Leigh trainer sent off

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside me and the wife went to watch Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights last weekend and after 10 minutes my wife asked who was the player in the light blue top.  I told her that he was part of the Storm ‘coaching’ team.  It seemed like the bloke must have been on the pitch advising the players during every set of six that the Storm had.

Surely we need the refs to just stop the game and tell these people to get off the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

As an aside me and the wife went to watch Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights last weekend and after 10 minutes my wife asked who was the player in the light blue top.  I told her that he was part of the Storm ‘coaching’ team.  It seemed like the bloke must have been on the pitch advising the players during every set of six that the Storm had.

Surely we need the refs to just stop the game and tell these people to get off the pitch.

I wondered where Gary Mercer had gone.....

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

44 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I thought the laws of the game stated no encroaching the pitch unless given permission by the referee to do so. 

These days we have water boys with head sets on..

And funny looking ex-players in suits, carrying microphones! 

As has already been said on this thread, he has a long, long history of this sort of thing.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/32853/leigh-centurions-reserve-coach-fined

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/33435/leighs-assistant-coach-handed-touchline

then there were the incidents at the Summer Bash last year, and several other instances from the past including players and their families complaining about his conduct at reserves games in the past. You can tell just by watching him that he's a ticking time bomb, he seems to lack any sort of self-control.

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

And funny looking ex-players in suits, carrying microphones! 

i'm just waiting for him to get his timing ever so slightly wrong and get clattered at kick off!

4 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

All teams do it and agreed they should not be there. Alfie Langer is the worst for it for me. 

It’s shocking in the NRL and it needs stopping . They don’t need spoon feeding through an entire game . It’s also potentially dangerous with guys running everywhere . As soon as the game kicks off someone is running on .... the team kicks it and the other guy runs on etc etc . Webster is it from west’s just stands there literally directing play and giving instructions every set they have the ball. It’s crazy 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s shocking in the NRL and it needs stopping . They don’t need spoon feeding through an entire game . It’s also potentially dangerous with guys running everywhere . As soon as the game kicks off someone is running on .... the team kicks it and the other guy runs on etc etc . Webster is it from west’s just stands there literally directing play and giving instructions every set they have the ball. It’s crazy 

I remember Keith senior doing it (for Sheffield?) and he was on the pitch almost immediately after kick off, and barely left it the entire game. It was farcical, he was on twice as much as there props. 

3 hours ago, DemonUK said:

I see the same old people still have there Leigh-dar turned on.

Maybe for some.

But my take:
Duffy is a good guy, quite the opposite to what I always thought of Rowley (as was Purtill, another good guy).

Leigh have generally cleaned up their act on the field compared with a few years ago and are usually a good team to watch.

Even Degsy has kept a lower profile in recent times bar the odd occasion.

But Anderson has done this sort of thing so much....he's clearly well regarded by those who know him but he's got a rap sheet as long as your arm. It's one thing for a player to have anger issues in the heat of battle, but this is an experienced coach.

Somebody mentioned Keith Senior and his constant on-field encroachments. I have seen fans give him grief about this loads of times, and he always has a laugh and a smile in response. I've seen fans have a go at Anderson and genuinely thought from his reaction that he might jump over the railings.

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

They don’t need spoon feeding through an entire game .

We live in a world that nannies us and its getting worse. Cars break for you and warn you as you depart a lane. They'll soon drive for us. We will soon forget how to think. Eventually every player will need a minder. 

10 hours ago, dkw said:

I remember Keith senior doing it (for Sheffield?) and he was on the pitch almost immediately after kick off, and barely left it the entire game. It was farcical, he was on twice as much as there props. 

Do you mean to say he didn't have a replacement to give him a break?

14 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You can tell just by watching him that he's a ticking time bomb, he seems to lack any sort of self-control.

On a more serious note,  I'm surprised the club hasn't seen the potential problem he is and acted by now. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

11 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He is in the defensive line for Eagles more than on the touch line.

That is strange as ' water carriers ' are only allowed on when their team is in possession of the ball 

53 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That is strange as ' water carriers ' are only allowed on when their team is in possession of the ball 

Not true.Perhaps the critics should ascertain the rules and regulations.

Failing that,question why no action has been taken when the complainers cover from Cumbria,to west Yorkshire,to the place trying to divert attention from their 'yellow vest wearer' - and subject of this topic.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He is in the defensive line for Eagles more than on the touch line.

He is on the pitch no more than any other water carrier, the issue is he is the most recognisable bloke in the Championship hence the whinging from other fans

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

Archived