1895 cup Batley v York

Batley Bob

Reading some of the posts on the York forum had me scratching my head, this post is another one that has me baffled. Not being funny, but were you watching the same game as me Haxby?

The penalty was for a ball steal, but the tackle leading up to it was high. Batley deserved their win, but I think even Batley fans must have been mystified by some of the officials decisions that went against them as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Reading some of the posts on the York forum had me scratching my head, this post is another one that has me baffled. Not being funny, but were you watching the same game as me Haxby?

The penalty was for a ball steal, but the tackle leading up to it was high. Batley deserved their win, but I think even Batley fans must have been mystified by some of the officials decisions that went against them as well.

Ref made a lot of poor decisions for both teams and I think he missed a few tackle counts. All in all ut was a hood game by 2 good sides on the night. York just seemed to run out of steam in the last 15 mins

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Totally agree with you on that.

If the complaints had been for the obvious knock on Scott made in the second half, no argument from me on that, it was a shocking call. I really do not understand how they can get calls like that wrong. 

It wasn’t like it was marginal, or open to interpretation, the ball must have gone forward 2 yards. 

Have you had whistling Jack yet?

If not, you’re in for a treat. I’m sure he uses a magic 8 ball to make decisions. Apart from our games, I also saw him ref the Bradford v Halifax game, as a neutral, and he was absolutely shocking in that too.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can keep hold of Ford. That is, unless we can get him, he’s the best coach in the division for my money this season.

9 hours ago, DEANO said:

Like the 1st try which was a mile forward

Wrong again Deano. Watch Breatley hand 7ft in the air...it goes backwards from his hand.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

7 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Ah the tallest rl player shoei’s done that a few times this year I think he did against Widnes at home too 

Just watched it. The tall lad passes the ball about 3 yards from the line. The winger catches it on the line. Still looks forward to me

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

15 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Just watched it. The tall lad passes the ball about 3 yards from the line. The winger catches it on the line. Still looks forward to me

Perhaps you could write a letter of complaint to the RFL if it makes you feel better. 

38 minutes ago, DEANO said:

It doesn't matter now deano. Batley got through to the next round, and they were the better of the two teams on the night. York are having a great season so far and have exceeded a lot of fans expectations.  Good luck for the rest of this season.

3 hours ago, DEANO said:

Watch it again properly. Brearley passes the ball and Mazive, coming in off his wing with his hand over his head, flicks it forward. It’s easy to spot as the ball goes from flat to spinning wildly. 

One of a number of examples where the home fans were wrongly howling in derision at the ref where they’d themselves missed something or misunderstood the rules.

On 27/06/2019 at 12:32, DOGFATHER said:

Have you had whistling Jack yet?

If not, you’re in for a treat. I’m sure he uses a magic 8 ball to make decisions. Apart from our games, I also saw him ref the Bradford v Halifax game, as a neutral, and he was absolutely shocking in that too.

We've had him a couple of times, he was ok. Having said that, he helped knock us out of the Yorkshire Cup!! ?

On 27/06/2019 at 11:04, HaxbyKnight said:

Just out of curiosity hk how many d/r and loan players did york field, because if sounded like every time a york player touched the ball he was on loan or dr from some club. 

Archived