28 Jun: SL: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/19 at 18:45

Too many uncertainties to predict this one.

History says that we very rarely beat Wigan on their own turf, though we did beat them recently (last year?). Current form suggests a close game and home advantage might just be enough for Wigan. Add to the mix the loss of Rob Lui and it looks like a home banker, but our new half-back pairing may just click and win the game for us.

On balance, Wigan should win but this could go either way. Just to prove that I do have a heart, I'll let it rule my head and go for a Salford win by 10.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

The Wigan march from the foot of the league table to the Grand Final to continue in earnest with a home win.

Either that or the Wigan walk to begin about 21:20 hrs.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Wigan are a good team, and have a strong squad. Until the last 3 weeks, Lam was showing no sign of getting anything like the full potential out of the side. With Hankinson’s improvement as a dangerous right centre and good goal kicker we are far more potent across the park and more likely to turn 4 to 6.

Salford are a really good side and better coached. Momentum and being at home after forever on the road should allow us to shade it. And then we would be in the play off places... 

52 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan racking up the wins... Have they turned a corner and are going to compete for the GF now? 

Wigan fans will hope so and most remaining games are at home. But the mid table is close and the bottom is close as well and could get closer by the end of the weekend!

9 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan racking up the wins... Have they turned a corner and are going to compete for the GF now? 

We might make the playoffs. We’re so far off the pace of the top two it’s a joke to think we could make the final. 

Just looked at the table. I honestly can’t believe that we’re 4. We don’t deserve to be there. 

10 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Turned a corner, yes. The team is beginning to compensate for the talent and experience that has departed. Not serious contenders for a trophy this year, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived