Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheLegendOfTexEvans

Colour clash Keighley v Skolars

Recommended Posts

Although the commentary feels like it should be on Radio Keighley or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

How have we ended watching two teams playing in green and red?

 

It's funny though 😊

To paraphrase the "Peep Show" they aren't clashing - in fact they are the opposite of clashing they are matching

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JonM said:

Although the commentary feels like it should be on Radio Keighley or something.

The main commentator is good, it's a shame Pryce seems to want to do that job as well, and just keep talking and talking and talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

How have we ended watching two teams playing in green and red?

That shouldn't be an issue and it wouldn't be if the two uniforms had different designs and arrangements of the teams' colours.  In Canada, Australia and the US teams always wear their own colours, they simply use different designs and/or arrangements of the colours for their home and away uniforms and it's never an issue.

Edited by Big Picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

That shouldn't be an issue and it wouldn't be if the two uniforms had different designs and arrangements of the teams' colours.  In Canada, Australia and the US teams always wear their own colours, they simply use different designs and/or arrangements of the colours for their home and away uniforms and it's never an issue.

You think it was a fairly straight forward thing to sort out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

The main commentator is good, it's a shame Pryce seems to want to do that job as well, and just keep talking and talking and talking.

Your not wrong.  

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, I was once in Ireland watching the Gaelic Football Final. I asked a bloke which team was which. He said simple Kerry are in White and Red ,Derry are in Red and White.I had no answer to that and carried on watching. I still do not know who wonas both teams were celebrating,as is normal in Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

You think it was a fairly straight forward thing to sort out.

Yes it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Exactly, I was once in Ireland watching the Gaelic Football Final. I asked a bloke which team was which. He said simple Kerry are in White and Red ,Derry are in Red and White.I had no answer to that and carried on watching. I still do not know who wonas both teams were celebrating,as is normal in Ireland.

Ireland is great its so laid back, like Africa with more rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the 1976 "all white" cup final ?

...it shows it here (in COLOUR !!!!!!!)

Even the commentator on the Pathe news clip can only identify them by saying Widnes are in the black shorts.

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

The main commentator is good, it's a shame Pryce seems to want to do that job as well, and just keep talking and talking and talking.

Was he the potty mouth? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

How have we ended watching two teams playing in green and red?

 

Need to change from that Reddifusion television Tex.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Exactly, I was once in Ireland watching the Gaelic Football Final. I asked a bloke which team was which. He said simple Kerry are in White and Red ,Derry are in Red and White.I had no answer to that and carried on watching. I still do not know who wonas both teams were celebrating,as is normal in Ireland.

I think you hit the Guinness a bit too early and enthusiastically, fairfolly!

Kerry would never play in red and white; their colours are green and gold.  I suspect you may be referring to the 1993 All Ireland Final when Derry's opponents were Kerry's next door neighbours, Cork.

One of the good thing about gaelic football and hurling county teams is how loyal they are to their colours.  This also minimises confusion.  So, Derry play in shirts that are white with a red hoop; Cork play in red shirts.  In the '93 final, Derry wore red shorts, Cork white.

So, no confusion...until the Guinness kicks in!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right Wiltshire it was the 1993 final. See I was that confused with the colour clash I even got one of the teams wrong. L.O.L. They were both still Red and White to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think colour is greatly overrated. 

Teams in black and white are much better.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I think colour is greatly overrated. 

Teams in black and white are much better.

100% agree on that 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...