Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Kevin Sinfield

Championship Play Offs

With the Championship Play Offs not too far away and them now deciding who will be promoted to Super League it got me thinking about dual registration and loans.

In the previous Super 8 play offs, dual registration and loans were not allowed if it meant swapping between clubs, a player had to stay with the same club throughout the whole Super 8’s play off. 

Personally I think in the play offs with so much riding on them, a club should only be allowed to field their own players. If they do use Super League players, dual registration should certainly be stopped and it be loan players only. What are the rules and have they even been decided yet?

16 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With the Championship Play Offs not too far away and them now deciding who will be promoted to Super League it got me thinking about dual registration and loans.

In the previous Super 8 play offs, dual registration and loans were not allowed if it meant swapping between clubs, a player had to stay with the same club throughout the whole Super 8’s play off. 

Personally I think in the play offs with so much riding on them, a club should only be allowed to field their own players. If they do use Super League players, dual registration should certainly be stopped and it be loan players only. What are the rules and have they even been decided yet?

Don’t any DR players have to have played a certain number of games for the junior partner to be eligible for the play offs? This stops clubs loading their team with players who wouldn’t normally be used for DR just for the play offs.

• Like 6

rldfsignature.jpg

After the end of season deadline DR players who have played 4 or more games for their DR club (on DR or otherwise) may play for both their parent and DR club. DR players who have played less than 4 games for their DR club can only play for 1 of the 2 clubs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Thankfully you don`t get to rule on that Jean Capdouze ! 😉

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh will be fielding their own players. So can’t comment.

Just now, SL17 said:

Thats not the Play Offs..

I know. But it is mood music.

• Like 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

35 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

I know. But it is mood music.

15 core players with 2 from Saints. One of which will probably be staying with us. The nutmeg opening poster is lost in paradise.

can you imagine if leigh beat toronto in the play off final and then replace leeds in super league.come on derek lad get 5 aussies over on short term contracts for the play offs

1 minute ago, Bcfc2014 said:

I see the Leigh fans are getting over confident again like in 2015 and 2018.

To be fair leytherz did say if not when Leigh replace Leeds.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 hours ago, clogdance said:

Our mate Sir Kev is getting worried....😜

Even with their short term signings, Leigh are not as strong as Toronto or Toulouse.

I expect all clubs with promotion hopes will make more signings and/or bring in players on loan/dual registration. The competition would have more integrity if this wasn’t allowed at the late stages of season. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Even with their short term signings, Leigh are not as strong as Toronto or Toulouse.

I expect all clubs with promotion hopes will make more signings and/or bring in players on loan/dual registration. The competition would have more integrity if this wasn’t allowed at the late stages of season. 

It isn't allowed, so problem solved. 

On 25/06/2019 at 09:13, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

So very predictable

Dont you want to join the 'throng' in your Leigh slagathon about clubs actually signing there own (and in Leighs case past players who apparently were badly treated).  Actually though you probably have but I must have scrolled past your posts

Edited by DemonUK

Here we go again .....

47 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Winner of 1st v winner (2nd v 3rd) at home 

So Toronto 

Or Toulouse or York or Leigh or Sheffield.

• Haha 1

rldfsignature.jpg