Championship Play Offs

With the Championship Play Offs not too far away and them now deciding who will be promoted to Super League it got me thinking about dual registration and loans.

In the previous Super 8 play offs, dual registration and loans were not allowed if it meant swapping between clubs, a player had to stay with the same club throughout the whole Super 8’s play off. 

Personally I think in the play offs with so much riding on them, a club should only be allowed to field their own players. If they do use Super League players, dual registration should certainly be stopped and it be loan players only. What are the rules and have they even been decided yet?

16 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With the Championship Play Offs not too far away and them now deciding who will be promoted to Super League it got me thinking about dual registration and loans.

In the previous Super 8 play offs, dual registration and loans were not allowed if it meant swapping between clubs, a player had to stay with the same club throughout the whole Super 8’s play off. 

Personally I think in the play offs with so much riding on them, a club should only be allowed to field their own players. If they do use Super League players, dual registration should certainly be stopped and it be loan players only. What are the rules and have they even been decided yet?

Don’t any DR players have to have played a certain number of games for the junior partner to be eligible for the play offs? This stops clubs loading their team with players who wouldn’t normally be used for DR just for the play offs.

rldfsignature.jpg

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Thankfully you don`t get to rule on that Jean Capdouze ! ?

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

10 hours ago, clogdance said:

Our mate Sir Kev is getting worried....?

Even with their short term signings, Leigh are not as strong as Toronto or Toulouse.

I expect all clubs with promotion hopes will make more signings and/or bring in players on loan/dual registration. The competition would have more integrity if this wasn’t allowed at the late stages of season. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Even with their short term signings, Leigh are not as strong as Toronto or Toulouse.

I expect all clubs with promotion hopes will make more signings and/or bring in players on loan/dual registration. The competition would have more integrity if this wasn’t allowed at the late stages of season. 

It isn't allowed, so problem solved. 

On 25/06/2019 at 09:13, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

???????????????????????????????????????????????

So very predictable

Dont you want to join the 'throng' in your Leigh slagathon about clubs actually signing there own (and in Leighs case past players who apparently were badly treated).  Actually though you probably have but I must have scrolled past your posts

Here we go again .....

3 hours ago, Manx RL said:

Does anyone know where the final will be played?

Should be at Headingley. Anybody know if Leeds are planning to revamp the Western Terrace ?

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I know, the fact that we are currently in the top 4 is fantastic stuff. Toulouse aren't as good as they were last season (consistency wise) and are bang average without Ford & Kheirallah. There is only one team getting promoted to SL, and they are based in Canada....and so they should with the shopping they have done in the last couple of years.

Archived