John Drake

28 Jun: SL: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/19 at 18:45

Too many uncertainties to predict this one.

History says that we very rarely beat Wigan on their own turf, though we did beat them recently (last year?). Current form suggests a close game and home advantage might just be enough for Wigan. Add to the mix the loss of Rob Lui and it looks like a home banker, but our new half-back pairing may just click and win the game for us.

On balance, Wigan should win but this could go either way. Just to prove that I do have a heart, I'll let it rule my head and go for a Salford win by 10.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Clearly Id much prefer a Wigan win but a Salford win would be impressive. Just don't think they have the stamina. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

The Wigan march from the foot of the league table to the Grand Final to continue in earnest with a home win.

Either that or the Wigan walk to begin about 21:20 hrs.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

I think home advantage will be enough to see Wigan through. Just.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Wigan are a good team, and have a strong squad. Until the last 3 weeks, Lam was showing no sign of getting anything like the full potential out of the side. With Hankinson’s improvement as a dangerous right centre and good goal kicker we are far more potent across the park and more likely to turn 4 to 6.

Salford are a really good side and better coached. Momentum and being at home after forever on the road should allow us to shade it. And then we would be in the play off places... 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

double post 

am ignoring OF’s outrageous dig completely and utterly and will not stoop to responding at all not even a little bit 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

Wigan racking up the wins... Have they turned a corner and are going to compete for the GF now? 

52 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan racking up the wins... Have they turned a corner and are going to compete for the GF now? 

Wigan fans will hope so and most remaining games are at home. But the mid table is close and the bottom is close as well and could get closer by the end of the weekend!

• Thanks 1

Wigan were nowt special and Salford were ######. Northern Rail were worse than both of them put together and, to top it all, no programme. I wouldn't have taken a night off work if I had known.

9 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

We might make the playoffs. We’re so far off the pace of the top two it’s a joke to think we could make the final. 

Just looked at the table. I honestly can’t believe that we’re 4. We don’t deserve to be there. 

Edited by RidingPie

10 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Turned a corner, yes. The team is beginning to compensate for the talent and experience that has departed. Not serious contenders for a trophy this year, though.

• Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)