30 Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 3pm

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/19 at 14:00

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Four teams on 14 points. The bottom’s getting tighter, in more ways than one. ?

Don't forget the playoffs.  Cas and Leeds play each other next week... and one of them has lose.

Went to the game because my lad played in the half time kids games.

I missed sections due to herding kids but Leeds looked pretty good to be honest. They quashed a potential Catalans comeback (after going 18-0 to 18-12) and finished them off. Lui seemed to work well and provide some attacking urgency. Catalans weren’t great but wouldn’t take anything away from Leeds from what I saw. 

I thought Leeds looked reasonable in the first half, with Lui looking composed. Our kicking game improved no end except when Myler had a go: although the rest of his game was better than recently.

We lost our shape after half time and for a good 20 minutes it looked like we'd thrown the good start away. Merrin came on and steadied things and Catalans never looked like scoring again. 

53 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

That’s called disappointment Rupe.

I'll do my best to add more excitement...

Assuming Leeds now move into championship form,  (?) who do they embarrass out of the top 5 chase?

3 hours ago, John Rhino said:

I thought Leeds looked reasonable in the first half, with Lui looking composed. Our kicking game improved no end except when Myler had a go: although the rest of his game was better than recently.

We lost our shape after half time and for a good 20 minutes it looked like we'd thrown the good start away. Merrin came on and steadied things and Catalans never looked like scoring again. 

It's amazing that so long into his Leeds career this is the first time Myler's been paired with another proper half back.

Hopefully it's not too late for him to start playing his own game at Leeds rather than covering for whichever joker we've stuck next to him.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I'll do my best to add more excitement...

Assuming Leeds now move into championship form,  (?) who do they embarrass out of the top 5 chase?

Championship form? They've been playing championship form most of this season 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

7 hours ago, John Rhino said:

We lost our shape after half time...

That happens to me if I go for refreshments too. ?

It's hard to judge the performance against a team so badly out of form. It is two points and they could be difference in which competition the Rhinos play in next year. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

The first 60 minutes was a typical Leeds performance this year. Start off like a house on fire, play some fast inventive rugby for the first 20 and get a decent lead. Then for the next 40 they lose the arm wrestle, and go into their shell, playing one out rugby. 

However, for once, we were able to see the game through. Certainly the composure and experience of Lui helped, along with Merrin coming back on. Lui helped free up Myler a bit and take some pressure off him, which helped his game too. We did seem to shoot ourselves in the foot less this game, with fewer penalties and dropped ball but not sure if that is backed up by the stats or just my perception. A step in the right direction for a game we had to win.

The real test will be Cas next week. Hopefully Ava will be back by then, along with Rhys Martin. 

5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The first 60 minutes was a typical Leeds performance this year. Start off like a house on fire, play some fast inventive rugby for the first 20 and get a decent lead. Then for the next 40 they lose the arm wrestle, and go into their shell, playing one out rugby. 

However, for once, we were able to see the game through. Certainly the composure and experience of Lui helped, along with Merrin coming back on. Lui helped free up Myler a bit and take some pressure off him, which helped his game too. We did seem to shoot ourselves in the foot less this game, with fewer penalties and dropped ball but not sure if that is backed up by the stats or just my perception. A step in the right direction for a game we had to win.

The real test will be Cas next week. Hopefully Ava will be back by then, along with Rhys Martin. 

There were still quite a few poor last tackle options, particularly near the Catalans line, but overall id agree with you. Lui was noticeably vocal throughout the game which was good to see, we need a bossy half to get us round the field. Thought Cuthbertson had a great game, best I've seen him for a while. Overall we just seemed much more composed, so to add Ward, Martin, Ava to come back into that team, and Lunt as an option at hooker, I'm feeling a little more optimistic!

Plus I took my little boy to his first ever game at Headingley yesterday so a happy day all round!

14 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

There were still quite a few poor last tackle options, particularly near the Catalans line, but overall id agree with you. Lui was noticeably vocal throughout the game which was good to see, we need a bossy half to get us round the field. Thought Cuthbertson had a great game, best I've seen him for a while. Overall we just seemed much more composed, so to add Ward, Martin, Ava to come back into that team, and Lunt as an option at hooker, I'm feeling a little more optimistic!

Plus I took my little boy to his first ever game at Headingley yesterday so a happy day all round!

Yeah Cuthbo did have the best game I’ve seen from him in ages, which was pleasing to see

Archived