29-30 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that. Coventry looked desperately unfit against a side that's played 3 games in a week so I'm dubious as to how good that opposition really was. Certainly a massive step down from Newcastle and Sheffield. West Wales next week is obviously good for our points difference and basically an opposed training session so shouldn't complain

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

Happy with that. Coventry looked desperately unfit against a side that's played 3 games in a week so I'm dubious as to how good that opposition really was. Certainly a massive step down from Newcastle and Sheffield. West Wales next week is obviously good for our points difference and basically an opposed training session so shouldn't complain

Not a great performance from the Bears today but they had a number of players missing. Just couldn't get into the game. Made it too easy for Doncaster today but both of your PNG players were awesome today 

6 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Not a great performance from the Bears today but they had a number of players missing. Just couldn't get into the game. Made it too easy for Doncaster today but both of your PNG players were awesome today 

Boas is just ridiculous to watch at times, and Tali could have had 5 if not for passing it out.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

You will still be using at least 2 Super League players from Hull FC on dual reg,and Boas,on loan,from a high-riding Championship side.

You won convincingly today but Coventry didn't have home advantage,by playing in Rugby,and they have just lost their half-back to Newcastle,as well as some representing their country,up in Scotland.

Still,always nice to notice Doncaster followers when they aren't complaining.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

You won convincingly today but Coventry didn't have home advantage,by playing in Rugby,and they have just lost their half-back to Newcastle,as well as some representing their country,up in Scotland.

We haven't gone to Rugby just yet but were half the way there at Broadstreet RU again.

Apart from doing to Workington what Donnie did to us today, it hasn't been the happiest of temporary homes. On the hottest day of the year our hosts couldn't even run the bar properly. 

Was surprised at the lack of bar staff... But got served quickly at the taps at the bar. 

Fair play to the two teams managing to play the game in that heat. I could barely walk up the steps. Thought cov played OK but just died away in the second half. Decent tick. 

16 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

You will still be using at least 2 Super League players from Hull FC on dual reg,and Boas,on loan,from a high-riding Championship side.

Still,always nice to notice Doncaster followers when they aren't complaining.

You imply that there's something wrong with that. Don't know whether you noticed but Beharrell (possibly the best scrum half in the division) went off after 15 minutes. We've missed last seasons player of the year (Brad England) for the entire season. Matty Chrimes has been away on England duty. No Keiron Cross, Frankie Mariano, Brandon Wilkinson, Brandon Douglas, Jordan Howden. Take that number of quality players out of any side and they will struggle. The fair thing to do I suppose would have been to turn up with 12 players. You're right. Unscrupulous Donny should be deducted points for daring to beat brave Coventry.

4 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

You imply that there's something wrong with that. Don't know whether you noticed but Beharrell (possibly the best scrum half in the division) went off after 15 minutes. We've missed last seasons player of the year (Brad England) for the entire season. Matty Chrimes has been away on England duty. No Keiron Cross, Frankie Mariano, Brandon Wilkinson, Brandon Douglas, Jordan Howden. Take that number of quality players out of any side and they will struggle. The fair thing to do I suppose would have been to turn up with 12 players. You're right. Unscrupulous Donny should be deducted points for daring to beat brave Coventry.

I didn't imply there was something wrong with that - it is within the regs.

I think I may be right if I predict a win for Doncaster at West Wales Raiders,next week.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

23 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

Nowt wrong in speaking the truth?

Entertaining afternoon in Wrexham with the Cru coming away with a 2 tries to 1 win. Both sides evenly matched with good defences, but the Cru just had the slight edge in attack when it mattered. I reckon that anyone who'd just wandered in without any particular loyalties would have gone home satisfied that they'd had their money's worth.  The Keighley supporters weren't that happy about some aspects of the refereeing, but are any of us when our team loses? 315 of us there on a nice sunny afternoon with a bit of a breeze (both KOs at the start of each half when dead in the opposite goal) and I got a quite unexpected birthday card  (67, if you must be nosey) which was nice.

1 minute ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Entertaining afternoon in Wrexham with the Cru coming away with a 2 tries to 1 win. Both sides evenly matched with good defences, but the Cru just had the slight edge in attack when it mattered. I reckon that anyone who'd just wandered in without any particular loyalties would have gone home satisfied that they'd had their money's worth.  The Keighley supporters weren't that happy about some aspects of the refereeing, but are any of us when our team loses? 315 of us there on a nice sunny afternoon with a bit of a breeze (both KOs at the start of each half when dead in the opposite goal) and I got a quite unexpected birthday card  (67, if you must be nosey) which was nice.

Two good, evenly matched teams Steve and I think we need the thank crusaders defence for the win. A good advert for league one.

Happy birthday mate

Another terrific display from Thunder. We blew Workington away in the 1st half! Eased off a bit at the start of the 2nd and then finished very strongly towards the end.

The mistakes that blighted the first part of the season seem to have been ironed out and recruitment has been excellent. 

Another 1k+ crowd there yesterday (1,077) and a real feel good factor around the place!

On 28/06/2019 at 22:01, Clogiron said:

Bet the attendance for all of the games won't touch3,000 probably nearer 2,500 sad to say. RL at this level is dying on it's feet with no prospect of any resuscitation.

Total publish attendences for the five games: 2,772 and thats with Newcastle posting 1000+. So just how are these clubs going to survive when their big brother's withdraw their megre funding?  Anybody got any answers?

On 28/06/2019 at 22:01, Clogiron said:

Bet the attendance for all of the games won't touch3,000 probably nearer 2,500 sad to say. RL at this level is dying on it's feet with no prospect of any resuscitation.

6 hours ago, Jimbo78 said:

Another terrific display from Thunder. We blew Workington away in the 1st half! Eased off a bit at the start of the 2nd and then finished very strongly towards the end.

The mistakes that blighted the first part of the season seem to have been ironed out and recruitment has been excellent. 

Another 1k+ crowd there yesterday (1,077) and a real feel good factor around the place!

Enjoyed my day out at Thunder. Few beers, dominant performance, I'll definitely be back.

Archived