1895 cup Batley v York

Batley Bob

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now onto Mr money bags sunday but lazy penalties and giving opp 3 sets in front of our own posts will see us going down 60 70 or 80...

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

York            16 v 17   BATLEY
Widnes       54 v   6   Dewsbury 
Leigh          19 v 18   Barrow
Doncaster 28 v 32   Sheffield 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

50 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Well done Batley, although that was never a penalty to York in the last minute.

Considering the York player almost had his head taken off, I think it was a penalty. But I'm not complaining about the result. Jouffret ran the show, and won the game for Batley.

6 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Underestimated you guys. Should never have rested 9 players

you can concentrate on the league now.  who wants to go to Wembley anyway?.

looks like we do .....but I cant see us doing it, every team in the last 4 will want to be there. 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Can't work out how anyone thinks we were the top ranked side left in the comp! Leigh, Sheffield, York and Widnes were all bigger favourites and even Barrow were really on the crest of a wave after stuffing Fev on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, phildog said:

Can't work out how anyone thinks we were the top ranked side left in the comp! Leigh, Sheffield, York and Widnes were all bigger favourites and even Barrow were really on the crest of a wave after stuffing Fev on Sunday. 

We were while they were losing 

above widnes barrow and a league above Doncaster 

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

who thought we were top ranked?. at one point we were the highest league position wise winning with a few minutes to go. 

but Leigh and Sheffield came back to win.

Just got back, and wow we nearly threw that away at the end!

Giving away a penalty in possession and then a daft penalty with seconds to spare.

King Louis redeemed himself though with that kick after a fantastic set getting from our line to within drop goal distance. Well done son.

Energetic, aggressive and bright performance from the start. There’s a decent side in there somewhere, but unfortunately the coach just can’t find it consistently.

12 minutes ago, LuckyDog said:

Giving away a penalty in possession and then a daft penalty with seconds to spare.

King Louis redeemed himself though with that kick after a fantastic set getting from our line to within drop goal distance. Well done son.

Energetic, aggressive and bright performance from the start. There’s a decent side in there somewhere, but unfortunately the coach just can’t find it consistently.

Could not agree more LD, especially the penalty in possession.

What i find even more baffling than his decision to trip the defender, when the game was all but won, is the number of fans picking him in the top 3 for MOM????

I've defended Smeaton many times this season, but for that lunacy alone, I would be tempted to get rid of him. Moronic doesn’t even begin to cover it!

9 hours ago, DEANO said:

Underestimated you guys. Should never have rested 9 players

Your coach was quoted as saying...

" I've picked what in my opinion is the strongest side for this game "

The 9 rested may have different opinions me thinks .

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

9 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Considering the York player almost had his head taken off, I think it was a penalty. But I'm not complaining about the result. Jouffret ran the show, and won the game for Batley.

Reading some of the posts on the York forum had me scratching my head, this post is another one that has me baffled. Not being funny, but were you watching the same game as me Haxby?

The penalty was for a ball steal, wasn't it? 

Which would have been the correct call, except for the fact it was a 1 on 1 ball steal, therefore it shouldn't have been blown up. As far as I could tell, Jouffret stole it and the York player then tried to regain possession. Once the York player had failed to get it back, he cried to the ref, who then gave you a penalty.

Jouffret certainly didn't go anywhere near the York players head, as you state above.

8 hours ago, LuckyDog said:

It was 1 on 1. As they rolled over Jouffret let go but Connor Robinson paused split second and actually put the ball in Jouffrets hands. Camera direct on the tackle. Ref missed it. Connor Robinson take a bow. He defo ran it for York though. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

59 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Reading some of the posts on the York forum had me scratching my head, this post is another one that has me baffled. Not being funny, but were you watching the same game as me Haxby?

The penalty was for a ball steal, wasn't it? 

Which would have been the correct call, except for the fact it was a 1 on 1 ball steal, therefore it shouldn't have been blown up. As far as I could tell, Jouffret stole it and the York player then tried to regain possession. Once the York player had failed to get it back, he cried to the ref, who then gave you a penalty.

Jouffret certainly didn't go anywhere near the York players head, as you state above.

Glad you clarified that dogfather because that is exactly as I saw it. Couldn't work out why the penalty was given, just one of those terrible reffing decisions me thinks.

Ball stealing one on one just seems a massive risk when other players are close by and gives referees chance to make daft decisions. Admittedly the rules allow it, but unless you’re one on one with the full back or last man and the only man in the tackle by metres, leave well alone.....

We deserved the win though. Should’ve won the league game there too, but for some cartoon goal line defence....

Archived