London Broncos have been a disaster off the pitch

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm the same. Ealing is easy to get to and traffic never an issue on match day

I read somewhere that a much higher percentage of northern immigrants to London choose North London over any other part (presumably easier to get back to relatives etc). If this is true then we are in the right spot-ish

In a city of 9 million or so the club shouldn't be looking to base it's location to suit northern immigrants.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2019 at 23:41, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Maybe it's time to start a go found me page, and buy London a perminat ground. So we can finally put this too bed.. they only need a 8000 seater ground.

Saracens RU play at Barnet Copthall Stadium - home of London RL for many years. It's now renamed Allianz Park and currently has a capacity of 8500. The development of that stadium (not the cost of buying the land, just the cost of putting up stands) was over £20 million. Building a 3000 seat grandstand is costing an extra £23 million. We're talking about amounts which are larger than the RFL's income for a year. The only options are to be a partner/tenant with someone else.

On 12/09/2019 at 13:47, The Daddy said:

So you made a judgement on the people of the local area based on the small number of people that attended a Broncos game? 

The area has developed significantly since then anyway. 

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You what?

Be reasonable, lads!

Surely London changing ground is an exciting new idea that deserves a chance. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Be reasonable, lads!

I'm certainly all in with "London, who have no money, can magic up £11m to finish a ground that isn't theirs for a sport that would crush them in an area where they have no support".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Be reasonable, lads!

Buying into a ground, if the opportunity is there, isn't just changing ground for no reason and could give them a permanent home.

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm certainly all in with "London, who have no money, can magic up £11m to finish a ground that isn't theirs for a sport that would crush them in an area where they have no support".

Hasn't Hughes put in over £20 million? £11 million and an actual return seems a little better value for money.

Anyhow I think this is as much a case of the sport as a whole needing to see the bigger picture with regards to investing in London. That TWP £1.8 million funding that they are forgoing would be a nice start.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Buying into a ground, if the opportunity is there, isn't just changing ground for no reason and could give them a permanent home.

Until it is there, it is rather hypocritical though. 

The discussion of stadia being accessible is rather premature. What is the open, financially viable, market in London for a weekly sports event?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 hours ago, Damien said:

In a city of 9 million or so the club shouldn't be looking to base it's location to suit northern immigrants.

Yep fair enough

Needs a tonne if money putting into it. Hughesy has been great but wish we could get an Argyle figure in to really pump some cash in

Our Academy is decent so just getting back into superleague to keep those players would be good. Our own stadium would be ideal

• 1 year later...
On 26/11/2019 at 20:51, John C said:

I'd like to say it was all down to me  but it was probably only 50% due to me posting this 18 months ago

Archived