29-30 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 29th JUNE
Coventry Bears v Doncaster KO 3pm (OurLeague App)
London Skolars v Whitehaven KO 3pm

SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars KO 2.30pm
Oldham v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SATURDAY 29th JUNE
Coventry Bears 10 v 28 Doncaster
London Skolars 12 v 26 Whitehaven

SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
Newcastle Thunder 24 v 22 Workington Town
North Wales Crusaders 18 v 24 Keighley Cougars
Oldham 72 v 6 West Wales Raiders

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

SATURDAY 29th JUNE
Coventry Bears 10 v 28 Doncaster
London Skolars 12 v 26 Whitehaven

SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
Newcastle Thunder 24 v 22 Workington Town
North Wales Crusaders 18 v 24 Keighley Cougars
Oldham 72 v 6 West Wales Raiders

I hope you're wrong about Skolars but expect you won't be. Its going to be 31C on Sat in London so goodness knows what that will do.

My only disagreement with you is that I think NWC will win.

30 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

I hope you're wrong about Skolars but expect you won't be. Its going to be 31C on Sat in London so goodness knows what that will do.

I hope I'm wrong about Skolars too. A win would certainly make things close at the top but despite being up there they've still conceded more points than they've scored this season and I think Whitehaven will just be too much. I'm hopeful they can make the play offs and who knows what could happen then.

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 29th JUNE
Coventry Bears v Doncaster KO 3pm (OurLeague App)
London Skolars v Whitehaven KO 3pm

SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars KO 2.30pm
Oldham v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm

Coventry 14 - 32 Doncaster 

London S 16-28 Haven

Newcastle 54-10 Town 

NWC 18 - 14 Keighley 

Oldham 74-4 WWR 

1 hour ago, Berkshire Bronco said:

Stopping off at Cov v Donny on the way to Castleford. 

Looking forward to it, looks an odd ground. 

Hope you enjoy the game. Its a temporary ground while an AGP pitch is being laid at the Butts Park Arena. It's a tidy little ground with a small stand and an excellent pitch. 

Hoping the Bears can get back on track this week. There are some factors which will make the game hard to predict. Donny will be playing their 3rd game in 8 days I think while Bears have had a rest week. However Bears have a number of players unavailable due to the student 4 nations. With temps set to hit 30 degrees it's sure to be a humdinger of a game. 

9 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Rarely gets above 3 or 4oC in Cumbria.... I suspect the Haven players will melt

A word of caution for any Kighley fans travelling on Sunday, regarding possible traffic disruption.

If you are following satnav, you will probably be directed off the A483 at junction 6, which is being resurfaced over the next two weekends and may be closed (there is some confusion here as to whether it will be closed all weekend or just at night).

If it is closed, carry on to junction 5, and take the exit for Wrexham (A541). There are brown signs for Queensway after the football ground, also follow the signs for Nantwich (A534). After leaving the roundabout in front of Tesco, the next right turn into Montgomery Road leads to Queensway (signposted).

For the return journey, go back along Montgomery Road and turn left at the end of the road. Follow the signs for Mold (A541) until you pass the football ground, then follow the signs for Chester. If you follow the signs for Chester too soon, you will end up at the closed junction.

See you Sunday, have a safe journey.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

14 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Rarely gets above 3 or 4oC in Cumbria.... I suspect the Haven players will melt

Come here today , visiting tourists from Dubai are collapsing of heat stroke !

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Come here today , visiting tourists from Dubai are collapsing of heat stroke !

I went to Carlisle in the winter once and on a night out all the locals wore T-shirts as a kind of badge of honour..... It was - 2oC

I assume everyone walking around naked today? 

Didn’t want to start a new thread with this news so thought would post here  but just to say 46,000 people watched the Keighley v Skolars live stream match last week which is pretty good. 

On weather issues - with humidity current forecast is 37C on Sat in London - in all seriousness is that a safe temp to play rugby in? 

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread with this news so thought would post here  but just to say 46,000 people watched the Keighley v Skolars live stream match last week which is pretty good. 

On weather issues - with humidity current forecast is 37C on Sat in London - in all seriousness is that a safe temp to play rugby in? 

Seriously I wouldn’t have thought so . At the very least there’ll be drinks breaks but I’m sure the doctors and RL will be monitoring it

After our last 2 games ( last minute defeats by two very strong sides) I have to say I'm feeling confident. A couple of players back who were rested midweek, notably Watson Boas, and a couple of good quality DR replacements in Dean Hadley, Jack Brown and Keiron Buchanan. Coventry will certainly be fresher. Interchange needs to be effective. Won't be an easy one but hopeful of a win.

Bet the attendance for all of the games won't touch3,000 probably nearer 2,500 sad to say. RL at this level is dying on it's feet with no prospect of any resuscitation.

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

Hate to disappoint you but we are expecting close to if not over 1,000 again 

I allowed for 800 to 1000 in my figure for Thunder, still think I was being on the generous side for my prediction ?

17 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Not making light of it, but they manage it in N Qld, PNG, and it was touching 45 in the RL bits of France today.

On 28/06/2019 at 07:16, EssexRL said:

Watched it on my tablet in Canada which was a bonus. Was geoblocked from watching games on NowTV app.

Archived