Jackson Hastings

Jackson Hastings has said he is staying in Super League. There are rumours that Hastings is going to Wigan, Leeds or indeed staying at Salford . Is he been transferred for 2020 or mid season this year? What's the latest rumours on Hastings?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Quite a few clubs are in a battle for his signature. I do not know who will win the conquest. 

Norman-ton?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, TheDuke said:

Maybe joining lui at Leeds? 

Maybe Leeds have got the wrong one by mistake?

Reminds me of when Inter Milan signed Luther Blissett from Watford and thought they were getting his teammate John Barnes!

So apparently Hastings only wanted a short term deal in Super League, because his heart is set on NRL. Leeds need a half now but Salford wanted £400k to release him and Leeds are not keen on paying that for what may only be a 1 year deal. So they’ve turned to Lui. 

I don’t know what’s happened with Maloney but my feeling is that now he’s back in SOO reckoning, it’s put a spanner in the works of any mid season transfer 

Salford are going along nicely.  Improving in small increments and building a decent team.  They’ve been good for both Lui and JH, so, apart from the brass, why move?

A lot to be said for playing in a team where your comfortable and playing well.  A change might not provide that.

I really hope Jackson doesnt go to Wigan. Harry Smith was the outstanding half in his age group and he is currently behind 33 year old Thomas Leuluai. If Hastings goes to Wigan it pretty much slams the door shut on Smith.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I really hope Jackson doesnt go to Wigan. Harry Smith was the outstanding half in his age group and he is currently behind 33 year old Thomas Leuluai. If Hastings goes to Wigan it pretty much slams the door shut on Smith.

You'd hope Leuluai would'nt be in the halves and that Smith and Hastings would be the new pairing with Williams leaving.

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Quite a few clubs are in a battle for his signature. I do not know who will win the conquest. 

Maybe they've told him he will be living g re t free in Leeds Castle 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Salford are going along nicely.  Improving in small increments and building a decent team.  They’ve been good for both Lui and JH, so, apart from the brass, why move?

A lot to be said for playing in a team where your comfortable and playing well.  A change might not provide that.

It IS the brass!

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I don’t know what’s happened with Maloney but my feeling is that now he’s back in SOO reckoning, it’s put a spanner in the works of any mid season transfer 

Cleary picked up a bad injury this morning, so I don't imagine Maloney is going anywhere.

People called Romans they go the house

1 hour ago, wackojacko said:

You'd hope Leuluai would'nt be in the halves and that Smith and Hastings would be the new pairing with Williams leaving.

Yes. Hastings would be 6 surely.

Looking in the Interweb the Sun says Lui is going to Leeds for a 65k transfer fee.  I thought the Sun was boycotting RL!??

Hastings had played fair by Salford.  This and his father's rugby history augours well for his commitment.  If Lui goes to Leeds then the likelyhood is that Hastings will go to Wigan.  Thus ought to give them a number of options in the half backs with Sammut as well . 

I think Hastings is nailed on for Wigan.   Didn’t he turn down a move to them last year on general principle?   Wanted to repay Salford for giving him a chance?

Now his ‘debts’ are paid I’m sure he’ll want to showcase his talents at a legacy club (no offence to Salford but you know what I mean).   Fair play to him for standing by his word though.

Lui will need a new visa so watch for him leaving the country.

Before Leeds fans get too excited watch Lui with Littlejohn before Hastings arrived.

As a Salford fan this just seems to be the routine now

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Halves are virtually impossible to bring through these days. How many halves are being brought through now? Maybe two Richardson who has gone backwards at a rate of knots and Trueman who is getting more game time than Cas would plan on because of Gale's injuries. 

Its such a big commitment to start a young half that it just really doesn't happen many of our 'halves' have come through as utilities to get game time. Burrow was a hooker, Sinfield a loose, Pryce played everywhere, Eastmond centres, Tomkins FB, Gale in the lower leagues, WIddop NRL, 

Smith, like Mclellan is probably ready for some first team games but its a brave coach that goes with him for one game, its a crazy one which goes for a whole season

Tomkins made his name as a 6 and got in the side young.  So did Williams. If you are good enough it will not matter to be young enough.

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think Hastings is nailed on for Wigan.   Didn’t he turn down a move to them last year on general principle?   Wanted to repay Salford for giving him a chance?

Now his ‘debts’ are paid I’m sure he’ll want to showcase his talents at a legacy club (no offence to Salford but you know what I mean).   Fair play to him for standing by his word though.

Mick Gledhill has JH going to Leeds for £275k, so it was obvious he was either staying at SCR or Wigan.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

No it doesn't. Hastings doesn't seem likely to stick around in Super League for long so he's only a short term option. Leuluai is approaching his mid-30's and might not even play next season while Sammut is also in his 30's and next year is the last of his deal. Plenty of opportunity for Smith to force his way into the side. Wigan will need depth in the halves and hopefully we'll still have enough next year.

The England Academy team beat the Australian Schoolboys 2 to zip in probably the most dominant performance I have ever seen from an English junior team.

The half backs in that series were from Wigan and Leeds. If Jackson goes to either of these clubs we have no right to complain if the English kids don't reach their potential. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived