London Broncos have been a disaster off the pitch

My problem with Ealing is the lack of facilities and room to grow.

If London did become established and successful, and people wanted to watch, where do they go?

The new stand is the away end and the other end is also populated by away fans.

The only other option is standing two or three deep like in a recreation ground. I can’t believe the existing facilities don’t deter people at present. As Saints fans sang recently, it’s a f*cking sh*t park.

It’s not set up for success, only bare minimum surviving.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

As I said before, the game, as a whole, should build one as a London RL hub. Where the Broncos play, the lower league finals day, semi-finals, les high profile internationals, schools, amateur finals, masters finals, London 9s etc could all be played.

It doesnt have to be massive 15-20k, it doesnt have to be all singing all dancing all seated, a bigger lamport with better hospitality but keep the beer garden, have bbqs and food trucks and all that jazz.

Brentford new stadium is a similar size but all singing and dancing all seater and that coat £70m, a similar sized stadium with terracing would be cheaper and have less.of a footprint. 

So your solution is to just build a stadium in one of the most expensive cities in the world?! Get a grip ffs.

30 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

My problem with Ealing is the lack of facilities and room to grow.

If London did become established and successful, and people wanted to watch, where do they go?

The new stand is the away end and the other end is also populated by away fans.

The only other option is standing two or three deep like in a recreation ground. I can’t believe the existing facilities don’t deter people at present. As Saints fans sang recently, it’s a f*cking sh*t park.

It’s not set up for success, only bare minimum surviving.

Well they could literally double their average crowds and still play there and what's wrong with the "facilities" exactly?

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

Well a stadium in Newcastle wouldnt really be much use to London RL would it

The "game" doesn't have enough money to build a stadium in Keighley never mind London or Newcastle or anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

The RFL, Leeds, Wigan and les Catalans, between them turnover about £55m per year. 

We arent as poor as we pretend

And if a new stadium in London conservatively costs 50m quid where does that come from?! Are we going to stop paying all the players for 5 years to fund it? Come on, it's a complete fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not enough seats, dear.

For the Saints game they had to roll in some wooden benches on wheels. 

Those are the ' family stands ' I was referring to earlier , they had those where the big stand now is when we went 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Fairly sure he's already stated profit and turnover are very different things on a different thread today , getting confused .com ?

I think he forgot to check the bog roll before committing this morning.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

And if a new stadium in London conservatively costs 50m quid where does that come from?! Are we going to stop paying all the players for 5 years to fund it? Come on, it's a complete fantasy.

5 ? More like 20 Tre , Ealing is rubbish really , but it serves a purpose , I don't see how you could ever grow a club there , but it is what it is 

34 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

The RFL, Leeds, Wigan and les Catalans, between them turnover about £55m per year. 

We arent as poor as we pretend

The RFL have been receiving income from broadcasting rights and distributing this to the Super League clubs which forms a major part of the club income.

Adding the turnover of the RFL together with the Super League clubs into an overall number is double accounting for this broadcast revenue.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

39 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

The "game" doesn't have enough money to build a stadium in Keighley never mind London or Newcastle or anywhere else.

keep thinking small time and we'll always stay that way. Presume you're another that would rather see the RFL continue to invest in the heartlands as a solution to increasing the sports profile, sponsors, money.

The biggest problem here is that this should have happened in the 90s, whilst Hughes has put a ton of money into London he's naive and comes across as being small time/clueless with regards to making London work. As O've said before, not helped by the hapless RFL and their reluctance to invest in the game in the Southern regions, not just financially.

10 years of that useless salary thief Woods would have contributed £3M when you take into account his perks and golden handshake. Investing some of it in a team who can drag the sports administration into the 20rh Century, never mind the 21st would have been far better use. We'll always be dragged down because of chairmen and the 'leaders' of our sport, it's basically repeating what has happened since at least the 50s/60s. That was the era when the sport had a massive chance to branch out, when there wasn't anywhere near as muh for folk to do.

Time and again the sport simply kicks itself in the knackers.

41 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

keep thinking small time and we'll always stay that way. Presume you're another that would rather see the RFL continue to invest in the heartlands as a solution to increasing the sports profile, sponsors, money.

The biggest problem here is that this should have happened in the 90s, whilst Hughes has put a ton of money into London he's naive and comes across as being small time/clueless with regards to making London work. As O've said before, not helped by the hapless RFL and their reluctance to invest in the game in the Southern regions, not just financially.

The RFL can't invest in anything as they've no cash and poor income. That's the problem. And I'm a southern RL fan so no i wouldn't rather that at all.

11 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

The RFL can't invest in anything as they've no cash and poor income. That's the problem. And I'm a southern RL fan so no i wouldn't rather that at all.

Both of these problems are solely the fault of the RFL and problems that will never change until it starts to change its attitude and begins to speculate to accumulate.

26 minutes ago, Damien said:

Both of these problems are solely the fault of the RFL and problems that will never change until it starts to change its attitude and begins to speculate to accumulate.

Meanwhile on planet earth London need an affordable stadium to play at inside the m25.

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Leeds and YCCC have just spent £45m rebuilding headingley 

9 years ago St Helen's paid £25m for their new stadium.

The RFL's Turnover is 3 times that of Leeds. They dole out to clubs about as much as Leeds turnover and that's not including the SL clubs share of the TV deal. 

And the 'cost' assumes that we dont run the stadium at a profit. If we do, it costs absolutely nothing. And with at least one full time tenant and the additional events the RFL could put on there is no reason it couldnt. 

No they've borrowed £ 45 million with massive support from the council 

St Helens have borrowed £ 25 million with the help of the owners mates 

To make a profit you'd need at least one other 'anchor ' tenant , probably 2 

There was one chance , when Virgin were involved , since then no way 

5 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

That seems an odd idea of contributing to a long term strategic plan of growth and expansion. 

How do you define ' a long term strategic plan of growth and expansion?'

Bearing in mind the RFL don't seem to have one,The Elite club owners may be struggling,so how do the clubs achieve your ideas for the future?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived