59,721 watch State of Origin rugby league in Perth

On 23/06/2019 at 14:00, deluded pom? said:

I’m sure the NSW and Qld fans love having a game taken off them each year.

If it’s a three game series, surely one game has to be at a neutral venue?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it not a four hour flight from Sydney to perth? that would be like a team from Cyprus joining sl and all the logistical problems that ensue 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

is it not a four hour flight from Sydney to perth? that would be like a team from Cyprus joining sl and all the logistical problems that ensue 

Chuck a few million dollars at a lot of problems and it’s surprising what happens johnny.

rldfsignature.jpg

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 23:39, Damien said:

Well all those Aussies in the capital would certainly struggle to get to Leigh on the train.

What is this myth about millions of Aussies living in London all about?  We hear that they should be targeted to prop up the Broncos. I live in West London and 20 years ago there was a sizeable youthful Aussie population but not these days.

2 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

What is this myth about millions of Aussies living in London all about?  We hear that they should be targeted to prop up the Broncos. I live in West London and 20 years ago there was a sizeable youthful Aussie population but not these days.

How many are there now?

On 23/06/2019 at 23:00, deluded pom? said:

I’m sure the NSW and Qld fans love having a game taken off them each year.

We still have an opportunity to attend a game every year, so yeah, I do enjoy seeing the game played in other states! 

The NRL are courting the city of Perth because they want to move a Sydney team to there,so obviously there won`t be an expansion of the sixteen teams that quite a lot of people want. Thing is,none of the Sydney clubs want to move,so the NRL are going to have one heck of a battle on their hands if they try it on. Amalgamation among the Sydney clubs did happen after the Super League war twenty odd years ago,Wests joined with Balmain,St.George merged with Illawarra and Manly joined with Norths,but it was all done in an effort to literally save the game in Australia and there`s no chance of it ever happening again. Too many sides in Sydney they say,well it is a Sydney competition started in 1908,the GF is always in Sydney,GHQ is in Sydney,that`s the way it is.

On 23/06/2019 at 15:46, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Actually it’s like England v Australia playing in Wales. Oh like the World Cup opened. Or any magic weekend. It’s quite hard to criticise a game when it just had 59k in attendance. 

If you think it is hard, you sorely underestimate this forum.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 23/06/2019 at 14:11, Yorkshire Knight said:

I can understand both sides of the argument. It’s a series between NSW and Queensland so don’t know what it has to do with any other state or country for that matter. But then again it’s a good opportunity to take a successful product like SOO to uncharted territories to showcase the sport. 

I understand the disappointment of 'home' fans, but hopefully it's a strategic decision by the NRL to take the game (as did the RFL 'originally' with magic weekend) to plant the seed for new teams in non RL territory.

Sadly (from my point of view) Magic weekend has lost its purpose, in this respect.

3 hours ago, The British Lion said:

I understand the disappointment of 'home' fans, but hopefully it's a strategic decision by the NRL to take the game (as did the RFL 'originally' with magic weekend) to plant the seed for new teams in non RL territory.

Sadly (from my point of view) Magic weekend has lost its purpose, in this respect.

Hope all you like BL. It’s a money making exercise. Nothing more, nothing less.

rldfsignature.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived