27 Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/19 at 18:45

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I think the Robins will win this and also i think Hull FC would want the Robins to stay in Super League in preference to London for obvious reasons.

Sorry mate but personally I’d see Rovers relegated every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I’m sure there are others in the east who think very similarly.

rldfsignature.jpg

I obviously want us to win but i also do not want KR to go down. So if they win i will grin and bear it. Rather see Leeds get busted ?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Think this will be tighter than many would have predicted. Local Derby, Home Advantage, Relegation Battle v Top Five Tussle.

All to play for. Could be an epic of its type.

Airlee Bird says it is a "No Brainer", but then he would say that.........

IMG_9149.JPG

13 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I think the Robins will win this and also i think Hull FC would want the Robins to stay in Super League in preference to London for obvious reasons.

Economically, that may well be the case, but try telling the fans and players that.

13 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

there is as TFL mentions the nasty prospect of what's known as the old pals act coming into play here.

Not a chance, I'm not keen on saying this but, if Rervers do win, it will be on merit. Both Chairmen will be desperate for a win.

12 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Sorry mate but personally I’d see Rovers relegated every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I’m sure there are others in the east who think very similarly.

Indeed. Hull FC fans live all over the city.

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Agreed, couldn't care less about them being in super league, would much rather have London. 

That's the spirit!

I know I am often the voice of doom and gloom but, if ever a Hull derby was set up for a shock result, this one has the feel of it.

Having said that, I think we'll stuff them.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The only thing that worries me about this game is that Rovers need it more than we do. If we lose, then it's disappointing, but we would still be nicely placed in 3rd with plenty still to look forward to. Rovers however are starting to get desperate. If the game is close then I worry that they might just dig a bit deeper than us.

On the other hand, if we start fast and they start to feel sorry for themselves with their fans on their back then it could turn into a rout.

I'll be optimistic with my prediction:

KR 16 - 36 FC

Everything points to a Hull FC win and by plenty.

Smith will have been working hard on Rervers defense, so I expect the first 10 - 15 minutes to be nip and tuck. Once FC get into swing they’ll start running over, round and through them.

KR 8 v 41 Hull

P.S. Is Paddy Khan getting a run out?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

8 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Smith will have been working hard on Rervers defense, so I expect the first 10 - 15 minutes to be nip and tuck. Once FC get into swing they’ll start running over, round and through them.

KR 8 v 41 Hull

Paddy has failed a late fitness test and has been replaced by Jimmy Portz.

rldfsignature.jpg

19 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

KR 8 v 41 Hull

Wow that's an obscure reference. Paddy used to coach me a bit at Norland. I went to school with his lad.

52 minutes ago, Essai Machine said:

Is Kelly still carrying that knock he received in the Catalans game - will that have an effect on FC if he is ?

He is having a late fitness test. If he doesn't make it then Connor will go to 6 and I guess Griffin to centre (original plan will be to have him in the back row again I think).

Yes it will have an effect. He has been dynamite in recent weeks, but Connor must be the best back up 6 in SL. We won't lose too much.

Shows what I know! I thought we’d take ten minutes to get the first try!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

That was some break, some pick-up and some try.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived