Swinton at Home

Heywood Tiger

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the problems Hornets are gradually trying to improve and the long enforced absence at Crown Oil, this would be a huge kick in the proverbials for supporters, team and coach. Swinton will not be too unhappy - it’s close to Manchester!

I can't remember how much it cost Swinton to use the AJ Bell stadium but it wasn't cheap...……...I was looking forward to coming over to Rochdale - it will be a really intense game as both teams need to win and with the recent movement of players between our two clubs I am sure there will be plenty of passion. Lets hope it a good game.

1 hour ago, wayne_r said:

I can't remember how much it cost Swinton to use the AJ Bell stadium but it wasn't cheap...……...I was looking forward to coming over to Rochdale - it will be a really intense game as both teams need to win and with the recent movement of players between our two clubs I am sure there will be plenty of passion. Lets hope it a good game.

I would have though the bill for renting the AJ Bell will be passed on to the football club.

Sounds shambolic again from the football club 

Just hope Hornets can save as much face as possible by switching the game to Mayfield - we should still get a few on watching, enough to create an atmosphere 

This way Mayfield earn a few quid, game still in Rochdale etc 

AJ Bell would suit Swinton perfectly 

1 hour ago, Gavinr said:

by switching the game to Mayfield - we should still get a few on watching, enough to create an atmosphere

Agree -  why should we lose a ‘home’ fixture when there is a Rochdale alternative?   If the farce with the pitch should continue to mid-July, Toulouse could gain the local experience too.  As long as any Mayfield fans do not sport their blue and white colours!

3 hours ago, Gavinr said:

Just hope Hornets can save as much face as possible by switching the game to Mayfield - we should still get a few on watching, enough to create an atmosphere 

Spot on. Help that partnership between ourselves and mayfield as well! 

It is quite clear the current regime at Rochdale Football Club don't give a s**t about Hornets, unlike Chris Dunphy who at least tried to " build bridges" between our clubs. It seems the main protagonist at the football club is their Chief Executive Mr Bottomley, whom it appears has nothing but disdain for Hornets. It would be nice if we could stick two fingers up at him and share with Mayfield. Also can someone tell me what Mr Anon alias our own Chief Executive does?. Once again we are left with the farcical situation of our fans, sponsors and away supporters still not knowing where a game 3 days away is being played. Does he stand up for our club? or just boww to the whim and fancy of Rochdale Football Club?

Please tell me this is a joke??

Championship is professional standard rugby league not amateur and Mayfield is not even one of the better amateur facilities in the sport.

To even consider playing a crucial game at an amateur facility is laughable and as an outsider looking in sums up Rochdale as a club at the moment seemingly bouncing from one disaster to another and fast becoming an embarrassment to the sport at this level. 

I for one sincerely hope the RFL do not stoop so low as to allow something like this or the game really is in ruins and the integrity of the sport is shattered completely.

At a point in time when all the talk is about raising the profile of the sport at Championship level to make it attractive to sponsors and broadcast partners to take a game to a poor standard amateur facility that does not come anywhere close to meeting minimum standards would be disgraceful regardless of circumstances. 

You should either be made to find a suitable facility that meets professional standards and minimum standards or forfeit the two points. 

I really hope our club stand firm on this as if true it’s just not on at all and it’s not the first time this year away teams will have been messed about by Rochdale.

12 hours ago, Gavinr said:

Our pitch at Sale FC was unplayable for our Batley fixture last year. 

We had to rent the AJ Bell as it meets Championship standards and pay the cost of a ground suitable to host a professional contest. By getting round this obligation it could be argued you will damage the integrity of the game and therefore id expect our club and the governing body to object. 

If Rochdale can meet standards at Mayfield then good. I sincerely doubt they will so should either find a facility that does or forfeit the game.

Your as good as relegated but we still have a good chance of staying up.

Why should our players be made to play on a amateur field and why should we have to endure sub standard amateur facilities?

We will beat you on whatever ground it’s played that’s not the point here. The game had minimum standards for a reason and it’s a professional sport.

9 hours ago, RLfan99 said:

Spot on. Help that partnership between ourselves and mayfield as well! 

Yes let’s set a president and allow all clubs to use sub standard amateur facilities.

Swinton will play our next home game at Folly Lane and save thousands and build relationships ?

Its professional sport not amateur.

4 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Bloody hell touched a nerve there 

Anyway Im not concerned about Swinton and what they want, lets hope the club can get the game at Mayfield 

It’s not a case of what anyone wants rules and regulations are in place for a reason.

lets hope Rochdale aren’t allowed to breach that operational framework and lower the integrity and standards of a professional sport for the good of all.

47 minutes ago, Packer Spout said:

Yes clubs is in mess,, One week to AGM and then a new Board new people Ex Players and others. Get Paul back with new people like Tony. The people now have embarrassed everyone. Not one should be on new one. Also bring back others who got shoved out.

Tony who ? I'm not aware of any Tony's standing for election.

Archived