Workington

WellWisher

Workington. Never an easy place to go to and come away with a win.  Brilliant result especially as it cancels-out our loss against them in the first game of the season. 

Well played today you deserved the win. That was one of the worst town performances I've seen in years not many of our players showed up it simply wasn't good enough from a town point of view. Oldham did everything right today and that Danny langtree is a immense player. Well done and safe journey home

P.s does that fella who was shouting all game still have a voice ??

42 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

Massive win that and only 1 point behind Whitehaven now, who would of thought that after the donny performance 

Guess what? Chewy scored and kicked a few goals ?. Awaiting your criticism of the lad this week haha. 

A good win.  Not much at all in the table either.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Guess what? Chewy scored and kicked a few goals ?. Awaiting your criticism of the lad this week haha. 

I’m not the only one to criticise him on here. I hate criticising players because I want them to do the best for my team so I’m really happy he scored and kicked the goals today. That’s what we need Hewitt to do If we want to go up this season control the game and make the difference, it seems like he did that today. So no criticism from me today thank you.

You Guy's deserved the win and with Whitehaven losing it really has opened things up again.

I think there are still some twist an turns to come and I would not like to predict which way this league is going to go but would think it is between you and Newcastle for winning the League.we are lacking consistency to stand any chance of making the Play offs and with Newcastle away and Crusaders away being our next 2 games we will probably drop out of Contention.

Hope your supporters enjoyed their day and had a safe journey home,Borough Park is a much more intimate ground and a very good playing surface.

Good Luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you again next season but very much doubt it.

31 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

You Guy's deserved the win and with Whitehaven losing it really has opened things up again.

I think there are still some twist an turns to come and I would not like to predict which way this league is going to go but would think it is between you and Newcastle for winning the League.we are lacking consistency to stand any chance of making the Play offs and with Newcastle away and Crusaders away being our next 2 games we will probably drop out of Contention.

Hope your supporters enjoyed their day and had a safe journey home,Borough Park is a much more intimate ground and a very good playing surface.

Good Luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you again next season but very much doubt it.

Tbf I think the smaller ground suited us yday, nice ground that and a very tough place to go get a result. Thought some of the big earners let town down personally ie Hopkins was poor looked shattered. Tickle out for a month will hurt you and what's wrong with forber?

37 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Tbf I think the smaller ground suited us yday, nice ground that and a very tough place to go get a result. Thought some of the big earners let town down personally ie Hopkins was poor looked shattered. Tickle out for a month will hurt you and what's wrong with forber?

Your right about Hopkins but too many were poor yesterday.

I think Forber is a groin problem and could also be out a few weeks and with having such a small squad and nothing from DR we are struggling most weeks to get 17 on the Park hence I think we are lacking Consistency.We have lacked pace all season and I think your quick play the balls and breaks into open play exposed that fact yesterday.

Stats-

Hawkyard-3 tackles. one offload. 6 tackle busts. 19 carries=136m

Aaronson-2 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=104m

McComb-14 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 18 carries=155m

Leeming-15 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 7 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=136m

Maders-2 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=55m

Brook-15 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one try assist. 3 carries=10m

Hewitt-10 tackles. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 1 carry=10m

Joy-15 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 11 carries=59m

Owen-18 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 5 carries=37m

Law-16 tackles. 9 carries=58m

Bridge-31 tackles. one miss. 9 tackle busts. 15 carries=125m

Langtree-27 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 12 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. one try assist. 15 carries=157m

Bent-52 tackles. 12 carries=64m

subs

Wilkinson-16 tackles. 3 tackle busts. 7 carries=53m

Spencer-23 tackles. one miss. one offload. 10 carries=100m

Davies-13 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 6 carries=49m

Whittel-8 tackles.4 tackle busts. 11 carries=68m

Benty again ,incredible defensive numbers, every single week the lad is a machine. Has to be one of the hardest working players in the whole game.

Good stats all round this week, great result,let's back it up with a run of wins now ?

Archived