Leigh game

UpTheRaiders

Havent seen the squad but I'd be playing;

Ritson

Ford Loxam spedding Carter

Johnston puara 

Riley marwood (blain believe his trail at town has finished) Hopkins (askam)

Emeslie (millom) smith

Toal

Walker 

Mossop (astin, millom)

Aspinwall 

Stephenson (dalton)

I'd play something like that incorporate some u19 and local amateurs not care about the score.

I really can't understand the call to virtually concede this game. We will be playing our strongest available team. The board, coaching staff and players all want to go to Wembley. I find it hard to believe the supporters don't. Leigh are playing some great stuff at the moment but we are going there to win. Winning is a habit and we are starting to like it.

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

55 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

Ritson

Johnston puara 

Emeslie (millom) smith

Toal

Walker 

Mossop (astin, millom)

Aspinwall 

Stephenson (dalton)

I'd play something like that incorporate some u19 and local amateurs not care about the score.

Have these 5 amateurs been training with the 1st team?

2 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Ritson

Johnston puara 

Emeslie (millom) smith

Toal

Walker 

Mossop (astin, millom)

Aspinwall 

Stephenson (dalton)

I thought I had read the Town programme against the Bears a couple of weeks ago that Marwood had signed for them?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

58 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

Yes all but Hopkins who is a BARLA front rower who I believe is looking for an opportunity 

Blain can’t have be training at Barrow if he’s had a trial at Town which has just finished?, I think it’s pretty pointless to play 5 lads who may have had a couple of sessions months ago and get thrown into action against a top Championship team away from home. Il be corrected but don’t amateurs have to sign a 4 week trial? If that was the case these lads arnt going to do that in the middle of the season with their community clubs as when would they get a run out?I’m with ‘the man’, it’s taken a few months for the lads to start gelling together so let’s keep the momentum going.  

Awkward conundrum isn't it? Play your best team, and burn them out for next weekend. (we don't want your run to carry on tomorrow, but you can start a new one next weekend, please!) Or field a weakened team and blow your best chance of a rare Wembley appearance?

For us, it's dead simple - we haven't got reserves to fall back on, so we are going with our strongest available squad.

6 hours ago, the man said:

I really can't understand the call to virtually concede this game. We will be playing our strongest available team. The board, coaching staff and players all want to go to Wembley. I find it hard to believe the supporters don't. Leigh are playing some great stuff at the moment but we are going there to win. Winning is a habit and we are starting to like it.

With the greatest respect and I'm sure you know the financial benefits of getting to Wembley and staying in the championship better tham me. If i am wrong and staying in the championship is less important than a trip to Wembley in a cup that wont exist in 5 years then you know better. For me playing some young lads and not risking our top players like susino, amean, ect is far more beneficial than going toe to toe with leigh when a full strength raiders side on Sunday have toulouse there for the taking which has become a target game. 

Interesting that the Our League app website listing for tonight's games doesn't indicate they are showing the York v Batley game. 

As the Cup is sponsored by Derek Beaumont's AB Sundeck's company one assumes he is looking to get through this round and have his semi final shown. 

Or am I just a conspiracy theorist? ☺ 

David Taylor

@750VFR

10 hours ago, Raider91 said:

For me playing some young lads and not risking our top players like susino, amean, ect is far more beneficial than going toe to toe with leigh when a full strength raiders side on Sunday

Off the top of my head there’s only really Ford & Loxam  who aren't getting regular games so there’s the only chance of rotation as there aren’t any others, S.Toal,Hulme?,Carter,Dallimore,Charnock,Mossy?,Minoga,Stack, White at least who didn’t play Sunday or won’t play tonight. Iv not seen tonight squad so a couple of the above names could be in.

Believe Brian Mcdermott once drew parallels between a rugby league game and his experience with boxing. 

He said you never, never step into a boxing ring thinking it's OK to lose. 

C'mon Barrow Raiders. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

Archived