Jackson Hastings

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Apart from you, who else is saying that?  Wigan Today for instance are only talking about Mitch Clark.  I know we have a TRL teaser but if it's official, why is the press quiet and the Wigan club the same? 

PS... I am sure your suggestion is right BTW, it does look like an open secret .

It's been reported in today's LE.

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how long he's signed for?  I know he has an NRL clause.

Weirdly as a Wigan fan I feel  for Salford losing Lui and Jackson.  Brown (at this stage of his career) and Lolohea are a downgrade.

I like healthy competition but moves like this keep clubs like Salford lower down the table.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah ‘The Mole’ is saying it’s all agreed now too. I know he likes a scoop before it’s confirmed but he’s been saying Wigan for months anyway, so to say it’s done he must be sure. 

So its still just a rumour.  I wonder how many times the rumour will be agreed before LE finally prints it officially

Of course it might well been agreed (It's plausible) either in writing or in words, but formally saying it has will only happen when it's official. Hastings is a free agent next season and other players have announced their changes (Clark), so why if agreed has it not been announced? 

Salford have a policy of not announcing signings or leavers at this stage of the season.

Maybe Wigan are not announcing this after the mess they made of Bibby, using a photo of him with a scarf after telling him it wouldn't be used at this stage.

Surely there are better players in Super League than Hastings.

He was that good that  no NRL teams made him an offer when Manly sacked him.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Salford have a policy of not announcing signings or leavers at this stage of the season.

Maybe Wigan are not announcing this after the mess they made of Bibby, using a photo of him with a scarf after telling him it wouldn't be used at this stage.

All that is nothing to do with the fact that LE is blabbing, whilst Wigan and Salford are saying nothing.  And Wigan do not need Hastings untill next year when he is out of contract.

Neither Wigan and Salford are saying anything... and you are yourself saying Wigan would be embarrassed, so whats left by your logic is Salford are leaking. 

Salfords "policy" BTW is selling their 7 when Leeds threw some money at them. Wigan are not trying to break Hastings contract.

1 minute ago, Allora said:

Surely there are better players in Super League than Hastings.

He was that good no NRL teams made him an offer when Manly sacked him.

May be there are.. so what.  We could ask you to name them, but what would that matter, it's all an opinion mixed with statistics.  But I am guessing there are not 12 better who play 6.    So again ...  so what?

My beef is LE trying to big up their front page spread (which ends up with a 'wink wink nudge nudge' story) when Wigan Salford and Hastings himself are not wanting to shout about it and clearly Wigan are not pushing the Williams story either.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

May be there are.. so what.  We could ask you to name them, but what would that matter, it's all an opinion mixed with statistics.  But I am guessing there are not 12 better who play 6.    So again ...  so what?

My beef is LE trying to big up their front page spread (which ends up with a 'wink wink nudge nudge' story) when Wigan Salford and Hastings himself are not wanting to shout about it and clearly Wigan are not pushing the Williams story either.

Hastings has been mentioned as a player for Great Britain, is he that good or is the level so low in England that he is considered as an Australian that can do better than local born and bred?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

46 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

All that is nothing to do with the fact that LE is blabbing, whilst Wigan and Salford are saying nothing.  And Wigan do not need Hastings untill next year when he is out of contract.

Neither Wigan and Salford are saying anything... and you are yourself saying Wigan would be embarrassed, so whats left by your logic is Salford are leaking. 

Salfords "policy" BTW is selling their 7 when Leeds threw some money at them. Wigan are not trying to break Hastings contract.

Red Willow is stating the facts and never said that Wigan were trying to break Hastings contract.

The Bibby affair ,if it was as stated was a complete mess up by Wigan, unless Salford took the picture on behalf of Wigan and published it.

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

He is playing well but no we haven't got strength in depth, particularly in the halves, unfortunately.

Agreed. In the pack we could probably put out 20 players of a very good international standard. The likes of McMeeken won't be likely to make the squad yet are very good players 

In the backs there's less depth. 

In the halves even less. Given Gales injury, and Widdops too, Hastings would have to be in contention for GB. 

9 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Out of interest, what on earth is wrong with a player being photographed holding a scarf with the name of the team they've just signed for? Seen such a big deal made of it, and it's just a scarf...

44 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Out of interest, what on earth is wrong with a player being photographed holding a scarf with the name of the team they've just signed for? Seen such a big deal made of it, and it's just a scarf...

I fondly recall the days of a player being photographed holding a 'phone to his ear. Or, in the later days of mobiles, one 'phone at each ear. Usually with a big daft grin on his mug.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remember Paul Ince being photographed wearing a Man Utd shirt before being signed, and while still a West Ham player. As a sign of respect for the fans of the club you're leaving, there are some things you just don't need to do. 

Naturally, in this instance, with Man Utd the darlings of the football press, it was the West Ham fans who were depicted as the villains, and not Judas.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I thought the Sun weren't covering Rugby League any more.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It is a matter of respect. As a Salford fan we have seen this far too often, one of the worst being Luke Robinson posing in a Huddersfield shirt before Salford had actually been relegated.

Players are under contract and are expected to perform for their current employer.

22 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

I remember Paul Ince being photographed wearing a Man Utd shirt before being signed, and while still a West Ham player. As a sign of respect for the fans of the club you're leaving, there are some things you just don't need to do. 

Naturally, in this instance, with Man Utd the darlings of the football press, it was the West Ham fans who were depicted as the villains, and not Judas.

And Ince, deservedly IMO, always received a hostile reception on his returns to Upton Park.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

It is a matter of respect. As a Salford fan we have seen this far too often, one of the worst being Luke Robinson posing in a Huddersfield shirt before Salford had actually been relegated.

Players are under contract and are expected to perform for their current employer.

As I recall Luke Robinson was asked at a Supporters meeting if the rumours of the move to Huddersfield were true and he denied it.

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I thought the Sun weren't covering Rugby League any more.

Keep up, that was sorted out last week.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived