Price to watch games

Been a Leeds fan for 30 years, despite the fact that the team currently is not doing well the price of admission seems to rise every season ( I know Headingley refurbishment needs paying for somehow lol). What do other teams charge for admission. I wanted to take the family but it was going to cost about £98 for us to go, that's without a programme,drinks and food. I noticed on Sky that the grounds seem half empty, which doesn't surprise me if admission prices are like at Leeds.

At town its £13 if you pre purchase and £15 in the door. Kids are 3 quid but today they let kids in for free of they were colours of there local team

1 hour ago, Rhinoferg said:

Been a Leeds fan for 30 years, despite the fact that the team currently is not doing well the price of admission seems to rise every season ( I know Headingley refurbishment needs paying for somehow lol). What do other teams charge for admission. I wanted to take the family but it was going to cost about £98 for us to go, that's without a programme,drinks and food. I noticed on Sky that the grounds seem half empty, which doesn't surprise me if admission prices are like at Leeds.

It’s £24 at Leeds, considering the money spent on the stadium and compared to other Super League clubs that’s reasonable, obviously our on field performances have been poor. Season tickets are good value, especially for family tickets, kids are virtually free. Half season tickets are now available. 

For Hull FC

£26 for the reserved seats in South and East stand, £24 for the ones on the periphery. Kids tickets are £10 I think, occasionally we take my nephew but he's really not that fussed anymore. 

So I guess that would be £72 for 2+2

The season ticket equivalents are £19.28/£18.57 (East stand is more expensive than centre of South and South and East on the outer ends are £17.50/game. Kids season passes are £80 equiv to £5.71/game

Whilst I understand you want to encourage season passes, personally I think there's too big a gap for match day tickets, especially since the actual cost to the club is virtually nil as it's more to buy a physical ticket AND much harder to buy than printing a ticket yourself. Also season ticket holders (called full memberships by the club) get to buy £5 tickets for two other people for the odd game.

I did buy a general membership for two seasons which got you a small discount off match day tickets as I find it hard to get up for Thursday/Fridays that often so I've been limited to about 6 league games and a cup game or two (though not this season sadly). It really wasn't worth paying £45 up front to get the benefits that I would rarely get chance to use and about £24 worth of match ticket discounts.

I know it's a couple of levels below Super League but me, the wife and our son hold season tickets at Newcastle Thunder which cost £250 for the 3 of us (£120 per adult and £10! for the bairn). Great value and we've seen some very entertaining games this season.

Fingers crossed if we get promoted I'd like to think that they'll continue with the affordable pricing because they're currently attracting loads of new faces to the sport and there's lots of momentum there and potential for lots more growth.

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s £24 at Leeds, considering the money spent on the stadium and compared to other Super League clubs that’s reasonable, obviously our on field performances have been poor. Season tickets are good value, especially for family tickets, kids are virtually free. Half season tickets are now available. 

Due to work commitments it's not as often I get to games these days,but when I saw the Catalans game on a Sunday I went onto the website to price up tickets,the website was limited and not the best at giving me ticket options,there was no option for child prices just if I wanted to stand in the South stand it would be £24 each for 4 of us. My son has a disability and couldn't stand so we would have to sit, cheapest there was £32. I would assume to get other prices I would have to contact the ticket office. I can still remember the days where you could go to any game without a ticket lol

Cheaper than a night at Leeds Grand Theatre,Cheaper than an afternoon at Leeds Festival,Cheaper than a meal in Leeds City,Cheaper than a game of cricket at Headingley.

I see it was your first post under a new identity,what a surprise!

I've got an Hull fc season pass and i think it's good value. £260 (if I remember rightly) for 14 games and extras such as discount on jersey, cheap tickets for certain games, discounted magic and cup tickets, members only events such as signings and the like, access to members bar before games (which I don't take advantage of but its an option). Can't remember if we got the fob this year (mainly cos I don't use it) but if we did it can be used at a number of restaurants and shops around the city to get discounts on stuff there. It's great value! 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've got an Hull fc season pass and i think it's good value. £260 (if I remember rightly) for 14 games and extras such as discount on jersey, cheap tickets for certain games, discounted magic and cup tickets, members only events such as signings and the like, access to members bar before games (which I don't take advantage of but its an option). Can't remember if we got the fob this year (mainly cos I don't use it) but if we did it can be used at a number of restaurants and shops around the city to get discounts on stuff there. It's great value! 

But Hull are rubbish at home so the value for money is as poor as the team are

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Cheaper than a night at Leeds Grand Theatre,Cheaper than an afternoon at Leeds Festival,Cheaper than a meal in Leeds City,Cheaper than a game of cricket at Headingley.

A day at Headingley to watch cricket will cost an adult £18 for a Championship or One Day match and £19 for a T20 match, children are £5 at all matches. OAP's get in for £10 or £12.

Price of live entertainment is totally distorted now. Its not just RL. My first Glastonbury was £21 and a pint was about £1.50, in todays terms Glastonbury  is £240 so a pint should be £16. I used to take non league watching mates to Central Park in the 80's 90's, hard to get a neutral to stump up £30 now.

A comparison between the sport and others are always a good indicator on where we sit cost wise. I imagine if this plus a comparison between the price rise of RL vs those other sports since let’s say 2000 would also be useful. My “money” is on RL been cheap and well-priced.

3 hours ago, cookey said:

Thats a thing I think some fans really miss. 

Leeds have been very reasonably priced for a while now and this seasons increase is the first in ages.

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

A comparison between the sport and others are always a good indicator on where we sit cost wise. I imagine if this plus a comparison between the price rise of RL vs those other sports since let’s say 2000 would also be useful. My “money” is on RL been cheap and well-priced.

This.

Even taking a family of 4 to the cinema costs £50 these days.

15 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I would tend to agree. Although I would add the caveat that most one of the major problems having Cas and Wakefield in the top flight is that 50 quid for 2 standing adult tickets in decrepit facilities is taking the mick a little. Especially when clubs with significantly better facilities in the same league charge similar or in some cases lower prices.

I think the main thing has to be "are you satisfied?" after the end of the day. At most SL clubs you probably are. To add a bit of perspective to this - to sit in seats on the top tier of the new Emerald stand for the England cricket game last Friday (so great views behind the bowlers arm, comfortable seats, but nothing corporate or anything like that) were 175quid a piece. Now I thought that was ridiculous, but the stand was packed. In comparison I don't think the RL is too bad!

You'll always have people who complain about ticket prices, no matter what you offer them - anyone remember the dude who threw a massive strop on here because he was asked to pay £10 to watch a RLWC game a few years back?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 minute ago, nadera78 said:

You'll always have people who complain about ticket prices, no matter what you offer them - anyone remember the dude who threw a massive strop on here because he was asked to pay £10 to watch a RLWC game a few years back?

Wasn't it the £2.50 booking fee that tipped him over the edge? ?

1 minute ago, Southstander13 said:

Wasn't it the £2.50 booking fee that tipped him over the edge? ?

Yeah, £7.50 for a ticket was fine, but adding that fee was completely unacceptable. Unbelievable really. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

43 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

This.

Even taking a family of 4 to the cinema costs £50 these days.

That's not entirely true given it's quite easy to get hold of reduced price cinema tickets through bank accounts and the like. Took my other half and our lad to watch Toy Story 4 yesterday for the grand total of £15, less than what it would have cost for one adult to go to Dewsbury v Leigh (and Dewsbury are very reasonably priced at £16 terracing to be fair)

6 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

Due to work commitments it's not as often I get to games these days,but when I saw the Catalans game on a Sunday I went onto the website to price up tickets,the website was limited and not the best at giving me ticket options,there was no option for child prices just if I wanted to stand in the South stand it would be £24 each for 4 of us. My son has a disability and couldn't stand so we would have to sit, cheapest there was £32. I would assume to get other prices I would have to contact the ticket office. I can still remember the days where you could go to any game without a ticket lol

It’s frustrating and poor when clubs don’t have easy to use online ticket services. 

Junior tickets are from £12 and concession from £16. With your sons disability he may be entitled to a free carer’s ticket. It might be worth calling the ticket office. Below is from the rhinos website.

Disabled purchasers are entitled to a concession rate if proof of disability is provided and entitled to a free carer ticket upon production of carer allowance entitlement letter.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That's not entirely true given it's quite easy to get hold of reduced price cinema tickets through bank accounts and the like. Took my other half and our lad to watch Toy Story 4 yesterday for the grand total of £15, less than what it would have cost for one adult to go to Dewsbury v Leigh (and Dewsbury are very reasonably priced at £16 terracing to be fair)

If those were the two options I'd go to toy story 4 every time! 

Archived