Royal Ascot.

13 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Cant understand why the BBC never cover racing esp the big meetings,they always used to.Perhaps they don't want to be seen to be encouraging gambling.

Most courses are signed up to satellite, +/- Bookies only courses, therefore would have to pay a premium that only ITV seems to be able to afford, although under a Broadcasting rights agreement, some sport have to be broadcast on terrestrial channels, such as the Grand National, British GP, Wimbledon, RL Challenge Cup Final & FA Cup Final under a licensing agreement with the Government. However, what they pay for it is negotiable. Wimbledon tends to go with the BBC, F1 is signed to C4, Horse Racing has only just gone to ITV.

World Cup Football rights are generally shared, WC Union tends to be ITV, and Olympics/ Commonwealth Games usually covered by BBC, with Paras on C4.

As for gambling. Have you ever been on a gambling site? You can bet on every sport possible, not just the Nags.

1 hour ago, mickhornet said:

Cant understand why the BBC never cover racing esp the big meetings,they always used to.Perhaps they don't want to be seen to be encouraging gambling.

They used to, but C4 made a huge bid a while back to corner all the FTA coverage, and the BBC lost out. They used to show quite a lot.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived