Batley v Toronto

Batley Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya Bob, RobertAM and gang, sorry I can't be with you, I am in sunny Belgium enjoying the booze, I am following the match on t'internet.

Not a bad game to watch that. I thought we scored two good trys against a very polished Toronto team. I thought the score flattered them a little, but we were never going to get close tbh. I thought the young ref was way out of his depth at this level contradicting his own decisions. Thankfully he had no impact on the result

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Despite some huff and puff and a number of workmanlike performances,  the Bulldogs never showed enough speed or inventiveness in attack, nor resilience in defence.

It's a very simple game.....run hard, run straight, back up and tackle. Have we mastered any of them to trouble the teams above?

3 games in 10 days for a team which doesn't have any or very little wriggle room on squad rotation, I personally, for once, don't think we have a lot to complain about. Well suited with a score difference at Widnes and a deserved win at York.

The Bradford score? Is there a more corrupt sport In the world? Full time teams against part time teams, obsession with promoting Toronto, then results like this? No wonder the game is on its knees. 

I thought Batley played well today and gave it all they had.  Nice kicking game which got some results...can't fault the effort form the Bulldogs...good game.

Yes please..

Image2.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

36 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Sorry rph it's not for you it's for Canadian rugged.

I wondered about that.....you need to ask him on the Toronto forum....it was a cut and paste job from there...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

On 30/06/2019 at 13:07, RobertAM said:

Really like the matchday program..cheers!

Glad you do Robert. I'm a bit put out by the birthday wishes posted amongst the historic photos. Think John Miller is trying to say something about my age. 

I'll be having a word. HA HA .

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived