30 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

21 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

You got evidence of that? If so, please send it to the club.

Aside from a few fat lads taking their shirts off and waving them in the air, nothing happened (that I saw) that I would call dickheaderry.  Either inside or outside. 

Only trouble it seems were those same lads sitting down in front of cars and spitting at the cars trying to goad the fans out of the cars. Other than that a little bit of singing about "the spastic Halifax fax Dave Singer". The sad thing for the normal Fev fans is that it seems to be becoming a regular occurrence.

Oh there was the twitter thing as well with one of your fans. I won't post it on here because its in very bad taste and probably just brings the person in question the attention he craves.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the game itself it was a decent game between two teams that looked out of form, no surprise given Halifax's results but a bit of a surprise with Fev on the back of just 1 recent loss. I saw Fev at the Bash and said they were the 2nd best team in the league and expected them to win this game quite comfortably but the reality was they never looked like scoring from anywhere outside our 10 metre line which surprised me. What didn't surprise me was that we conceded 4 tries in that area of the pitch as our defence there this season has been shocking. Other than that from a Fax point of view we put together 25 minutes of decent rugby which is a massive improvement on recent weeks but still nowhere near what we should be producing and some of our players need a good hard look in the mirror over their contributions this season.

Above post.Oxy if you think FEV were out of form yesterday you should have seen us against Barrow and Dewsbury.I thought it was one of our best displays of the season against a FAX side who had a real go.Admit we didn't create a lot from far out but Holmes was missing at Half Back and he is a  playmaker.It was left to Chissy to move the ball round and for the third week on the trot he took hit after passing the ball or kicking(on report this time}.I enjoyed the game and to be fair for 95% of the game we never looked like getting beat.Thought the FAX number 7 was the stand out player on the field for what it is worth.

I thought Fax defended well.  And when they levelled from 18-6 to 18 each I thought they would win. Towards the end I was shouting for a drop goal in order to avoid the hideous golden point.  But the ball came back and we scored a try.  Very evenly matched sides.  The Fev fans sitting in the road will do nothing but give the side a bad name.  Like the Fev fans ####### in the sinks at Odsal when the urinals were available.  No need for it.  Drink is the answer I'm afraid.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Only trouble it seems were those same lads sitting down in front of cars and spitting at the cars trying to goad the fans out of the cars. Other than that a little bit of singing about "the spastic Halifax fax Dave Singer". The sad thing for the normal Fev fans is that it seems to be becoming a regular occurrence.

Oh there was the twitter thing as well with one of your fans. I won't post it on here because its in very bad taste and probably just brings the person in question the attention he craves.

Didn't see that, although I was about 20 yards in front of the bunch of young lads I assume you mean.  

Seen the tweet about David Singer about 10 minutes ago.  Pretty vile wasn't it?  The account had been removed and rightly so.

12 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Yes, I got two wrong.

Today was the 1000th try in the Championship, and before some loonie asks me who scored it, I do not have the times.

On the topic of tries

Toronto 132, Toulouse 100, Sheffield 91, Featherstone 89, Leigh 80, York & Widnes 76, Bradford & Swinton 70, Halifax 64, Batley 58, Barrow 57, Dewsbury 51, Rochdale 47.

Bump for edit

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I thought Fax defended well.  And when they levelled from 18-6 to 18 each I thought they would win. Towards the end I was shouting for a drop goal in order to avoid the hideous golden point.  But the ball came back and we scored a try.  Very evenly matched sides.  The Fev fans sitting in the road will do nothing but give the side a bad name.  Like the Fev fans ####### in the sinks at Odsal when the urinals were available.  No need for it.  Drink is the answer I'm afraid.

We don't have golden point in league games.

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

We don't have golden point in league games.

I must admit I didn't know that.  I do know we lost to Bulls on golden point. I didn't realise the rules for the Championship were different to SL. TBH I think it's a stupid way to decide games.  No doubt like all the other stupid ideas it came from Oz. (I don't like the 40/20 either)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I must admit I didn't know that.  I do know we lost to Bulls on golden point. I didn't realise the rules for the Championship were different to SL. TBH I think it's a stupid way to decide games.  No doubt like all the other stupid ideas it came from Oz. (I don't like the 40/20 either)

Yeah the Bulls loss was in the Cup. I don't see the logic behind golden point myself either, but they do it in Oz so it must be right!

It was poignant to watch two former World Club Champions selecting part-time players before a crowd of less than 5000.

Hopefully, at some time in the future, both will be back with the big boys.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

21 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

It was poignant to watch two former World Club Champions selecting part-time players before a crowd of less than 5000.

Hopefully, at some time in the future, both will be back with the big boys.

At the end of the day you are both where you are down to your own actions. That's life I suppose.

Quite unBullieveable at Odsal.

Far from sure where that performance came from, though Widnes playing on Wednesday and then announcing going part-time before the game probably didn't help their cause. Bulls, who had Joe Keyes available for only the second time this season and Jy Hitchcox back on the wing for the first time since March, were very clinical and played at full pace all game, so credit where it's due.

It was certainly a game where we hoovered up all the good fortune, to be fair. Absolutely nothing went the way of the Chemics, whilst we seemed to catch everything, but I've rarely seen a good side, and Widnes are a good side, so ruthlessly put to the sword.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Didn't see that, although I was about 20 yards in front of the bunch of young lads I assume you mean.  

Seen the tweet about David Singer about 10 minutes ago.  Pretty vile wasn't it?  The account had been removed and rightly so.

Yeah not quite sure what goes on in peoples heads. What a world we live in when someone thinks a blind side attack on a totally blameless victim leaving them in a wheelchair is something to laugh and joke about. I love a bit of banter with the Fev fans as you know but these idiots end up tarring all the fans with the same brush.

54 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah not quite sure what goes on in peoples heads. What a world we live in when someone thinks a blind side attack on a totally blameless victim leaving them in a wheelchair is something to laugh and joke about. I love a bit of banter with the Fev fans as you know but these idiots end up tarring all the fans with the same brush.

Disgraceful and disgusting behaviour but surely any right minded person won't tar us all with the same brush?

Archived