4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

The interest in the Leeds v HKR is not one of HKR possibly going down.  I am afraid for those fans, of HKR, the wider public do not care. It's a shame but there it is.

No; in the modern, Jeremy Kyle, world the "pulling wings of flies" interest is that of Leeds. The other way to look at it is the rubbernecking at an accdent.  There is a long word in German, that I cannot spell, that covers it... SKY will be expecting it's viewers to be drawn to the morbid fascination of Leeds possibly being relegated.

This may be not fair to Leeds, but it's matters not a jot to viewers if either Wigan or Saints win their game... Saints will finish top anyway and Wigan are only trying to climb out of mid table. 

(BTW. despite Wire busting a gut to big up their game this week, it's all the other matches that actually offer real meaning)

I think the word you’re looking for is schadenfreude.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

You could always get off your sofa and go to Saints, buy a ticket and watch it live marra.

Ha ha as a dyed in the wool Rhino "I don't think so", but i can appreciate a good game of the sport i love best!

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Agreed. Its a watershed moment though when this overtakes Saints v Wigan.

Only if it had been played at Oldham back in the good old days.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

The interest in the Leeds v HKR is not one of HKR possibly going down.

Eh?

"Oh yes it is!"

4 hours ago, Roy Haggerty said:

This is a bonkers decision.

"Oh no it isn't!"

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

But it is essentially a ' dead rubber ' even with the games left , Saints aren't being caught , Wigan could make 4th but are unlikely to be dragged into the relegation fight now 

Leeds-Rovers on the other hand is now a very big game , London obviously haven't read the script , naughty lads they are , so now it's game on 

Absolutely bang on.

(Apologies for no pantomime link hat trick with this post.)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Oddly enough, I think this will be the one game between the sides worth watching, as Lam is now getting something like the full potential out of the team. I agree, though, that Leeds HKR is a lot more interesting. From Sky’s perspectives, they still get one of the game’s 2 glamour clubs in Leeds, as opposed to Wigan, the other one, so there should still be plenty of viewers. 

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Eh?

"Oh yes it is!"

"Oh no it isn't!"

Absolutely bang on.

(Apologies for no pantomime link hat trick with this post.)

We are behind you!

Oh bum... beaten to it. Where is that banana skin...

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Oddly enough, I think this will be the one game between the sides worth watching, as Lam is now getting something like the full potential out of the team. I agree, though, that Leeds HKR is a lot more interesting. From Sky’s perspectives, they still get one of the game’s 2 glamour clubs in Leeds, as opposed to Wigan, the other one, so there should still be plenty of viewers. 

Correct.  I am glad you agree that Saints are not a glamour club.  They are just very naughty little boys.

Archived