28 Jun: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/19 at 18:45

Wakey are ###### at the  moment and their attack is a complete shambles. The brough and Miller partnership is by far the worst in the league especially now Leeds seem to have made improvements.

I know huddersfield are not playing well but surely they  have enough in them  to win. They are 13/8 to win which I believe is the best bet of this round.

Wakey by a Brough dg either in 80 mins or as gp.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I’ve put Wakey to win on the poll; more out of hope really.

Tupou’s back in the squad so hopefully that’s a boost but obviously may not be firing on all cylinders having been out. Great to have him back though...will give Hudds defence something to think about on that side as a minimum. 

Great news for Trinity this morning with Tupou and Lyne extending their contracts. Great to see Tupou back in the squad. If Fifita, Tupou and Brough are actually fit then I can see the team actually playing with a bit more vigour and confidence giving Trinity a close win. If we play like we have done lately Giants will win.

Trinity by 6

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Whoever loses this one will get sucked into the relegation battle 

They're both right in there already!

If Huddersfield and Leeds win this week, irrespective of other results; there will be  only two points covering the bottom 5 teams and only 6 points covering 3rd through 12th place!

All the talk has been about London, Leeds and KR being in a relegation fight and its starting to galvanise them all now.

Maybe its wishful thinking but I'm seriously thinking the fight will end up between Trinity and Giants as they've been looking up all season and when they get sucked in it's going to be too late to fix.

Massive massive game this one!

I've no horse in the race so good luck to the both of you. 

As I've said, we have never been out of it, we've been in and around the bottom 4 all season, we've been very inconsistent and we've lost games we should have won, twice against Wakefield and once at cas, had we won those, we could would have been 5th, but we didn't.

I think people tend to think we're in free fall like trinity are, but we haven't been high enough to fall!

9 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I've no horse in the race so good luck to the both of you. 

I've taken Shudds at 13/8 but I'll not mind if the horse falls at the 1st fence.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

25 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I've taken Shudds at 13/8 but I'll not mind if the horse falls at the 1st fence.

I think we both like a bet and have done the same.

I have also had a few quid on Wakey to finish bottom at 16/1  think they are nailed on from the goings on I am hearing. Can only see the sacking of Chester turning things around.

Honestly have no idea, I've plumbed for Hudds on the basis of form, Wakey can't buy a win atm, not sure how their injury crisis is going but they need to get a result to stop the slide and obvs Hudds want to keep out of the relegation fight.

Hudds win by 16 and they jump ahead of Wakey. Hudds lose and London win then London go 9th

Dominant performance from Trin. With the exception of Mason Caton Brown an all round good team performance.  Could easily have been 50.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 27/06/2019 at 20:54, meast said:

Giants have named the strongest squad we've managed all season, we've lost twice to the world class outfit that is wakefield so we definitely owe them.

Could be a nervous evening, we really need 2 points!

Well we certainly looked world class compare to you, should have been 50+ we were running rampant at the end.

Dominant second half and, yeah, ended up rampant. First half was a bit close for comfort. Randall’s try just before half time was key. 

Obviously a much needed win, great to watch in 2nd half. Fifita looked to be limping throughout the game (although his walking style is a bit like that anyway!). Let’s hope Broughy’s ok after seemingly injuring himself with a pen attempt. 

6 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Dominant second half and, yeah, ended up rampant. First half was a bit close for comfort. Randall’s try just before half time was key. 

Obviously a much needed win, great to watch in 2nd half. Fifita looked to be limping throughout the game (although his walking style is a bit like that anyway!). Let’s hope Broughy’s ok after seemingly injuring himself with a pen attempt. 

Think all three were taken off as a precaution, all were moving ok at the end.

9 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well we certainly looked world class compare to you, should have been 50+ we were running rampant at the end.

I agree it could and probably should have been 50, good job we weren't playing a team on top of their game and full of confidence!

What a shambles from a Giants POV, from kicking the kick off out on the full to half our team stood around admiring the architecture at belle Vue while Wakefield were runnings points up.

To be honest, I didn't think Wakefield did anything other than the basics well, the first half they got field position in our '20 on the back of penalties and stupid basic errors and capitalised on it, 2nd half they could have worn dinner suits and drunk champagne on ice.

Not trying to take anything away from Wakefield, they clearly were the better team , they got majority of the ref's calls their way and fully deserved the win, but our performance was not acceptable, too many players gave in in the end.

And had they been more composed it really would have been 50!

12 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Honestly have no idea, I've plumbed for Hudds on the basis of form, Wakey can't buy a win atm, not sure how their injury crisis is going but they need to get a result to stop the slide and obvs Hudds want to keep out of the relegation fight.

Hudds win by 16 and they jump ahead of Wakey. Hudds lose and London win then London go 9th

They didn't need to, we turned up and gifted them their form back, as our coach said.

Archived