Batley v Toronto

Batley Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The embarrassment of english and auz players faces during national anthems never let up. It's rugby league played in Toronto and I'm sure if they don't get a gig in super league this time argyles purse strings may quiver

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

6 hours ago, 9' oller said:

The embarrassment of english and auz players faces during national anthems never let up. It's rugby league played in Toronto and I'm sure if they don't get a gig in super league this time argyles purse strings may quiver

don't worry about us mate..we'll be just fine..

No worry here kidda it's just that we've all been here for donkeys years and seen folk go all out then literally send begging buckets out amongst stand.

The novelty has worn off

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Yep the novelty has worn off, it's just another fixture against a alledged Canadian team when it's just a mixture of british/Australian players that star in the championship but not good enough for the top class super League/Australia NRL. Perhaps they should go off and create there own American/Canadian League with Canadian and American players which would be a boost for International rl.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Anyone really believe the bunff about trials and American footballers try out in the early days? I did and even if they had 3 bona fide canadians playing it would a warrant national anthem.

Jealous or dubious? I know one thing just 5 "wolfpack" players would fund the whole of batleys playing staff!

Nobbys and mcdermotts pension pot also took a nice credit no doubt

16 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Anyone really believe the bunff about trials and American footballers try out in the early days? I did and even if they had 3 bona fide canadians playing it would a warrant national anthem.

Jealous or dubious? I know one thing just 5 "wolfpack" players would fund the whole of batleys playing staff!

Nobbys and mcdermotts pension pot also took a nice credit no doubt

5 hours ago, 9' oller said:

No worry here kidda it's just that we've all been here for donkeys years and seen folk go all out then literally send begging buckets out amongst stand.

The novelty has worn off

Do I sense a tinge of jealousy in your posts?   Don't worry about how we are doing things in Toronto.... this is none of your concern.  Paddle your own kayak.   You would be well advised to get ready...a storm is coming your way...the Canadians are coming...The Canadians Are Coming! 

You've been warned.

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Do I sense a tinge of jealousy in your posts?   Don't worry about how we are doing things in Toronto.... this is none of your concern.  Paddle your own kayak.   You would be well advised to get ready...a storm is coming your way...the Canadians are coming...The Canadians Are Coming! 

You've been warned.

All twenty of them ! 

1 minute ago, The General Pat said:

All twenty of them ! 

Wait until you see what just 13 of us do to you on the pitch!  Throw in a couple of subs and the 'Mean Machine' will be in full gear.

Prepare, stock up on essential supplies, know the whereabouts of your women....The Canadians are coming for ya!

25 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Wait until you see what just 13 of us do to you on the pitch!  Throw in a couple of subs and the 'Mean Machine' will be in full gear.

Prepare, stock up on essential supplies, know the whereabouts of your women....The Canadians are coming for ya!

??

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

47 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Your missing the point, they ain’t Canadians on the pitch though, just old S/L and NRL players looking for an easy pension 

31 minutes ago, The General Pat said:

Your missing the point, they ain’t Canadians on the pitch though, just old S/L and NRL players looking for an easy pension 

You don't get to pick who is a Canadian and who is not a Canadian!...that is up to us, over here, across the vast Atlantic Ocean....as far as everyone over here we have given them honourary Canadian citizenship and they represent our country when abroad....look at our new jerseys on display this weekend.  Stand quietly and respect our anthem and flag at the beginning of the game....you have been given a gift.  You may sing along if you wish.

Every Wolfpack player wears the Maple Leaf with pride and honour....

Its the Canadian Timber Wolf, in his prime, versus the old tired English Bulldog this weekend.

Make no doubt that it is Canada vs. England...we are ready...THE CANADIANS ARE COMING FOR YA!!!!!!

1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

??

You still have a chance...the game has yet to be played.  The final bell has not went yet but its not looking good for you if you give up before you even start.

The final bell of the Wolfpack game is not the end for you....there will be another day.  Keep the faith.

The day I am jealous of teams like Toronto I will abandon rugby league. Apart from when Toronto play Batley I would not cross the road to watch the Aussie/British over paid mercanries. Can not imagine that Toronto will reach there 10th anniversary in the rugby league.

12 minutes ago, ernieone said:

The day I am jealous of teams like Toronto I will abandon rugby league. Apart from when Toronto play Batley I would not cross the road to watch the Aussie/British over paid mercanries. Can not imagine that Toronto will reach there 10th anniversary in the rugby league.

A very positive attitude on display there.  Guess we will have no choice but to run the score up on ya then.

Not sure if kayakman screams arrogance or enthusiasm. 2 sides to story.

1. Expansions and delusions of grandeur. Money... if it's pocket change to argyle then good on you but pay your dues and rise slowly with integrity

2. Let's play let's pretend. We are Canada. We are gonna conquer a competition that we've been in 4 years with our Canadian cents and mounties. 

Like ernie says toronto too good for "our" championship part time men whilst your journeyman appear to be surplus to super league squads.

You talk about "your" players like they are new captures and we've never seen them play before. Many we've seen from scrawny teenagers develop to the class they are.

I'll let you into a secret. Sonny Bill is damn good like lots of capped nrl players. Can you sign 30 players of his calibre that have never left the climes of auz, south pacific....

3 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Not sure if kayakman screams arrogance or enthusiasm. 2 sides to story.

1. Expansions and delusions of grandeur. Money... if it's pocket change to argyle then good on you but pay your dues and rise slowly with integrity

2. Let's play let's pretend. We are Canada. We are gonna conquer a competition that we've been in 4 years with our Canadian cents and mounties. 

Like ernie says toronto too good for "our" championship part time men whilst your journeyman appear to be surplus to super league squads.

You talk about "your" players like they are new captures and we've never seen them play before. Many we've seen from scrawny teenagers develop to the class they are.

I'll let you into a secret. Sonny Bill is damn good like lots of capped nrl players. Can you sign 30 players of his calibre that have never left the climes of auz, south pacific....

No arrogance on this end, just a will to win.  We won't be pushed around.

1.  We have payed our dues and will earn our way, just like everyone else.   There does seem to be an inherent prejudice against our team though; I guess its just an irrational  fear of a foreigners.

2.  We are in the process of doing just that.

3.  We are part of the Championship...this 'us' versus 'them' has play but we are part of the entire scheme in truth.

4.  Of course you have,  we are all in this together.   I think its great that these men have had an opportunity to 'make it' with Toronto and earn a good living playing rugby.  Don't you?

5.  We haven't signed Sonny Bill yet...but the Club is on the way up no doubt.  

So Toronto will win, not rocket science to work that out but its a hollow victory. As far as respect for the Canadian National Anthem perhaps if there is any one from Canada in attendance they might but the rest of us it will just be get it over with and lets get on with the game. 

34 minutes ago, ernieone said:

So Toronto will win, not rocket science to work that out but its a hollow victory. As far as respect for the Canadian National Anthem perhaps if there is any one from Canada in attendance they might but the rest of us it will just be get it over with and lets get on with the game. 

There will be many, many, hundreds of thousands  of Canadians watching on TV (I will be one of them)...some will be there in person.   I don't think you have a strong belief in your team if you think they will lose before the first whistle....the battle appears to be half won already.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't think you have a strong belief in your team if you think they will lose before the first whistle....the battle appears to be half won already.

I think ernieone will miss out on selection this week, so his views shouldn't affect the other player's outlook.

Archived