at the best of times but when you are struggling for form it's really hard to get that win that breaks the losing sequence. I always said that the long spell away from home that we have to suffer would sink us one day.That's not to mention the lack of income and the chances of fans finding other things to do in that period. Anyway it's over now and we get a home game at long last a week on Sunday.

Archived